P-Switch

Alt Account
Jul 15, 2018
Did I read the OP right?

Spider-Man is the fastest selling ps4 game in the UK since the last COD game, 10 months ago?

So basically Spider-man will sell about the same in the UK as Crash Bandicoot did last year?

chanunnaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did I read the OP right?

Spider-Man is the fastest selling ps4 game in the UK since the last COD game, 10 months ago?

So basically Spider-man will sell about the same in the UK as Crash Bandicoot did last year?
giphy.gif

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
Great stuff. Congrats to everyone at Insomniac who poured their hearts into this one.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Spectacular.

Much deserved, loving my time with the game. Have had a real hard time putting down the controller this weekend.

patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
And some were in doubt and even argued with me about Spidey easily outselling Tomb Raider. Bet they are 'regretting' it now lol

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
I love Insomniac and I think they deserve everything great so I'm really glad for this.

BUT I think this is a great lesson on the power of hype and marketing. Our industry is REALLY interesting.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
When Sony announces the sales here in a week or so it's going to be absolute insanity. Always said Spider-Man would be a monster. Especially a critically excellent Spider-Man game, which this is and that only helped it sell even more. Congrats to Insomanic. You did the impossible and made a good Spider-Man game.

Last edited:

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Last edited:

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
There have been a treasure trove of posts leading up to this release downplaying the sales potential of it that were really aggressive and using faulty logic. I imagine those people will basically disappear from talking about it now.

Even though there will be 19 LTTP threads on here declaring the game 'shit' over the next 6 months it will do very well by word of mouth and this game satisfies things a lot of people have been clamoring for, for a long time.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
There have been a treasure trove of posts leading up to this release downplaying the sales potential of it that were really aggressive and using faulty logic. I imagine those people will basically disappear from talking about it now.

Even though there will be 19 LTTP threads on here declaring the game 'shit' over the next 6 months it will do very well by word of mouth and this game satisfies things a lot of people have been clamoring for, for a long time.

There's some gems in this topic alone.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/betting-time-how-much-will-spider-man-end-up-selling.64929/

the_id

Oct 25, 2017
This makes me so happy. The game is amazing. Its a labour of love by Insomniac Studios and Marvel along with Sony did well in picking them as their developer

Laie

Jul 20, 2018
Not sure if it's goty, but it rekindled the feeling of playing video games as a child for me, relexing, engrossing and just pure fun

patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Man, I am sooo happy right now lol. Can't wait to see this partnership between Sony and Marvel strengthen even further. Bring it on!

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
#singleplayergamesaredead
Alright, I get that it's fun to say that every time a single player game does well, but that quote never really would have applied to spider-man because it is an open world game, whereas the quote was mostly talking about traditional linear games.

Fantastic (spectacular?) result for insomniac. They should be very proud of the excellent game they've made