Status
Not open for further replies.

EkStatiC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greece
but how can we do that if the game gets all the funding pulled and gets cancelled?? lmao

Every investor has the right to pull their money and sink this game, the moment this is happen we can tear apart the game.

For all who say that we must give him money, relax. Reviews exists not only to tell us if the graphics are pretty or not.

I'd say take responsibility for your comments. You're more interested in having fun with a game rather than understanding the toxic message it's aiming to spread. If you want to go play a game that has no meaning and is fun, exciting go play Katamari Da....shit you can't play that either because it's got a message about waste.

If MS or every other investor pull out and the game is cancelled i will not say a word and i will not compain, it is their right.
But if gamers want to start a crusade to ban this game even before release, i will not participate andi think of it as wrong

The point? Every game has a message. Some have good messages even when they have dark narratives (Papers, Please) and some are genuinely fucking bullshit and shouldn't see the time of day (The Last Night).

I disagree in every level with the developer but i believe that this game has the right to exist, even if it's annoy me. Are we clear?

Well, learn that the receiver of the message can alter the meaning of it, it is possible for someone to play this game about how bad feminism is and actually hate it and conclude that feminism is necessery and something good and positive.

And something more, the game has not yet release so we don't actually know the message.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Hope it gets canned and the team finds work on new projects headed by better people.
Pardon my ignorance, but isn't it exactly the same thing? Feminists are Egalitarian and vice versa?
No. Reactionaries are convinced that feminism has gone too far and is now about giving women special privileges and hurting men. The ones who aren't willing to admit outright that they hate women need a new word, hence "egalitarian."

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every investor has the right to pull their money and sink this game, the moment this is happen we can tear apart the game.

For all who say that we must give him money, relax. Reviews exists not only to tell us if the graphics are pretty or not.

Well, learn that the receiver of the message can alter the meaning of it, it is possible for someone to play this game about how bad feminism is and actually hate it and conclude that feminism is necessery and something good and positive.
You're being incredibly naive to think that'll happen. This game is for the alt-right gaters by an alt-right gater.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
The dev's opinions are bad but can we not shit the game please, at least until we can play it?

This isn't the case of Kingdom Deliverance where the one main creator is an asshat but his ideas weren't ingrained into the game.

This time you get a shitback who is directly influencing the game with his ideas.

You can't separate art from the artists on this one

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
this is a pleasant surprise

i guess commanding a fanbase compromised mostly of "fuck these sjws" isn't enough to fund your game and keep the fires burning.

And something more, the game has not yet release so we don't actually know the message.

you clearly have not been paying attention, they've updated their storefront description to disguise the garbage he was spouting. /damage control

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The game is literally based off his alt-right world view. It's morally compromised.
How many games do you reckon you've played that were developed by people like this and that you had no idea?

I'm not going to skip this game based on this, if at some point it does something I don't agree with then I'll drop it then, not before I even start it.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't the case of Kingdom Deliverance where the one main creator is an asshat but his ideas weren't ingrained into the game.

This time you get a shitback who is directly influencing the game with his ideas.

You can't separate art from the artists on this one
KCD was influenced as well with its misogyny and xenophobia. It was just more subtle and easily ignorable for people lol

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How many games do you reckon you've played that were developed by people like this and that you had no idea?

I'm not going to skip this game based on this, if at some point it does something I don't agree with then I'll drop it then, not before I even start it.
It sure was nice of him to warn us in advance and save us some money.

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
No egalitarian is an invented phrase used by shitheads who think they're slick and are hiding their shithead nature but claiming to be egalitarians.

It's the same as calling yourself a Classical Liberal.

Exactly this.

Also, I'm all for reform, but is there even any shred of evidence that this creator has changed their views and realized their errors?

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Still the most amazing looking reveal trailer in a long time.

You kidding me? That shit was fucking hideous. It's already bad enough every other fucking indie game has to do the "We want this to look like an 8/16 bit game but don't want to bother adhering to those systems' color and resolution restrictions" BS, but this game mixing that undercreative bullshit together with modern graphical effects is just peak awful.

Last edited:

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017

Did you even read the post you responded to? He thinks feminism has "gone too far" and you play a man who's a "second-class citizen" in his dystopia game.

How many games have you played where the worldview and personal politics of the dev are that explicitly on show? It's not even subtext at that point.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
KCD was influenced as well with its misogyny and xenophobia. It was just more subtle and easily ignorable for people lol

I didn't play KCD, but I'm guessing it wasn't nearly as big as this. Otherwise we would have had threads galore.

I'm actually interested in this game because of the ideas. But I am a more open minded person and think the concept is rather interesting. But we all know how most people would react to something like this when playing it..........people who want to just bash the fuck out of women is basically who its aimed at.

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't play KCD, but I'm guessing it wasn't nearly as big as this. Otherwise we would have had threads galore.

I'm actually interested in this game because of the ideas. But I am a more open minded person and think the concept is rather interesting. But we all know how most people would react to something like this when playing it..........people who want to just bash the fuck out of women is basically who its aimed at.

