• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sobriquet

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wilmington, NC
That NYT article contains a photographic treasure:

20dc-mcgahn4-superJumbo.jpg

Will Roger Stone tattoo a picture of Trump on his butt?

Read this and try not to have your brain fall out:

He was saying the exact same shit during the campaign. And he was still elected. Blows my mind.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Every time Trump shouts RED WAVE Paul Ryan dies a bit inside.

There's a reason Paul Ryan is getting out of Dodge on his own terms and salvaging his career so that he can go into Lobbying to continue to destroy poor minorites.

As opposed to continue to whip teh GOP into believing they are going to hold teh House and then lose it miserably.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina

Its got me wondering how they'd take not only a red-ass beatdown in November, but the inevtiable grinding of law and order picking apart his entire world brick by brick...financial, personal, political.

On the one hand, having this passive lotus-eater crew who expects this Great Pumpkin to slay his enemies with a flick of the wrist who...can't. And there they sit on the couch waiting for nothing to happen, denying all the while.

On the other, I still don't like the idea of a crew so unhinged by reality even outwardly.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
What are they referring to when they say Dems 2018 advantage nearly gone?

Its got me wondering how they'd take not only a red-ass beatdown in November, but the inevtiable grinding of law and order picking apart his entire world brick by brick...financial, personal, political.

On the one hand, having this passive lotus-eater crew who expects this Great Pumpkin to slay his enemies with a flick of the wrist who...can't. And there they sit on the couch waiting for nothing to happen, denying all the while.

On the other, I still don't like the idea of a crew so unhinged by reality even outwardly.
I could give a shit about Q and that whole mess but I must admit I'm a little pumped to see the circles they run in post 2018

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Shit guys, I found a Simpsons gif that works way better for the current situation

giphy.gif

Bart and Lisa representing the Democrats and Homer representing the few sane Republicans bracing for the worst.

lol MN going red *ever* (yes I know it was close in 2016 shut up)

Sad news, I found out one of my best friends wrote in Bernie Sanders in 2016. Apparently he's deeply ashamed because he's never actually told me this, or anyone other than his wife (who gabbed about it to my girlfriend and told her she couldn't tell me... so she promptly did). I do think the election was a wake-up call for him and he's been really stoked about the midterms, so hopefully he's learned his lesson.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
Pardons will just make things so much worse. State charges are still going to be a thing. That's been long signaled.
Signaled, yes, but as of now, New York State still hasn't passed the fix to the so called "double jeopardy loophole." It was derailed when Schneiderman resigned.

http://observer.com/2018/06/new-york-trump-pardon-double-jeopardy-loophole/

Until they do, we better hope Trump's cronies committed crimes in jurisdictions that don't prohibit using state prosecutions as fallback mechanisms that way.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Signaled, yes, but as of now, New York State still hasn't passed the fix to the so called "double jeopardy loophole." It was derailed when Schneiderman resigned.

http://observer.com/2018/06/new-york-trump-pardon-double-jeopardy-loophole/

Until they do, we better hope Trump's cronies committed crimes in jurisdictions that don't prohibit using state prosecutions as fallback mechanisms that way.
Aren't there different charges they still haven't made yet that could be tried at state-level?

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
I'd heard rumors of Paula's Jeans Swore Again mounting a write-in campaign, but if Don Blankenship can't make the ballot, how can she?

Plus, the fact that I write her name that way should show why a write-in would be difficult.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching the 2000s on CNN and they are talking about Napster and people downloading music and showed a clip of Hilary Rosen saying how bad it is........I had no idea she was the CEO of the RIAA back then

Boy was she out of touch.....

Human

Oct 25, 2017
Between Cuomo mentioning it in that speech and this ad , I really wish politicians would not reference MAGA.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I think Republican voters being complacent and unenthused because they think they already have it in the bag and there's no way the "other team" could be winning would be the ultimate rhyme with 2016.
The only thing that would make it perfect is if Republicans actually had a polling lead right before the election, but I don't think my heart rate could handle it.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing that would make it perfect is if Republicans actually had a polling lead right before the election, but I don't think my heart rate could handle it.
Better that they have a huge deficit in polling but confidently declare them fake polls right until results come in. Let them reap the rewards of their new emotion based reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.