Not open for further replies.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
WI7TlvH.gif

lol.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Welp. Buzzfeed got duped to some degree or misunderstood stuff. Either way, this is pretty bad for them.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

Just here for the ratio.

I worked at the school where his son went to school when his son ran away. It was fucking awful. The school had search parties and shit going out to find him. His son was eventually found in Times Square, NYC a few days later. The school is in MA. Probably took a bus there. I've always thought part of the reason why his kid ran away was because his dad is an asshole.

Jeff Jacoby is definitely a pre-ratio columnist.

It makes no sense to do this if it's not a national emergency
Saturday afternoon will have no audience

If true, lmao.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
I know that mueller's office can't be specific... But I really don't want to see the huge amount of crow that the right will try to serve the left with their "fake news" nonsense.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
'specific statements'. At this point it could be possible they definitely did not want that getting out and are now scrambling to obscure things. They almost never reply to news stories.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
PREDICTION: Trump will announce that he and "the Senate" have come to an agreement on ending the shutdown with wall funding, and it just requires Nancy to sign off. If not, "the Democrats" will own the shutdown.

I know you know this, but this makes no sense as a strategy. Even if the Senate were to pass something, Pelosi can put it up for a vote and it will be voted down in the House. Pelosi has that perk in that she knows she can put something up and it will NOT pass, whereas McConnell is not putting something up because he fears it will. McConnell had already said he's operating based on Trump's blessing, therefore, any "deal" has to be between Trump and the House since McConnell has already passed on his responsibilities wholely to Trump's whim.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
That's not a flat denial of things, but they wouldn't do something like that regardless. Well, this is certainly complicated.

Trump: "Totally exonerates the President, thank you!"

Oct 27, 2017
The wording there is fascinating because it's both destroying the story but also full of such laser-targeted word choices it could be saying very little.

Pockets

Oct 27, 2017
That statement is vague enough to pump the brakes on the impeachment talk until after they issue their report. I wouldn't make much more of it.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Mueller has never issued public statements like this on stories that were far sketchier.

Something about this makes me believe the story even more.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yeah I doubt it's just outright 100% false. I almost wonder if (by the way it's worded) this is an attempt to get the story out of the headlines so this doesn't somehow interfere with their current work.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Right wing news is mostly fake shit, so if a mistake was made here, move on and forget about it. Fucking prayer rugs.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
I swear to god if one of you posts some Jacob Wohl or similar person tweet reacting to this thinking that we should see it don't, we don't need to see it.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Ok here's my take on their word choice: They said inaccurate, not incorrect. I interpret that to mean that Buzzfeed got some specific assertions wrong but the spirit of their article is probably right.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Mueller could have done the usual "no comment" but I'm wondering why his office made that statement.

Edit: could be because they don't want to spook Individual 1?

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
I know you know this, but this makes no sense as a strategy. Even if the Senate were to pass something, Pelosi can put it up for a vote and it will be voted down in the House. Pelosi has that perk in that she knows she can put something up and it will NOT pass, whereas McConnell is not putting something up because he fears it will. McConnell had already said he's operating based on Trump's blessing, therefore, any "deal" has to be between Trump and the House since McConnell has already passed on his responsibilities wholely to Trump's whim.
No, they've found something they're willing to dangle to try to make it look like the Democrats are responsible for the ongoing shutdown.

This is entirely about shifting blame, not about opening government or making any sort of deal.

nature boy

Oct 25, 2017
I mean Cohen and his attorneys haven't denied the story.

Dunno what strategy Mueller is playing, but it's getting late to be keeping things under wraps.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

As someone who takes a specialty medication, I too have gone through 3 fucking pharmacies for my meds in a year and a half period.

The article covers a number of big issues with the prescription drug market, but the main complaint is pretty trivial. My insulin prescription just listed all the brands

Oct 27, 2017
They didn't dispute it, they just said it's not accurate

Of course, it's because they have TONS more calls, documents, statements than are described in the report.

Right?

Perhaps not.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
I mean Cohen and his attorneys haven't denied the story.

Dunno what strategy Mueller is playing, but it's getting late to be keeping things under wraps.
It says the sources were based on texts and emails the special counsel has. If they are saying it's not accurate then it's likely that they are saying that don't have that proof not that it didn't happen

Mr Paptimus

Oct 26, 2017
I just find it odd they never did something like this for the McClatchy stories, which everyone grew to doubt because no additional collaboration.

Were McClatchy stories getting Congress people to talk about impeachment? It could be just because this one was getting a lot more play in Congressional circles and seemed to be taken more seriously, so they felt they needed to clarify it quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.