nomis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

i am not advocating violence of any kind, but i hope nancy pelosi passes away peacefully as soon as humanly possible

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Which is why the Democrats need locally appealing senate candidates in red / swing states.

Joe Manchin speaks to West Virginia.

Even in (probable) defeat, Beto O'Rourke is the best candidate for Texas right now.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that the answer is to Sanderise or Clintonise everything.

Which really says something when your "locally appealing senate candidates" are Rick Fucking Scott and would-be governor DeSantos (whose primary 'appeal' outside of being bought by the NRA is that he won't 'monkey' things up).

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Screw all the negativity, we're still on track to take the house and I'm fine with that. The GOP will hold 1 less branch than they did yesterday and that's good enough for me.

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
House
5 in 9
Chance Democrats win control (53.4%)

ohboy

Look less at the models and more at how many Dems are leading Republican held seats.

Also, as continually stated, step away from a bit if you feel overwhelmed. Go for a walk, a jog, literally anything else but feverishly refreshing. I'm about to do that now.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Beto got a huge surge of votes & is now over 100k votes ahead. Did he win Houston?

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So im assuming the last 30% of texas is heavily republican which will be where cruz pulls ahead a few percent?

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
It's all Gillum. There have only been 2 black governors ever, in VA and MA, and it looked like a real strong opportunity to have another, but the state is still too racist for that to happen.
Ah interesting. I liked Gillum too, especially since DeSantis a Trump analog and I can't stand Trump, but what are you going do? Take it on the chin, get back up, and savor the victories so far.

Oct 27, 2017
Really wish blue states would more reliably boot their republican ass governors. Like, just because they aren't responsible for the bullshit in the upper levels of government doesn't mean they don't enable it.

I don't even want Biden in 2020 but the dude can throw haymakers for days. Like shit, dude dunked on Ryan in 2012.
Dunking on Ryan isn't the same as hiring PIs to get dirt on Trump. I mean we need to get legit fucking nasty.

Ukraine

Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Anyone that is saying that Dems need platform that is more than "Anti-Trump" are out of their minds. Economy is doing great. Trump being an idiot is literally their only shot.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
So I haven't been paying attention. Are all the results in yet? How much did you guys fuck it up? Is half the country, the house and senate still owned by nazi apologists who get a kick out of locking up children?

((Where can I find some live maps))

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck are people here grousing about

The NYT results tracker looks pretty fair. Mildly surprised about Beto, disappointed in Florida.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
cut_off_florida.gif

(but hey, good on them for the felon law, that'll be interesting to watch next time)
This gif has been so overused for far too many elections.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
If we can get the house and a Beto win, I'll be a fairly happy camper.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
The senate was not in play

losing mroe than 1 senate seat shouldn't have fucking happened

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I dont get what is happening in Flo.
Since 91% reporting, the remaining districts were massively Dem, 65 to 70%.
And yet now, at 98% report, there is still a 50k advantage for Scott.
Doesn't compute.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Even today I heard from people how they didn't vote because theres no point

Im not sure if people understand just how disenfranchised texas liberals have been.

If Beto barely loses, it better wake people here the fuck up. The Texas that I live in is not one that Ted Cruz should be winning in.

Even if he loses he's helped build the foundation for future dems.

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Gentle reminder for anybody disappointed that the Dems aren't winning complete control of the senate:

1. Mueller is delivering results of his investigation soon, so there's something else to look forward to.
2. An alien probe has already checked us out and is leaving the solar system, so Reaper invasion is imminent anyway.