• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017

bd0605e49a5c5fd7c1b8451fc3cc158133f6ec89.jpg

SchroDingerzat

One Winged Slayer
Sep 24, 2018
Pretty nice jacket, the other ones on the site are also really nice. Though this is more of a high fashion brand, hence the eye watering price.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
You should really read up on what elevates ACRONYM from your average Old Navy/Uniqlo/GAP piece of clothing.

www.gq.com

Acronym Designer Errolson Hugh Sees the Future

The man behind Acronym—the cutting-edge fashion coveted by legions of fans like John Mayer and sci-fi wizards like William Gibson—is making clothes for the end of the world.
The jacket looks cool and all but this is hilarious. A pocket with an angled cut so small things roll forward and a mini pocket inside to store other things? Such novel design!

Alfman

Oct 27, 2017
Love acronyms designs. A friend of mine has some older jackets and they are really nice. Over the years the general price range went up for acronym, but they were never cheap.

If one likes Errolson Hugh's designs then I can recommend the Nike ACG Collections until 2018. He worked with Nike on those for a few years.

Seeing Hugh and his brand in DS is more like a 'real recognizes real'-thing to me. Errolson and Kojima/Shinkawa are obviously influenced by each other.

Seeing one of my favorite developers and one of my favorite designers working together in such a way is just awesome to me.

Thereby I can recommend the DS art book. Awesome character designs wearing military techwear by Shinkawa. Mama's artwork is depicted with a acronym jacket in the book btw.

It's both funny and infuriating to read comments from people who know nothing about fashion discussing it.

and this

Last edited:

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
Looks nice, if only they could make it less "designer-y". You know how you can tell it's something by some avant-garde fashion designer rather than a normal jacket... Weird things like the yellow pocket and straps. Just make a regular jacket lol. Also kind of weird it doesn't feature the blue and orange stripe from DS.

But what do I know, I am not a fashion designer

SchroDingerzat

One Winged Slayer
Sep 24, 2018
Love acronyms designs. A friend of mine has some older jackets and they are really nice. Over the years the general price range went up for acronym, but they were never cheap.

If one likes Errolson Hugh's designs then I can recommend the Nike ACG Collections until 2018. He worked with Nike on those for a few years.

Any other designers and brands you recommend if you like this style? Very much into the tech style (kind of gives me BLAME! vibes).

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
that pouch ruins it,

Ok Guys, Let's make a kickass looking jacket,

Nevermind let me just add this cheap oddly placed looking pouch in the front

Perfect!

Alfman

Oct 27, 2017
Any other designers and brands you recommend if you like this style? Very much into the tech style (kind of gives me BLAME! vibes).
guerilla-group, Krakatau are a few I check up on every new season. I would also recommend the current Nike ACG pieces, even if it's is much less techwear than it was when Errolson Hugh worked on it. I think our discussion would not fit in here, if you have more questions - just write me a message.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
This is antwon (one of the more known techwear YouTubers out there) did a pretty good unboxing video.