• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

signal

Oct 28, 2017

ACRONYM® GmbH. Apparel and systems design.

ACRONYM® GmbH. Apparel and systems design.

'My body may be present, but my soul is on the Beach. I'm already dead.'

Official BRIDGES variant of J1A-GT Gen 2.2 to commemorate the release of DEATH STRANDING.† Developed in close collaboration with Hideo Kojima and KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS. Conceived and art directed by Yoji Shinkawa.

Famed urban techwear brand Acronym and friend of Hideo Kojima Errolson Hugh release a variant of the J1A-GT jacket they already sell, but with some Death Stranding colours and details. 1,752€ though!!! Claims of "Timefall proof technology" possibly unsubstantiated, though who knows what 3L gore-tex is capable of. Who buying?

L4baTB5.jpg

XamABHP.jpg

1Hiubj3.jpg

7FluktC.jpg

kniB6Mp.jpg

GXjRGyw.jpg

AroeKYl.jpg

Sp4AO5L.jpg

uTLYGII.jpg

HvgQak8.jpg

I think he made a one-off for Kojima in like late 2019 but now it can be yours.

eyHFY0S.jpg

Last edited:

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta give it to Kojima and everyone involved in the creative process of Death Stranding. That design translates to reality pretty seamlessly.

treble

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Love Acronym stuff. Would love to get a piece of theirs one day - after I win the lottery. They make Veilance seem cheap.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
I would honestly rather be stark naked in a torrential downpour than wear any of that.

Seriously though, the jacket is okay if it didn't have the huge ridiculous yellow pouch.

Also that price hahahahahahahahahhahaha.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would have actually liked to see them make Fragile's spiky coat. That outfit was so over the top but cool.

Chibits12

Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore, MD
I can imagine shopping around at a grocery store with that jacket on with the baby in the container while wearing a facemask. I'd look like a human body harvester lol.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
They remove some of the more sci-fi elements but add a giant yellow kangaroo pounch on front.

Not even in the middle either, like slightly up and to the left.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
signal you did this to make the gamer t-shirt crowd mad, didn't you? Some of these people are going to have heart attacks when they see the cost of a piece.

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Only works on a select lucky few. The rest of us hide or shameful bodies in baggy jeans and tshirts

Deleted member 2328

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would rather have the one Kojima has been wearing for a while.

twitter.com

HIDEO_KOJIMA on Twitter

“The jacket I wore at TGS stage event.”

twitter.com

𝕲𝖚𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖛𝖔 on Twitter

“So hideo Kojima’s merchandise crew are designing some winter coats from death stranding. And I say, Kojima you have always & still figure out a way to make me incredibly broke. Well done my good man. 🤩✨ @HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN #deathstranding”

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure cosplayers will love it. I'm personally not a fan of the BB pouch as it sticks out too much compared to the muted colors of the rest of the jacket.

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
For those not wanting yellow, one of the normal versions. But not gaming related!!:

iwHuP72.jpg

t8vZ7Du.jpg

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's literally just a cheap anorak with a yellow patch on the front. Not sure how that's controversial.

It wasn't controversial in the slightest. You called it dorky and I just pointed out it looks like an average nice rain jacket with the yellow pouch being the only weird part. If you wore a coat like that when you were younger sans pouch I doubt anyone is going,"OH look at this dork in his rain jacket!"

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
It's not controversial it's just wrong. I won't defend current acronym pricing but the materials and design don't come 'cheap'
Acronym (and / or Stone Island) usually puts a lot of work into engineering its textiles and hardware — so much that I don't think it's fair to expect them to cost the same as a windbreaker from Old Navy.

Even if the materials are expensive, the design evokes a cheapness in how basic it is, one that I was targeted for as a kid. And also one that was perpetuated by what anorak also means in British slang. So I stand by my statement. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It wasn't controversial in the slightest. You called it dorky and I just pointed out it looks like an average nice rain jacket with the yellow pouch being the only weird part. If you wore a coat like that when you were younger sans pouch I doubt anyone is going,"OH look at this dork in his rain jacket!"

You'd be surprised at how much primary school children would judge you based on the padding in your coat.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even if the materials are expensive, the design evokes a cheapness in how basic it is, one that I was targeted for as a kid. And also one that was perpetuated by what anorak also means in British slang. So I stand by my statement. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You'd be surprised at how much primary school children would judge you based on the padding in your coat.

Are rain jackets like a rarity in the UK? I'm honestly confused here because it looks like an expensive version of jacket's people of all ages wear in the US in inclement weather.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
It's literally just a cheap anorak with a yellow patch on the front. Not sure how that's controversial.

Cheap anorak lmao. Read up on the materials used and the egineering compared to other "cheap" anoraks.

Btw, this is just another variation of their J1A-GT jacket:
ocyQ67O.jpg

Full black for a less controversial colourway

I still want their neon version of this jacket:
3352Vuj.jpg

But it's waaaaay out of my price range

Twiz

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
What is it about acronym that makes it so expensive? Can't imagine the hypebeasts lining up to flip this stuff.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would you make this thread, signal.

Is this just bait? Do you hate tech wear so much you want to see it slandered by folks whose knowledge of fashion is limited to graphic logo tees.

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Why would you make this thread, signal.

Is this just bait? Do you hate tech wear so much you want to see it slandered by folks whose knowledge of fashion is limited to graphic logo tees.
Clothing related threads are always fun here. Also quarantine is boring as hell man I just want my thread replies.

What is it about acronym that makes it so expensive? Can't imagine the hypebeasts lining up to flip this stuff.
They do! Then flip it on grailed for profit.