• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
UK
We're fucked :)

I imagine the Tory's will get a majority because of idiots just wanting Brexit to be over with whilst ignoring it was a Tory created problem and the reason it's gone like it has is because of their incompetency and corruption.

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ygt_Mw1Y.jpg

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK

Very nice.

The tories haven't learned a thing regarding social media and momentum would have a lot more experience and data so more cash can only help spread up to date info and messaging.

Labour need to focus on the NHS and other issues and making things better short term and only focus on brexit by saying they are giving the people the final say and move back to having the tories own the current status society is in.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The tories haven't learned a thing regarding social media and momentum would have a lot more experience and data so more cash can only help spread up to date info and messaging.
You mean "the Tories have probably contracted another Cambridge Analytics-like company that will do the work for them, and it will only be discovered 6 months after their victory so it won't be investigated because that would be too political", surely?

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
You mean "the Tories have probably contracted another Cambridge Analytics-like company that will do the work for them, and it will only be discovered 6 months after their victory so it won't be investigated because that would be too political", surely?
Chances are high that could happen of course but things are a little more well known on that side so would be extremely risky to do so since it could work against them if it came out during the run up but we shall see.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chances are high that could happen of course but things are a little more well known on that side so would be extremely risky to do so since it could work against them if it came out during the run up but we shall see.
With the lack of consequences their last attempt had, I can totally see DomCum trying the same thing. At worse, it will have the same results, and they'll have a couple of dumb fall guys with weird hair color to protect themselves.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
With the lack of consequences their last attempt had, I can totally see DomCum trying the same thing. At worse, it will have the same results, and they'll have a couple of dumb fall guys with weird hair color to protect themselves.
Its something that needs to be kept an eye on for sure, only hope to counter it is to call it out as soon as something is dodgy and tie it in with how shady Boris and the tories are, denying the people a new vote, lying about funding for new hospitals etc.

Make Boris seem like the biggest grifter there is and that the people are the marks he is going after.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Its something that needs to be kept an eye on for sure, only hope to counter it is to call it out as soon as something is dodgy and tie it in with how shady Boris and the tories are, denying the people a new vote, lying about funding for new hospitals etc.

Make Boris seem like the biggest grifter there is and that the people are the marks he is going after.

Do Tory voters give a shit though? I'm actually hard pressed to find anything (maybe something anti-unionist), that they'd be up in arms over...

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Do Tory voters give a shit though? I'm actually hard pressed to find anything (maybe something anti-unionist), that they'd be up in arms over...
I think if Labour pile on enough examples and focus of failing services under tory government over the last decade and also call out their lies over the years of how they would make things better and also provide clear, alternative working plans to do things better it would greatly help.

If something came out about using dodgy data, call it out as another example of their corrupt, selfish ways and on a little trust the people with brexit vote 2 and it could help somewhat.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
I think if Labour pile on enough examples and focus of failing services under tory government over the last decade and also call out their lies over the years of how they would make things better and also provide clear, alternative working plans to do things better it would greatly help.

If something came out about using dodgy data, call it out as another example of their corrupt, selfish ways and on a little trust the people with brexit vote 2 and it could help somewhat.

Personally, I don't see the majority of traditional Tory voters ever voting for Labour, regardless of what transpires. If Boris fucks things badly enough, they'll just vote for Farage imo. There's just too much emotional investment and pride imo. Could you imagine traditional Labour voters voting for the Tories? More chance of them voting for the Lib Dems. It's all fucking tribal politics, and save for some monumental fuck up, Tories will stick with Boris (or vote for Farage).

I'm sorry, I know this sounds defeatist, but it's honestly how I feel.

I do think that we'll have a Labour/SNP (+ whomever else) coalition in power come Friday 13th though...

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Personally, I don't see the majority of traditional Tory voters ever voting for Labour, regardless of what transpires. If Boris fucks things badly enough, they'll just vote for Farage imo. There's just too much emotional investment and pride imo. Could you imagine traditional Labour voters voting for the Tories? More chance of them voting for the Lib Dems. It's all fucking tribal politics, and save for some monumental fuck up, Tories will stick with Boris (or vote for Farage).

I'm sorry, I know this sounds defeatist, but it's honestly how I feel.

I do think that we'll have a Labour/SNP (+ whomever else) coalition in power come Friday 13th though...
They probably are more likely to vote lib Dem, so I'm hoping that and the Brexit party steal enough votes to allow Labour to get ahead enough to work something anti tory together and try to build from there.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
They probably are more likely to vote lib Dem, so I'm hoping that and the Brexit party steal enough votes to allow Labour to get ahead enough to work something anti tory together and try to build from there.

Hoping for exactly the same. It's a shame that a lot of people don't have faith in Labour getting a majority, and I don't blame them, and I'm one of them. I don't blame JC, but a lot of other Labour MPs have a lot to answer for, as does our fucking media.

Edit: Labour's shambles over their Brexit stance (and other things) is also to blame.

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
🤔

The small print on that graph...

Also, you may have heard about it already but if you check Best for Britain's dubious tactical voting website and enter a North East Somerset postcode (I used Mogg's office - BS31 1DQ), it'll tell you to vote for the Lib Dems. This is despite Labour being in a stronger position to challenge the Tories there.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
🤔

Also, you may have heard about it already but if you check Best for Britain's dubious tactical voting website and enter a North East Somerset postcode (I used Mogg's office - BS31 1DQ), it'll tell you to vote for the Lib Dems. This is despite Labour being in a stronger position to challenge the Tories there.

Latest poll for Mogg's constituency actually has Lib Dem's up 20% and Labour down 20%

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
Latest poll for Mogg's constituency actually has Lib Dem's up 20% and Labour down 20%
I've just seen it's based on a Survation telephone poll commissioned by the Lib Dems. But they're the ones who correctly predicted the last election result, so it'll be even more interesting to see how it plays out (seems quite safe for Mogg though).

Oct 27, 2017
Going after JRM is a lost cause, going after Boris however....majority of 5000 to Labour on a 66% turnout, difficult but not impossible.

By the way its so nice seeing news coverage back in election mode.

Last edited:

pulsemyne

Oct 30, 2017
🤔

My god the small print is priceless, with a fantastic example of a leading question.

Status
Not open for further replies.