[READ CHOICES] Will TLK make more than $1.3 billion?

• Yes AND I am officially betting against Marston for it.

Votes: 22 6.6%
  • Yeah, but I got no stake in this.

Votes: 86 25.8%
  • Nope

Votes: 163 48.9%
  • Detective Pikachu will make more money ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Votes: 62 18.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a veteran of several avatar bets
d189bte.gif

This path only leads to sadness and anger.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Joke vote for Detective PIkachu.

But, ah, I learned my lesson. I'm not betting on this shit again. The market is confusing as hell.
Edit: Oof, didn't know Pete's Dragon made even less than the Dalmatians adaptations. Wow.

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
But how many million people are gonna cry when Mufasa
dies
, now that's a bet.

OP
OP
MMarston

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Putting the over/under at $1.5 billion doesn't really feel all that ballsy.
lol yeah but $1.5b ww is huge. I think it gets over $1.4b ww though.
This is a super safe bet when there's only 8 movies in total that cracked the 1.5
After RT drop AND $1.5b?

Cmon man
giphy.gif

Kind of takes the fun out of these type of threads.
giphy.gif

Alright, we'll do ballsy.

Less than $1.3 billion.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
mods seize this man and throw him in the in $900 mil closet

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
"The Lion King will only become the 13th top grossing film of all time and the top grossing live action remake in history"

OK

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I think it'll probably make that. 1.3 that is. Don't wanna do an avatar bet as I'm not too confident about it. I think it'll end around that number give or take a hundred mil.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
1.3 is higher than any of the remakes has made and is such a huge number that it puts the movie in rare company....

Its after the RT score dropped

This isn't even remotely exciting or risky dude.

javiBear

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'm Avatar Betting that it'll make more than Detective Pikachu. I also reserve the right to wait months, move goalposts, and claim that I didn't understand the rules/count home video sales into the total.

Jun 4, 2019
Lol, forget it. Keep it to 1.5 billy. I'm still winning. When it released, TLK was the 2nd highest grossing movie of all time. Aladdin's original released grossed 500 mil, and the remake almost 1b. TLK gross almost 1b in its first outing. Simple comparison shows TLK doing almost 2b (doubt it, but still). Also, do a google trend comparison of TLK versus Aladdin or Beauty. The disparity is HILARIOUS.

#TEAM1POINT5 ALL DAY BABY

Typhonsentra

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This has gotta be the safest Avatar bet ever. TLK is getting savaged on reviews and impressions. It'd only be interesting if you set it to a realistic number like 1 billion.

Feb 1, 2018
Texas
I remember when people speculated TLK was going to be the only movie that could potentially dethrone Avatar. Oh, how the times have changed.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
8 brave souls... What about the horrible looking trailers inspires such confidence? Beauty and the Beast never looked so bad.

OP
OP
MMarston

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A bunch of y'all making me feel like I should've bet for Lion King to reach 1.3/1.5 billion. You guys gotta have more faith than that.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
My mom, who hasn't been to a movie in more than 3 years, asked if she could go with me and the kids to see The Lion King.

It's more popular than Beauty and the Beast, so I'd expect it to do better.

A bunch of y'all making me feel like I should've bet for Lion King to reach 1.3/1.5 billion. You guys gotta have more faith than that.

You should have bet for it.

Everyone is going to see it. This is like betting against the Wii, everyone from the elderly to small kids want some Lion King.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly don't think you can make bank (outside of China) without a pretty good RT anymore.

Aladdin's doing okay but I think it would have done crazy numbers if it were well received. Ditto TLK.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Lion King just had the biggest opening for a Disney movie ever in The Netherlands. Good luck, OP.