• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I went to New Orleans earlier this year for vacation, and that town definitely deserves better then some Trump wannabee for governor. I'm glad things seem going to going JBE's way. Hopefully this, Kentucky and Virginia are good signs for next year.
It does. It still needs to recover from Katrina in many aspects. But then go up north just a little bit and it's a huge fucking culture shock.

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
You....you cannot be fucking serious.

There's no way that this is true.

The final margin is likely to be very close. A Dem strategist I just spoke with credits LSU's win vs. Alabama for voters' satisfaction w/ direction of state & Edwards's razor-thin victory. #LAGOV

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Catching up on the thread, and fucking yuck at the booty poll. The next debate should be interesting if Sanders and Warren team up again the stamp him out. And biden can babble in the corner about how he loves the smell of brylcreem or whatever.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Trump went to LA 3 times

Was Abraham non-Trumpy? Seem some talk about his voters crossing over or staying home.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
I'm so glad JBE won

From the looks of it, Rispone underperformed in parishes where Abraham won in the primary and JBE is meeting or exceeding Wasserman's benchmarks in most of the parishes and underperformed in rural north.

Basically New Orleans and the burbs, Baton Rouge, and Shreveport, and black voters saved JBE.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

The final margin is likely to be very close. A Dem strategist I just spoke with credits LSU's win vs. Alabama for voters' satisfaction w/ direction of state & Edwards's razor-thin victory. #LAGOV

Ha, wasn't Trump at that game?

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
These Democrats are winning by pretty thin margins. I am sure the GOP will pull out the same talking points that Democrats do that the margins are so close this time that democrats should be worried that the GOP are in striking distance of winning next time.

Nif

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Early black voter turnout was fantastic. Demographics looked completely different from the last election when I went to my polling station. Didn't hurt that in the first election there was a vote to divide Baton Rouge into two cities which galvanized richer rural white voters that time.

Big Baybee

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope black folks in Louisiana get the credit they deserve for this win. I've seen first hand how much work was put into this race.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

THANK YOU ED ORGERON AND YOUR CAJUN VOICE FOR BEATING NICK SABAN

CFB is like freaking religion in the south especially Lousiana

Source: me since I went to LSU, LA Tech, and Independence Bowl games

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Trump must be having a hell of a night. Got the clap and failed in LA.

This means Dem President can win LA, right?

sorry

mightynine

Oct 25, 2017
I'm of the opinion (and I've seen some commentary that agreed with me) that JBE may have thought it was a fait accompli he would win the primary, and as such his GOTV efforts were kinda lacking. He certainly did not take it for granted in the runoff and it saved him.

Still, it shocks me that Rispone - with ZERO for a platform, I mean no one could tell you his plans for if he won, not even his campaign - was able to make it this tight. It's a goddamn shame that people simply voted for the R.

But I'll bet there's some big-name La. GOPers who sat out this race who are wondering what would've happened if they ran. I don't think JBE wins re-election with a bigger name like Kennedy in the race.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
These Democrats are winning by pretty thin margins. I am sure the GOP will pull out the same talking points that Democrats do that the margins are so close this time that democrats should be worried that the GOP are in striking distance of winning next time.
Why on earth do you do this to yourself? And why this bizarre both sides?

MasterChumly

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when it was going to be terrible news for Dems when the republicans swept the races? Republicans better be shitting their pants now

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
That LSU victory explanation is actually super believable. Losing the big game has a huge short term emotion toll on people. Upset people vote against the incumbent.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when it was going to be terrible news for Dems when the republicans swept the races? Republicans better be shitting their pants now
Oh, everything's terrible news for Democrats.

Also:

Just about the only part of Louisiana that was on the right track for Rispone (R) was Houma/Thibodaux. Otherwise, Edwards (D) did great in suburbs & Abraham's district. #LAGOV

PantherLotus

Oct 27, 2017
Trump and the Trump admin lying about him having a heart attack or whatever it was and then calling it a "multi stage physical" is just the kinda spice this election needed. Dig, journos. There's something there.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
It always fascinates me how deep red states like Kentucky and Louisiana will gladly vote for a Democrat for governor, but not president.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
Oh, everything's terrible news for Democrats.

Also:

Case in point

A key to tonight's #LAGOV outcome: the small but critical bloc of Ralph Abraham (R) primary voters who either stayed home or voted for Gov. John Bel Edwards (D) in the runoff. It sure was evident in the parish-level results tonight.

Ralph voters either sat out or voted for JBE thus causing the underperformance

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Sports results directly affect things like this. Spousal abuse rates go up after home teams lose. I wish I were kidding.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
ultimately JBEs plan of being straight up anti-choice to give him enough political leeway to push through prison reforms that extended even beyond non violent crime offenses that may have killed him other wise seemed like a good strategy I guess

it didn't hurt him in the suburbs with women enough and he was able to be good enough on civil rights reforms to keep turnout for black voters high unlike Hood who ran too much like a Republican and flopped with black voters

in conclusion in this era it's likely better to be super shitty on one issue to prove that you are "bipartisan" so you can do more to appeal to voters that actually like you rather than trying to find the most middle ground position on every topic

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I have become extremely pessimistic regarding politics. Three years of disappointments is exhausting, but it's nice to have these wins.
With the rather obvious caveat that Trump winning the 2016 election was catastrophically bad

2017: won VA/NJ governorships, flipped AL Senate seat
2018: won 40 seats in the House and 7 governorships
2019: won LA/KY governorships

The only real shitstain result in the last three election years was losing the Senate and gubernatorial elections in Florida last year, but every major election since Trump's been elected has gone about as well as one could reasonably hope for the Democrats.

Status
Not open for further replies.