Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

hey no rush or anything

House Ways and Means Chairman says he'll make a decision by END of the week about what to do on Treasury snubbing his Trump tax return request

I wonder if they got wind of the NYT story and punted until they knew what was in it. (answer: not what they were looking for.)

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Today in primitive punditry:

It's awful enough that the black left is usually ignored by #Resistance-type neoliberals but to have someone that tries to brand himself as a Dignified and Respectable Analyst, it's downright disgraceful.

Oct 25, 2017
NY's AG and WA and CA's state governments have really driven home the purpose of federalism to me this past three years.

Shit, we should just ignore the feds entirely if the GOP wants to rig the government.

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky

It's awful enough that the black left is usually ignored by #Resistance-type neoliberals but to have someone that tries to brand himself as a Dignified and Respectable Analyst, it's downright disgraceful.

General rule to keep in mind with Nate Silver is to listen to him when he's talking about numbers and completely disregard his punditry, because it sucks.

Ortix

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

He's talking about statistics. He says "most", which acknowledges there are black voters who identify as more progressive. Analysing voting preferences of demographics is part of his job. I don't get your problem with that tweet.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

What on earth is disgraceful about noting the unique characteristics of the demographic relative to other parts of the Dem's coalition?

Obama ran to Clinton's right in 2008! We've literally seen someone do what he's describing.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What on earth is disgraceful about noting the unique characteristics of the demographic relative to other parts of the Dem's coalition?

Obama ran to Clinton's right in 2008! We've literally seen someone do what he's describing.
He literally campaigned on Hillary keeping the status quo of Washington politics and being to closely attached to lobbyists and Wall St.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

This week on "let's ask the wife of serial harassers how we should handle the harassment he espoused as she distorts the truth and determines it's her place to give a timeline on when the harassed should get over it"

Fuck offffffffffff

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
This week on "let's ask the wife of serial harassers how we should handle the harassment he espoused as she distorts the truth and determines it's her place to give a timeline on when the harassed should get over it"

Fuck offffffffffff

This is ACTUALLY disgusting coming barely two weeks after Anita Hill went public and said Joe Biden reached out to her, what he offered was not an apology, and she did not forgive him.

Pathetic. All of them.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
This is ACTUALLY disgusting coming barely two weeks after Anita Hill went public and said Joe Biden reached out to her, what he offered was not an apology, and she did not forgive him.

Pathetic. All of them.
I hope by some miracle Biden gets wrecked in the primaries and then they realize they're not popular anymore and there's a reason he keeps losing primaries.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

I mean, this is true. There's a reason why Biden has 40-50% support among African American's and it's not just because he was Obama's VP.

The American Left is overwhelmingly white. That's a simple statement of fact. Doesn't mean that they're wrong, but it's true.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
That's what I said in the OT thread about it.
I was looking for it but missed it.

Also I couldn't choose the right caption for this pic between "what a thread on era would look like with more lax moderation" and "reason #101 I'm not on twitter"

Screenshot_20190507-201759_Chrome.jpg

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
A) I don't think Black voters (right now) are favoring Biden or Harris for reasons that have to do with policy. Or at least not mostly policy.

But its also true that Black Democrats are, on average, more moderate than White Democrats for reasons that I think should be obvious - Conservative and Moderate Whites are mostly in the GOP

B) I'm not sure why Jill Biden thought it was a good idea to talk about Anita Hill. Putting aside that she's wrong, it had kind of fallen out of the public discourse. It would assuredly enter again but for right now it was gone and just from a politics point of view (to say nothing of moral) it seems dumb to bring it back.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I was looking for it but missed it.

Also I couldn't choose the right caption for this pic between "what a thread on era would look like with more lax moderation" and "reason #101 I'm not on twitter"

Screenshot_20190507-201759_Chrome.jpg

To be fair Biden would not be 4 more years of Trump

Trump is like nothing we have ever seen in the white house.

I dont like Biden much either but lets not get crazy here

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
How long do you think he'll last before he crashes and burns?

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
How long do you think he'll last before he crashes and burns?

Good lord Joe

The fuck? How about the more accurate fact that Public school funding has been hijacked and robbed by bad policy and tax evasion all across the country

Hurting poor areas the most regardless of race/minorities (but they always get hit first and the hardest)

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Biden is "well-meaning" white racism personified.

"It's just the poor, unfortunate Black people. They can't help it. They don't have anyone telling them what's what."

Oct 27, 2017
We are surely going to find out if the people really want a presidential election with the two major candidates having mindsets that are both stuck in 1987.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, this is true. There's a reason why Biden has 40-50% support among African American's and it's not just because he was Obama's VP.

The American Left is overwhelmingly white. That's a simple statement of fact. Doesn't mean that they're wrong, but it's true.
I'm pretty sure it really is that he was Obama's VP and that decade-long association is hard to break because many, many people don't vote ideologically.

And it's more white than the democratic party because it's an ideological slice that cuts through demographics pretty evenly leaving them proportional (and thus majority white.) It's why Bernie's voter numbers are now pretty much the same with all races (at around 17-18%) when in 2016 he was tying Hillary with white voters 50/50 while only getting 25% of black voters.

The Democratic Party is more heavily minority than the nation as a whole, and it's because of the racialized nature of class, politics, etc. here in the US. Black voters aren't magically more liberal than nonwhite voters, it's that those voters understand the impact of racism and what's at the heart of the GOP. You get moderate to conservative on econ and/or social issues more heavily in the black/Hispanic voters who probably be Is or members of the conservative party in a alternate colorblind universe, but since we're in this one, they go with the party that doesn't have a white supremacist leading it. On the flip side, this reduces the amount of "moderate" white voters that join up to the party.

And btw, everyone should follow Matt Grossman on twitter, he posts all sorts of cool data stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.