• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
UPDATE: It's going to be Friday, January 19 afternoon on their official website.

pIgoBu7_d.jpg

————————————————————————————
ORIGINAL POST:
cXApsis_d.jpg

From their Instagram page: "Rise and shine zed hunters. It's a new week and we've got a call to action for our most dedicated zed hunters. More details to follow on Facebook and our official blog #MicrosoftStudios #StateofDecay2"

Last edited:

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
As long as it's not a delay in the pc build or some bullshit

peepers

Dec 10, 2017
Biscay
Hehe that's my face on the low right corner

I really hope MS gives the marketing budget it deserves to this game, since the team seems to be very confident in what they have. Also, the rest of their IG profile includes pretty good artwork from the game.

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
The animation quality is a real turn off for me in this game and it kind of undermines the rest of the game even though it may be great.
That was in June, this game will launch in April or May and that E3 demo was probably made before June so the new gameplay footage (if any) will be a year more of development time and will look better.

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
The Instagram post doesn't really translate to "major announcements" or rather I wouldn't classify it as such. More like game updates coming this week. Anyways this is cool and probably one of the major exclusives ms has coming in terms of potential of commercial and critical success.

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
The Instagram post doesn't really translate to "major announcements" or rather I wouldn't classify it as such. More like game updates coming this week. Anyways this is cool and probably one of the major exclusives ms has coming in terms of potential of commercial and critical success.
I interpret it as that because if you didn't see my other thread, Undead Labs said they've wanted to share things like new gameplay and release date but Microsoft said they aren't allowed to until after the new year. As well as State of Decay 2 being rated by the ESRB today, I definitely think they're insinuating big news. Like gameplay and a release date.

peepers

Dec 10, 2017
Biscay
^Exactly. Seems like MS told them to hold until 2018 to start making some noise. I personally expect them to begin a constant stream of videos/general content about the game starting with a concrete release date.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Get your badge in the limited special edition.

It's amazing they haven't shown much of this game at all. Should be quite fresh.

Cinemikel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait.... an announcement this week..... a Nintendo Direct is coming this week........

:OOOOOOOOO

lol

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
State of Decay is already in a better place than many other zombie franchises like Dead Rising but I really hope they've added a layer of polish.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoyed the 1st one and if they can fine tune some of the animations this one could be special. Hopefully it'll be a great year for zombie games with this, Days Gone, and The Walking Dead game. Hoping for a April release to coincide with my XB1X purchase.

ReginOfFire

Oct 29, 2017
That stream is unwatchable!! Its in 5fps entire video

atleast the audio is good but she doesnt really say much new info

Last edited:

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
There's only been that one trailer at the last E3 though, which Undead Labs didn't want to show, as the game was still in an early state. I'm sure they've improved upon that by now.

Hope so.

I had my fill of poor animations with ReCore. Which was disappointing to see with that game given how tight the controls were. I don't know why they bother me so much from what we saw with SoD2. It was enough to make me not consider buying the game. I know that sounds crazy.

Goonie

Oct 26, 2017
Backseat Driver is a weekly stream that Nicole (the community manager) hosts, usually playing with a fan. It's just a way for the community to hang out and talk with devs/employees. Next week she'll be playing with the new communications director, so maybe new info?

GoldenKings

Oct 28, 2017
Hoping for maybe a developer walkthrough of some of the new systems they have in place for this game. I don't think we have any direct gameplay footage right? Just the E3 trailer?

Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing late May but I'm hoping April.

Didn't "get" first game. Screen tearing really hurt my head. Maybe I should give it another try idk. Maybe I'll just try 2