Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
The Last Night is an upcoming cinematic platform game being developed by Odd Tales and to be published by Raw Fury. It was expected to be released worldwide sometime in 2018 on Microsoft Windows, macOS, Linux, and Xbox One before it was delayed.

The Last Night is a 2.5D cinematic platform game, where the player controls Charlie, a person living a lower-class existence among the rest of society that is living in an "era of leisure" and where computers and machinery have otherwise taken over all menial work. The player can have Charlie explore his city, talk freely with other citizens, get involved in gunfights, and includes elements of stealth.

Reveal trailer for those who missed it:

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
This is the guy who was saying some shit and received a ton of backlash for it right?

Ladioss

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I still prefer the art style of the original prototype. Changing it was a major error as it probably raised costs.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol!! Maybe they'll go bankrupt before they can finish the game.

that would have ruined the game awards I wonder if they were forced to pull it

Ghil

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, that trailer really is something else! I hope that all will be well for them

Oct 25, 2017
Cancelling a W-W-W-WORLD PREMIERE at the Game Awards? Like they couldn't finish it or was it part of their legal thing?

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
This is the guy who was saying some shit and received a ton of backlash for it right?
qj5jl1X.png

I9ZkjNs.png

YHOgIhs.jpg

Followup here
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1spupkj

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Haha good. I hope this is unceremoniously canceled. Maybe a third party can buy up the assets and put something out that isn't so toxic.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Microsoft pulled their deal? That'd check off all the boxes

Yeah...

- We encountered massive business, legal & funding issues we can't talk about.

Really strikes me as "One of our big financiers decided to pull their funding so they don't get caught in any (more) controversy storms centered around this game"

Microsoft in all likelyhood. I remember when this shitstorm was going down in 2017 some Microsoft exec started posting some concerned tweets about some of Soret's Alt-Right sounding statements.

Phamit

Oct 26, 2017
a studio in the core of London sounds super expensive. But London in general is quite expensive from what I know, so it maybe doesn't make that much of a difference.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
London's "core" just sounds weird, like it should be made of nougat or magma.

Bummer to hear about development issues.

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He can go fuck himself. I feel no sorrow for his woes. Entirely his own making. If MS pulled funding for this shit stain then good on them.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Also, this line:

We're currently raising funds, so get in touch: [email protected]

Got the strangest feeling that Raw Fury might have pulled out on this too.

But at that point it'd probably because they didn't feel they'd make a profit off of it moreso than the content of Soret's character, considering IIRC they picked this up after the E3 2017 shitstorm.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Damn sucks to hear about funding issues , one of my most anticipated games for this year , always thought it was odd it didn't appear at the game awards .

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The bad sounds pretty bad, but here's hoping. Art looked great for it.

What did the creator say or do again? I remember there was some sort of controversy.

I'd imagine the funding issues are probably a big publisher walking away.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Can't wait for the first cries of "but my free speech!" when it comes out that Microsoft chose to cut ties with these shitheads. I mean we already have a dozen people here lamenting the "bad" news.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah...

Really strikes me as "One of our big financiers decided to pull their funding so they don't get caught in any (more) controversy storms centered around this game"

Microsoft in all likelyhood. I remember when this shitstorm was going down in 2017 some Microsoft exec started posting some concerned tweets about some of Soret's Alt-Right sounding statements.

I feel like I saw Shannon Loftis saying something on twitter about it yeah

Oct 25, 2017
Glad the game is having funding issues. I hope it never comes out and Soret gets fucked for all of his awful views and statements.

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The bad sounds pretty bad, but here's hoping. Art looked great for it.

What did the creator say or do again? I remember there was some sort of controversy.

I'd imagine the funding issues are probably a big publisher walking away.
The developer is a full on gamergater, and claims the game takes place in the "world where feminism won".

Status
Not open for further replies.