Status
Not open for further replies.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Damn they killed Soleimani. Very surprised.

The leader of the Shia militia and their death squads was good for America not too long ago.

Not sure how Iran will respond as for all their talk I don't believe they want war.

Oct 26, 2017
Soleimani killed thousands of innocents in the region. Calling him out as such while still calling Trump a buffoon for what he really is, is ok.

Yes, and Iran should also leave the region alone instead of interfering in every country too. Both countries here are fault, Iran is even worse.

Obama killed more in the region. Would you be as blasé with a country assassinating him? What's the arbitrary number or scale of crimes at where state sanctioned assassinations are fine.

Mar Tuuk

Oct 31, 2017
I don't think Iran will actually escalate to the point of war. There will probably be some random bombings, or actions against Israel with Hezbollah but its about optics and publicity. They have to say they're going to retaliate but to what extent will Ayatollah Khamenei actually push this to a war that assures he loses power.

Maquiladora

Nov 16, 2017
Jesus fucking Christ.

I guess Trump wanted a war to take attention away from the impeachment, but he didn't want to go to war with his new buddy Kim. So Iran it is. Because make no mistake, this will 100% lead to a war.

Happy new year.

BabyMurloc

Oct 29, 2017
Why are people acting like it's Iran who can decide whether this will be a war? It's the US aggression escalating constantly.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
So we have Climate Change, the rise of fascism, accelerated destruction of the rain forests, and now Trump is introducing WWIII. What's next? Plagues? Alien invasion? Kaiju?

Mar Tuuk

Oct 31, 2017
Why are people acting like it's Iran who can decide whether this will be a war? It's the US aggression escalating constantly.
I'd say both have a hand. We can't say Iran's hands are clean of everything. They have their own interests in the region and they will protect them which is contrary to our own and others in the region.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Great job america. Started another war, effectively destroyed all chance for a opposition in Iran and most likely set the ME on fire.

Just because you threw a tantrum over a peace deal.

Dumbasses killed the second most powerful man in iran who only reports to the supreme leader.

Deleted member 44129

Banned
May 29, 2018
I don't want to hear anyone make comparisons with any other Presidents or nations. Trump is simply not to be trusted to handle ANY global situation competently or even in the interests of the US. He is totally inexperienced politically. The man is simply dangerous. He should not be anywhere near this situation. HE. WILL. GET. US. ALL. KILLED.

Nola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'd say both have a hand. We can't say Iran's hands are clean of everything. They have their own interests in the region and they will protect them which is contrary to our own and others in the region.
The original sin for this escalation is solely on us though.

Which began when we improperly and without justification broke the multilateral non-proliferation agreement we agreed to honor.

The proxy stuff has always remained a relatively contained adversarial relation, but that action on our part is what set off the chain reaction that devolved us to this point and likely will devolve us further before its over.

AceofSpades

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fucking good news, Solimani was simply running all the Shia militias inside Arab countries causing havoc. He was full of himself and got what he deserved, burned to pieces in his car 🤣

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
History repeats itself
ENVIyodWkAI_NAk

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
Trading lives for re-election votes. Thank you for your service. Let's give Orange Hitler 4 more years to serve Putin.

AceofSpades

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Iran is just talk, they have been doing that since 1979. Let's wait and see what they do 🤣

Spoiler: Nothing

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
War with Iran means beef with Russia and China lets see if the orange shit stain is willing to go that far.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's some brazen shit, he was an awful person that won't be missed but it must be so unexpected for Iran for their high profile guy to be killed like that. It probably makes it free reign on any US persons which will just mean a snowball effect to full out war. Scary times.

AceofSpades

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Inflammatory trolling over multiple posts in a sensitive thread; Numerous prior bans for trolling.
in your face! to all those who thought Trump didn't have a plan!

I know Trump isn't all beloved around here in this forum, but for years Iran was talking big, threatening, and causing all sorts of trouble in the ME without a response. But Trump is the only one who put them in their place, and for the fences that they broke in US embassy he took the head of their army Lol.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
War with Iran means beef with Russia and China lets see if the orange shit stain is willing to go that far.
Fun thing. Iran held naval exercises with China and Russia last week. Now i don't think they'll intervene but especially russia has been providing iran with their modern weapons.

desperation to get nuclear weapons is surely back on the menu
It shows why kim will never give up his weapons if americans just start a war for the lols.

Deleted member 34788

Banned
Nov 29, 2017

They will both slap him down before it comes to that. Iran is in deep with both and the Syria summit by Putin was a tactit backing of Iran.

However, this attack means new, devastating proxy wars opening up, thousands more dying, many more us soldier deaths and all the tensions between the 2 countries heating up.

They'll be a war, it just wont be called one.

The trump admin will now likely switch to destabilizing the Iran government further.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
I know Trump isn't all beloved around here in this forum, but for years Iran was talking big, threatening, and causing all sorts of trouble in the ME without a response. But Trump is the only one who put them in their place, and for the fences that they broke in US embassy he took the head of their army Lol.

That's not really funny? this type of escalation is dumb as fuck and you'd be stupid not to expect retaliation

Mar Tuuk

Oct 31, 2017
The original sin for this escalation is solely on us though.

Which began when we improperly and without justification broke the multilateral non-proliferation agreement we agreed to honor.

The proxy stuff has always remained a relatively contained adversarial relation, but that action on our part is what set off the chain reaction that devolved us to this point and likely will devolve us further before its over.
I do agree after the agreement was broken things have gotten worse.
Iran exists in the region, the USA doesn't. This is a horrendous both-sidesing
So then because they are in the region they're the only players in the region? I guess the Sunni countries that depend on the US or even Israel don't have a say according to your logic on regional importance/proximity.
How is protecting your own interests in your own region escalating?
So their "own" region again means they should be able to demand how the Middle East is shaped? There are many players in this conflict and its not so simple.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
US continues its role as a imperial terrorist organization into the new decade. I've no empathy for whatever happens as a result of it.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
that'll sure stop them from fucking around in the me, there won't be any retribution whatsoever

not like there was some sort of deal that had caused a de-escalation or anything, nope. trump just came in and stood up to the bully.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, this is the type of moronic thinking some 40% of this country is all about. Scary.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
This is an absolute disaster and will guarantee a return to the office for Trump´s regime if an armed conflict develops as you don´t change a sitting president during a war and all of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.