Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So can we officially say that the tide has turned on the district level polling back to being really good for Dems?

Nope. Keep pushing. Keep being pragmatic and keep your wits about you. That's all good energy. The country is at stake and we need to balance worry against defeatism. But it isn't really good for Dems until the day after proves it.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I'm kinda disappointed that Ojeda has actually fallen 5 points behind. I thought for sure he'd be much closer if not ahead.

Box of Kittens

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
And over 70 seats in the Senate.

We will NEVER see that level of political domination ever again.

The magnitude of the clobbering was just astounding.

FDR beat Alf Landon 523-8, losing only Maine and Vermont, with a popular vote of 60.8%-36.5%. In a popular case study in intro statistics classes, the highly respected Literary Digest poll predicted a landslide victory for Landon.

The House results were Democrats 334, Republicans 88, Progressive 8, Farmer-Labor 5

The Senate results were Democrats 74, Republicans 17, Famer-Labor 2, Progressive 1, Independent 1

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Look at the polling. We're not the complacent ones.

Or is my talking about how we're not complacent per polls another example of being complacent?

The BlueMidterm subreddit had for over a year been filled with endless amounts of "don't get complacent, don't be happy, work like we're behind, remember 2016!" etc until FINALLY people got sick and tired of it and now that kind of stuff is instantly Downvoted away.

Because it's not inspiring, it's annoying.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
I really hope you're being sarcastic.

People get more excited when they think they're ahead, not less. They want to be part of the victory. It's motivating.

Every poll from every outlet shows sky-high Democratic enthusiasm. You think the enthusiasm will vanish... if people read about the enthusiasm.

Since you'll probably actually answer my question, do you think the tide has finally turned back to the Democrats on the district level polling?

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
So the reason Republican turnout is bigger then normal under an anti Republican wave is the cult shit

Why can't it be sub 2014 levels like it logically should

Kid Heart

Oct 25, 2017
Early voting starts for me next week and I couldn't be more enthusiastic to go. I've been waiting for this moment for two years, and I'm sure there are plenty of others wanting to end this national nightmare.

Hell, even if for some reason things don't go our way next month, I'll be back again every two years to try to right the ship no matter what.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Since you'll probably actually answer my question, do you think the tide has finally turned back to the Democrats on the district level polling?
I'll tentatively say yes. ME-02 went from a modest Poliquin lead to damn near even, with a slight Golden lead. Ojeda gained on Miller and could pull off an upset. We're currently up and will probably finish ahead or close in FL-15 and VA-05, universally rated Lean R (maybe even Likely at a few outlets). We haven't fallen behind in the repolls of any district besides MN-08, and Nate acknowledged that one's an outlier.

Donna Shalala will finish ahead in FL-27, so people can finally stop fucking bedwetting about it. We're not going to blow an open D+5 seat in a year like this.

So yes, it's been a good few days.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Donald Trump praised the body slamming of a reporter in the same week that we learned that the Saudi government had a reporter and American citizen butchered. It is no coincidence that that Trump is talking about Gianforte tonight for the first time in months. The cruelty is the point.

Any body of the American press that continues to cover Trump normally after this....I can't be persuaded to care when you whine from here on out. Fuck journalistic integrity and norms. Fuck access. You're complicit. You enable it. You're a part of it. Period.

94C5ZA9.jpg

Naivety?

Clickbaity headlines in the post-newspaper world?

Crooked Editors?

Access journalism being a leash?

Whatever it is in any case, it is an injury to this country.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
My Colorado ballot was LONG this year. But, I got it, and filled it out tonight. Will drop it off tomorrow, and hopefully Walker Stapleton and Mike Coffman will go away (no doubt to nice, comfy lobbying jobs).

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Remember also that Mariah is blue on her album cover and has a song about how Democrats are going to go the distance.

I don't think it's a coincidence that we start recovering in polling around the same time. Mariah bump.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Early voting starts for me next week and I couldn't be more enthusiastic to go. I've been waiting for this moment for two years, and I'm sure there are plenty of others wanting to end this national nightmare.

Hell, even if for some reason things don't go our way next month, I'll be back again every two years to try to right the ship no matter what.
Same, going Monday

Box of Kittens

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
So can we officially say that the tide has turned on the district level polling back to being really good for Dems?
It's hard to prove cause and effect but many of us were predicting this would happen. Particularly given the pattern we were seeing in terms of where the GOP was polling better it seemed like a Kavanaugh bump which was destined to fade.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
The BlueMidterm subreddit had for over a year been filled with endless amounts of "don't get complacent, don't be happy, work like we're behind, remember 2016!" etc until FINALLY people got sick and tired of it and now that kind of stuff is instantly Downvoted away.

Because it's not inspiring, it's annoying.

Oh yeah. I downvote that all the time. One dude lost his mind yesterday after that r-favored poll came out against Gillum. Had a complete meltdown because everyone was over it.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
The magnitude of the clobbering was just astounding.

FDR beat Alf Landon 523-8, losing only Maine and Vermont, with a popular vote of 60.8%-36.5%. In a popular case study in intro statistics classes, the highly respected Literary Digest poll predicted a landslide victory for Landon.

The House results were Democrats 334, Republicans 88, Progressive 8, Farmer-Labor 5

The Senate results were Democrats 74, Republicans 17, Famer-Labor 2, Progressive 1, Independent 1
Jesus, even a 60 senate democrat supermajority sounds like a dream and FDR got 74.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope you're being sarcastic.

People get more excited when they think they're ahead, not less. They want to be part of the victory. It's motivating.

Every poll from every outlet shows sky-high Democratic enthusiasm. You think the enthusiasm will vanish... if people read about the enthusiasm.

I was being sarcastic but the red wave bs by Trump was followed by a correction. I want zero correction.

Status
Not open for further replies.