• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
Upcoming Mueller dates to watch:
Dec 4: Flynn gov't sentencing memo due
Dec 5(?): Cohen gov't sentencing memo due (SDNY)
Dec 7: Manafort gov't sentencing memo due
Dec 12: Cohen sentencing
Dec 14: Mystery appellant hearing (closed session, very likely we'll learn nothing)
Dec 18: Flynn sentencing

Last edited:

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
47200942_2320859097955529_5820481027465805824_n.jpg

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Upcoming Mueller dates to watch:
Dec 4: Flynn sentencing memo due
Dec 5(?): Cohen sentencing memo due (SDNY)
Dec 7: Manafort sentencing memo due
Dec 12: Cohen sentencing
Dec 14: Mystery appellant hearing (closed session, very likely we'll learn nothing)
Dec 18: Flynn sentencing
Notes on Tuesday and Friday:

Rebecca Ballhaus @rebeccaballhaus

Mueller news this week—

Tuesday: Prosecutors file sentencing memo on Flynn that details his cooperation & could shed more light on campaign activity.

By Friday: Prosecutors detail why Mueller scrapped Manafort's plea agreement & lay out the lies he allegedly told.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
I hope trump resigns during this [OT] thread.
(then Pence resigns during [OT14], then hail President Pelosi!)

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Vilsack is surging! How'd his name ever get on that list in the first place? Let me guess, some kind of moderate darling purple state governor thing? I remember ZERO about the 2008 primaries other than Obama vs Clinton. That's how crappy everyone else was.

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017
Surely NC-09 has to have new elections for that seat? Anything short of that is democracy subverted. Imagine if it was on the other foot with a Democrat, Trump would be catatonic.

Oct 25, 2017
Vilsack is surging! How'd his name ever get on that list in the first place? Let me guess, some kind of moderate darling purple state governor thing? I remember ZERO about the 2008 primaries other than Obama vs Clinton. That's how crappy everyone else was.
After 2004, some thought Democrats could only win by running a Clintonite centrist who could appeal to southern/midwestern whites. That's why people overhyped guys like Vilsack, Bayh, and Mark Warner in 2005/06. Kerry just ran an uninspiring campaign in contrast to Bush. Dean was a more exciting candidate. If Democrats are voting against Trump rather than for the Democratic nominee, it'll be a harder task to win like 2004.

Last edited:

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
How could you forget John Edwards?

Surely NC-09 has to have new elections for that seat? Anything short of that is democracy subverted. Imagine if it was on the other foot with a Democrat, Trump would be catatonic.
Almost certain at this point.

The amusing thing is that the GOP may be locked into Harris as their candidate. Not sure if it'll make a difference in the race, but it sure can't help them any.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
After 2004, some thought Democrats could only win by running a Clintonite centrist who could appeal to southern/midwestern whites. That's why people overhyped guys like Vilsack, Bayh, and Mark Warner in 2005/06. Kerry just ran an uninspiring campaign in contrast to Bush. Dean was a more exciting candidate. If Democrats are voting against Trump rather than for the Democratic nominee, it'll be a harder task to win like 2004.

Kerry overpeformed the fundamentals in '04 - the economy was humming along and more importantly, people hadn't turned against the Iraq War.

A Dean nomination means a bigger loss in '04 than in '08, somebody like Bayh or Warner actually getting nominated (or at best, being Hillary's VP), and an even worse response to the '08 recession and as a result, a 2012 GOP win for POTUS.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
I know Poliera hates Cable News but watching Santorum doing pretzel twists trying to protect Trump from Cohen was fucking hilarious.
Even in his face you could tell he knew he was spewing bs lol

Santorum: "There's a difference between someone (Trump) who on occasion does stretch the truth"
Cuomo: "Known as day and night"

lmao

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
Is it too much to ask for our country to support a bid for a young woman of color to run in 2020? I'm tired of musing about these dusty old farts. 😞

Plover

Oct 27, 2017

So freaking funny. Extra good when everyone else in the room is clearly not even trying to taking him seriously.

Man I'm looking forward to the information we may see publicly today and this week. One of the last times we heard something new about Flynn was that potential kidnapping scheme- will it be topped?

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

No longer any reasonable doubt as to absentee fraud perpetrated by pro-Harris forces in #NC09 in both primary and general.

Now questions are: how widespread and who knew?
The elections board has collected information suggesting that high-level officials in the campaign may have been aware of Dowless's activities, according to the two people.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
So uh if one of the candidates is confirmed to have tried to sabotage the election the other candidate wins right? Or if they have a new election the candidate that fucking cheated doesn't get to just run again does he? Because that would be some kind of insane bullshit.

Culex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So uh if one of the candidates is confirmed to have tried to sabotage the election the other candidate wins right? Or if they have a new election the candidate that fucking cheated doesn't get to just run again does he? Because that would be some kind of insane bullshit.
It doesn't sound like there are any clear rules regarding this scenario. I think Harris is legally allowed to just run again, even though he/his campaign clearly knew or perpetrated the fraud.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
I'm afraid Democrats are going to, once again, over-learn the lessons of their losing elections. It's pretty common when a party suffers a big loss, like in 2016, that they swing too far in the opposite direction to course correct and over-do it. Hillary very nearly won in 2016, so I'm nervous about making drastic changes to compensate for what was very nearly a win, and ending up with a candidate that's even further from where we want.

Basically, just because Hillary Clinton was physically incapable of sweating doesn't mean we should nominate the sweatiest man in America. Let's not be drastic.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm afraid Democrats are going to, once again, over-learn the lessons of their losing elections. It's pretty common when a party suffers a big loss, like in 2016, that they swing too far in the opposite direction to course correct and over-do it. Hillary very nearly won in 2016, so I'm nervous about making drastic changes to compensate for what was very nearly a win, and ending up with a candidate that's even further from where we want.

Basically, just because Hillary Clinton was physically incapable of sweating doesn't mean we should nominate the sweatiest man in America. Let's not be drastic.
Sorry, but real America sweats. We need someone sweaty to win. The sweater the better.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I 👏 T 👏 S 👏B👏E👏T👏O

It's Biden and Bernie tho

Is the sweatisest man Beto or Bernie because... they're both kind of sweaty

Last edited:

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017

Who is that? Which candidate is really far from her?

RiPPn

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix

Anyone else having trouble with twitter embeded videos playing? Didn't have a problem before the upgrade.

Never mind, seems a reload got them to play.

Actually it seems the first video I click on just gives a white screen with the play button, however if I click a second video then both the first and second will play and only works on this embed that has 2 videos. Single video embed just remain white.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.