We had so many KCD Vavra threads pre-launch, lol.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Most likely Raw Fury has enough of his shit and pulled the publishing deal, as for whether it's still an ID@Xbox game time will tell, but wouldn't be surprised if they stopped supporting it as well.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
Oh does Mr. Tim Soret, the person who constantly likes bigoted and anti-social-science bullshit on Twitter, want my money to finish his game?

Hahahahaha

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
If they did a kickstarter or something they would probably hit the goal pretty fast

oh, I guarantee it.

It was a big hit at E3 for Xbox, and these "ID@Xbox" games have typically been pretty successful this generation.

I can't remember if this was coming to PC at all, but Xbox gamers certainly are excited for any good looking games on the horizon for them.

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Suddenly

Phill Fish seems better now.
One of the reasons he quit this industry and tried to sell his company is because of all the insults he received, and then getting doxxed, after defending Zoe Quinn and denouncing gamergate.

He was very vocal, and often inappropriate, but his heart generally seemed to be in the right place.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
If they did a kickstarter or something they would probably hit the goal pretty fast

Mostly depends on the goal, I dunno if the dev has the cache to run a successful crowdfunding campaign, they're really tough

You kidding me? That shit was fucking hideous. It's already bad enough every other fucking indie game has to do the "We want this to look like an 8/16 bit game but don't want to bother adhering to those systems' color and resolution restrictions, but this game mixing that undercreative bullshit together with modern graphical effects is just peak awful.

Not for nothing, the reveal trailer had a very strong positive reception until people found out what the game was truly about

TheManWhoSoldVG

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 30, 2018
Ah a shame about funding most likely an indie label stepped in and helped tho I could see this being an Epic Store exclusive now on lol.

Also I dont think MS played a bigger role with this game beside from console exclusive, most games from there E3 2017 presentation where indies to fill up the gaps.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Glad the game is having funding issues. I hope it never comes out and Soret gets fucked for all of his awful views and statements.
I'm not going to argue with that sentiment but there's a lot of collateral here with the people employed on the game who didn't make those pro-GG comments.

So I hope it works out even if the guy is a shitheel and also hope that the game isn't this feminist dystopia thing he said it was in 2014.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
I'm not going to argue with that sentiment but there's a lot of collateral here with the people employed on the game who didn't make those pro-GG comments.

So I hope it works out even if the guy is a shitheel and also hope that the game isn't this feminist dystopia thing he said it was in 2014.

Christ I hate this argument. Even the most vile of companies will leave collateral damage if they were to close. It's unavoidable. Sorry but they'll need to find jobs elsewhere.

vodalus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CT
You kidding me? That shit was fucking hideous. It's already bad enough every other fucking indie game has to do the "We want this to look like an 8/16 bit game but don't want to bother adhering to those systems' color and resolution restrictions, but this game mixing that undercreative bullshit together with modern graphical effects is just peak awful.

I don't know if I agree with the first part of your statement, but the second part is correct. The game looked extremely derivative and I'm glad it is in development heaven. It looks even worse now that we have seen more of Cyberpunk.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
This?

7Ui2hyo.png

Anyone tell me what the tweet says? Image isn't showing up for some reason.

Also the game is still on Raw Fury's website (although it's still saying 2018 for a release date):
https://rawfury.com/portfolio/the-last-night/

Oct 31, 2017
No egalitarian is an invented phrase used by shitheads who think they're slick and are hiding their shithead nature but claiming to be egalitarians.

It's the same as calling yourself a Classical Liberal.

All phrases are invented. I'm not sure what you're saying there? Are you saying it was picked up by people afraid to carry the feminist label?

If not, egalitarianism strikes me more as what a feminist and progressive would think -- equal civil rights, women being as equal as men, minorities as equal as the dominating race. It crosses religious and geographical boundaries. It matches many of his beliefs of universal health care and universal basic income. By definition, I'd say a feminist is an egalitarian. There shouldn't be any shame in calling oneself either.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
All phrases are invented. I'm not sure what you're saying there? Are you saying it was picked up by people afraid to carry the feminist label?

If not, egalitarianism strikes me more as what a feminist and progressive would think -- equal civil rights, women being as equal as men, minorities as equal as the dominating race. It crosses religious and geographical boundaries. It matches many of his beliefs of universal health care and universal basic income. By definition, I'd say a feminist is an egalitarian. There shouldn't be any shame in calling oneself either.

Call yourself an egalitarian is like calling yourself a men's right activist.

It's literally just there for asshats who think they're more slick than they actually are feminism while trying to maintain some sort of credibility, aka it's like calling yourself a classical liberal so you can shit on lefties, good thing it only mostly works as a sort of in group thing and anyone with half a brain sees right through it.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017

"Egalitarian" is a mansplaining attempt to co-opt the discussion about equality while simultaneously erasing and silencing the unique point of view women have on the topic. Simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.