• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
How many sales threads have their been about Xbox games? If there is one I'll most certainly post the exact same thing. Please quit the "you're a fanboy" bullshit, it's a weak and dismissive behaviour, especially when the actual thing being discussed has nothing to do with any specific manufacturer.

What the hell. I didn't call you a fanboy. I didn't even know who you are, or care what console or consoles you like. All I said is that the only times you complained about sales (from your post history) was from a specific publisher.
I even said that it must be a coincidence.

I did not saw any coment from you in COD, or Fifa asking ho many of those sales were from bundles.

Btw feel free to check my post history too.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Uncharted sold 28 million (~2/3 of total) units over the first 5 games (3 mainline, 1 lower profile, 1 collection)
Uncharted sold nearly 14 million (~1/3 total) units over the last 2 games (1 mainline, 1 lower profile)

The game got so much bigger with UC4.
Numbers don't lie.
Since UC4 the series sold already half of the total before.

That is not even close to be in the same realm.
Uncharted 2 and 3 both did well over 6 million sales, it got huge with Uncharted 2. Getting even bigger doesn't change that.

ZZMitch

Oct 26, 2017
Well deserved, by far my favorite Playstation franchise. I bought a cheap PS4 Slim on Black Friday and my first game purchase was the Uncharted Collection. Three great games for less than $5 a piece, not too shabby.

Deleted member 26104

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
What the hell. I didn't call you a fanboy. I didn't even know who you are, or care what console or consoles you like. All I said is that the only times you complained about sales (from your post history) was from a specific publisher.
I even said that it must be a coincidence.

I did not saw any coment from you in COD, or Fifa asking ho many of those sales were from bundles.

Btw feel free to check my post history too.
So you say you didn't call me a fanboy, yet also admit that you said to dismiss my opinion because "look at his post history, he only says things when it's sony", correct? That's pretty clear cut, don't pretend you didn't. You pulled the dismissive fanboy argument.

I didn't see a fifa or cod thread bragging about sales figures. Again - I'd say the exact same thing if MS came out saying how many copies Forza Horizon 3 has "sold". To me it's not a sale when you give it away for free with the console that people were going to buy anyway, no matter who the publisher is.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So wait...do people not consider Destiny 2 a sale if they bought the $450 PS4 bundle? The price of the game is right in there (slightly discounted).

Deleted member 26104

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So wait...do people not consider Destiny 2 a sale if they bought the $450 PS4 bundle? The price of the game is right in there (slightly discounted).
Was it more expensive than the regular PS4? Was it a destiny themed console or anything like that, or was it just a regular PS4 + destiny for the same price as a PS4?

If it's the latter then no, if it's the former then yes as they clearly bought it for destiny.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
One of my favorite series ever and UC4 and Lost Legacy are the best games in the franchise...

But I hope they take a break from it. I'd love to see Naughty Dog do something new for a while before going back to Uncharted.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Uncharted sold 28 million (~2/3 of total) units over the first 5 games (3 mainline, 1 lower profile, 1 collection)
Uncharted sold nearly 14 million (~1/3 total) units over the last 2 games (1 mainline, 1 lower profile)

Numbers don't lie.

That don't really change my point .
U1 to 3 sold 21 million .
With each number selling more and more .
This series got big after 2 or if you want 3 since UC1 did not sell any where near UC2 or 3 .
Also the next 14 million come from UC4 , UC LL and maybe collection sales .

EDIT then again i guess this depends on what you call big .

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
So you say you didn't call me a fanboy, yet also admit that you said to dismiss my opinion because "look at his post history, he only says things when it's sony", correct? That's pretty clear cut, don't pretend you didn't. You pulled the dismissive fanboy argument.

I didn't see a fifa or cod thread bragging about sales figures. Again - I'd say the exact same thing if MS came out saying how many copies Forza Horizon 3 has "sold". To me it's not a sale when you give it away for free with the console that people were going to buy anyway, no matter who the publisher is.

I got to be honest with you. I do not care if you think I called you a fanboy or not. Like I don't care if this are sales from bundles. I only looked at your history post because someone point out.

And Im only repliyng to you because you replied to me.

Now you want to continue this? Or are we done here? Can we move on?

Ardiloso

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Seems smart to heavily bundle games to inflate the sales numbers, I don't remember a Uncharted entry not bundled to death.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Numbers don't lie.

Nobody was talking about "sales of Uncharted 1 or 2 being in the same realm as Uncharted 4".
Uncharted 1, 2 and 3 (maybe together with Golden Abyss) sold over 21 million copies when A. Gies posted that.
Saying "Nah, those sales aren't really setting the world in fire" is BS.
The next thing was "TLOU doing less than Uncharted". Before TLOU Remaster launched, TLOU already sold well over 7 million copies.
Right now, TLOU, together with the remaster, should be around 13 million imo. So all A. Gies tried to do was downplaying Uncharted sales and, in the end, TLOU sales. Dude was wrong. Not the first time. He is famous for talking trash. The whole point of my post.

anthraxus

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Ahh man, only 1? That is a bummer.
Yea, ND's smoke and mirrors (cinematic style, acting etc) are prob well done in that regard as far as video games go, even if not particularly my cup of tea (big Hollywood popcorn blockbuster)

If I weren't an old school jaded gameplay guy I might be able to get into it more, but things like the semi-automated platforming, brainless puzzles and popamole shooting is not very good gameplay and a big turn off for me.

Deleted member 30569

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Many congrats to Uncharted! In my opinion, those sales are well deserved!

I know the games get some hate from certain parts of the community, but Uncharted became (and still remains) one of my absolute favorite game series from last gen. Some of the most fun I've had with videogames, like... ever. Enough to have platinum'd the games in the Nathan Drake Collection.

Bring on more Uncharted! :-)

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
Damn that's really good for only five games, even if bundles are included. Congrats to ND for a *great franchise.

*as long as we ignore the first game. =p

zephyrcian

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Holy shit. Uncharted has come far. All those feels. Congrats Naughty Dog for 10 years of one of the best video game franchises ever made.

klee123

Oct 27, 2017
Halo bundled, Forza bundled, Gears bundled, Mario bundled, Zelda bundled.

All these games don't really sell that much.

What's even funnier that MS in AU often bundles like 5-6 games with every console sold since the 360 days.

Guess MS first party game sales numbers are all artificially inflated by bundles too.