Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
I was gonna go with Storm in a Pee Cup but there's not much pee stuff in the news.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder when Trump tweets something awful about the march. He will because it's all the news channels are playing.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Wonder when Trump tweets something awful about the march. He will because it's all the news channels are playing.

I don't think he will. Somebody got it in his head that it's a bad idea to go after them and he seems to be at least trying. Similar to DACA where he's got the idea that he can't just attack them as criminal aliens, or even how he had this fairly politically savvy, patronizing response to the anniversary Women's March. Aside from the Take a Knee movement, protest doesn't seem to spark public meltdowns in him (even if he's terrified of getting up close to one).

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
I don't think the statement on the new Transgender Ban was posted in here?

It's basically like the subsequent Muslim Bans, the legal equivalent of "I'm not touching you." "You can be transgender and serve in the military, you just can't do or have ever done anything that defines the typical transgender experience. Because unit cohesion and expensive surgery."

Deleted member 3082

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

For those who are too young to remember what CDs are, he is referring to his Beatles bandmate John Lennon who was shot dead in 1980.

Unrelated, saw one of my wife's co-workers tweet about the kids marching today as "having temper tantrums." Unfollowed! (He only seems to signal boost insufferable Philly sports stuff anyway)

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For those who are too young to remember what CDs are, he is referring to his Beatles bandmate John Lennon who was shot dead in 1980.

Unrelated, saw one of my wife's co-workers tweet about the kids marching today as "having temper tantrums." Unfollowed! (He only seems to signal boost insufferable Philly sports stuff anyway)

Quite right.

If anyone in my circle of friends does anything of the sort I'm literally going to slap them as hard as u can. I am almost certain I don't have a single real friend who is that despicable. Fucking calling those kids lies or whiners "just because their friends were massacred a couple of weeks ago and they themselves were almost killed."

I'm sure your Philly guy has been through a similarly traumatic experience.

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017
"It is hard to get a man to understand something when his income depends upon his not understanding it."

Oct 25, 2017
My gun nut high school roommate posted on an unrelated FB post I made (about the omnibus) to bitch about how the language of the bump stock ban being contrary to previous court decisions about the legal definition of a machine gun. He's a lawyer. This same guy has said that I'm "not allowed" to debate gun issues because I smoke weed and therefore cannot own a firearm according to the Firearns Code. It's like, what do you want from me?

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man almost everyone that has talked on CNN basically this thing just ends up equating gop = nra = vote them out for a blue wave. Whew that real bad for repubs when you got kids saying that shit.

Oct 25, 2017
Man almost everyone that has talked on CNN basically this thing just ends up equating gop = nra = vote them out for a blue wave. Whew that real bad for repubs when you got kids saying that shit.

That's encouraging and all but don't 60% of them identify as socially conservative? Or at least more so than millennial as and Gen X? There's a Forbes article that says that, anyway.

Deleted member 3082

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure your Philly guy has been through a similarly traumatic experience.

I'm sure he'd say watching the Eagles suck his entire life counts.

The guy's a dick anyway, found out yesterday he hates pets and made his kid flush a goldfish he won at a carnival. Who the fuck does that, it's a fucking fish!

Rubio shit take incoming

I love the appeal to "common ground," like "Hey, so you almost died and a bunch of your friends are dead, stop being hysterical so we can come to an agreement!"

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Will we millennials still be ruining things when the oldest of us hit 40 and become middle-aged?

I'll never be older than 29, but I just wanted to ask.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
I'll ask this question again because it got lost several weeks ago during Infrastructure Week:

Has every generation of young people had this idea that politics should be sunshine and rainbows and honesty and warm feelings? Do people not realize it's a cutthroat game?

TerminusFox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

How does this moron have an income of 30k a month from posting garbage like this???

Ugh

EDIT: Read the whole twitter thread. He's got a shit ton of facts blatantly wrong.

Last edited:

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
holy shit red haired kid just scared the shit out of half the crowd. He was like "we need to arm our teachers" and kept saying it. With pencils of course.

DTC

Oct 25, 2017

How does this moron have an income of 30k a year from posting garbage like this???

Ugh

EDIT: Read the whole twitter thread. He's got a shit ton of facts blatantly wrong.

He thinks Medicare for all, free colllege, and weed legalization are winners among the American public because he's in his 20 years and doesn't realize that a very large (and growing because baby boomers!) % of the electorate is 65+ (aka people the least likely to support the first two because they don't at all benefit from medicare being expanded to young people and free college)

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Secular talk douche isn't even much of a leftist, guy complains about Marxist, and Sjw all the time, and makes "triggered" "jokes" he is so insufferable I stopped hate watching him.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Suiko

Oct 25, 2017
Secular talk douche isn't even much of a leftist, guy complains about Marxist, and Sjw all the time, and makes "triggered" "jokes" he is so insufferable I stopped hate watching him.

Soooo many "new atheists" have jumped on that bandwagon. It's frustrating, as the data does not support their claim, yet they are supposed to be better than that.

Last edited:

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man this 1-2 punch of bill then march is pretty good. I think the crowds have exceeded expectations. Might be close to a million in DC

Status
Not open for further replies.