• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wesker83

Dec 3, 2018
"How dare you quote Fox News less than the Washington Post or the NY Times"- Some dumb GOP congresswoman

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
isnt it true that Barr is accurate about everything?

I wrote a letter.

I do appreciate that Fox News is in full "Mueller in disarray " narrative.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
*if a dem Administration is ok with indicting a formal President, they might not with the "for the good of the country" BS
Yeah I expect so. And yet for the good of the country would be showing that there is accountability for crimes at the highest level, but I fear that like all of his crime-ridden life he will get away with it while everyone around him gets put away. Great avatar pic btw, lol.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Trump is exonerated anyway by not impeaching him or moving forward with any of the information that comes out of this.

Like ok good job Ted for making that clear. Now what?

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I expect so. And yet for the good of the country would be showing that there is accountability for crimes at the highest level, but I fear that like all of his crime-ridden life he will get away with it while everyone around him gets put away. Great avatar pic btw, lol.
Neither Tish James nor Cuomo has any incentive to let Trump slide or pardon him for state charges. Indicting Trump and co. in NY state will be beyond popular.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
Meanwhile in across the building, another GOP retirement

Michigan Republican Paul Mitchell plans to exit Congress, voicing frustration that "rhetoric overwhelms policy"

Edit:

Rep. Paul Mitchell (R-#MI10) from House floor through his tears: "I decided I will not seek to continue to represent Michigan's 10th Congressional district next term. After serving out the remainder of the 116th Congress, I'll return to my family and to our small farm.'

Last edited:

shadow_shogun

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
@NBCNews
NEW: A congressional source involved in negotiations surrounding Mueller's appearance tells @NBCNews that Mueller's team specifically informed the cmtes. that he would decline to read from his report during the hearing - @AlexNBCNews / @mikememoli
11:13 - 24 Jul 2019

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Neither Tish James nor Cuomo has any incentive to let Trump slide or pardon him for state charges. Indicting Trump and co. in NY state will be beyond popular.
I hope so, but didn't NY just let him off with the campaign finance issue despite him being the co-conspirator in a crime that his lawyer is already in prison for?

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Again--notice Republicans say nothing about instruction and focus only on Russia. Not a good path to take.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Also, even though MI-10 is a safe seat, Paul Mitchell retiring is kind of a clue that they expect to remain in the minority.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Meanwhile in across the building, another GOP retirement
Actually these are a good bellweather for how politicians view the 2020 landscape. Hopefully we see more of these.

NEW: A congressional source involved in negotiations surrounding Mueller's appearance tells @NBCNews that Mueller's team specifically informed the cmtes. that he would decline to read from his report during the hearing - @AlexNBCNews / @mikememoli
He literally doesn't want to be the face of his own report. I understand the emotional aspects, but jesus that's a weird look.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017

It HAS to be.

The head of the investigation just gave you the best sound bite that you can get out of this mess. That the President would have been charged with a crime if not for the OLC memo.

That's it. That's really it.

And that's really the double edged sword that really puts the likes of Pelosi and Schiff in a bind. There's no more stalling. There's no more info you could gather, no further interview you could call. You're not going to get a clearer mandate than what you got today. So you HAVE to act, or spend every moment from now until election day defending why you didn't.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
That's a little disingenuous. We're approaching half the caucus supporting impeachment publicly, and if a majority of the Judiciary Committee supports it, that's a big step.
I'm not being disingenuous. This subject has been part of the focus of their committee and they likely are also the most informed on the subject either by requirement or motivation. It may be a precursor of how the rank and file may sway, but I don't see it as a contemporaneous representation of the caucus.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Also, good on Swalwell for dumping his time to Lieu partly because he gets a second shot later. Fucking unicorn move.

Oct 27, 2017
It HAS to be.

The head of the investigation just gave you the best sound bite that you can get out of this mess. That the President would have been charged with a crime if not for the OLC memo.

That's it. That's really it.

And that's really the double edged sword that really puts the likes of Pelosi and Schiff in a bind. There's no more stalling. There's no more info you could gather, no further interview you could call. You're not going to get a clearer mandate than what you got today. So you HAVE to act, or spend every moment from now until election day defending why you didn't.
Yeah, I'm very curious to see how schiff approaches the hearing this afternoon.

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
There's no more stalling.

giphy.gif

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017
Again, "The President refused to sit down for an in person interview is that correct?" "That is correct."

Barr lying again about the presidents "full cooperation".

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Even he knows McLaughlin is shit

Why? The collusion part is the bit everyone was most interested in. "There was no crime to obstruct!!!!" Is probably their best play.

If they're going to resort to an argument of people shouldnt be investigated with probable cause, good luck with that.

wesker83

Dec 3, 2018
Calling him un-american, insulting his team, saying he is obstructing justice himself, these republicans are really poking a sleeping bear here. The only thing in my view that is keeping Mueller from just outright saying Trump is guilty and should have been indicted is his sense of duty and loyalty to tradition. Why these dumbass GOP moron's are risking pissing him off for some shitty soundbite is remarkable. Like that last GOP guy, you can just see Mueller getting frustrated and pissed. Hopefully he just says fuck it at some point and just lays it all out. Just sucks he wont...

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017
Lol their fail at Mueller not applying for the job, but advising on what it would take to do the job.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'm very curious to see how schiff approaches the hearing this afternoon.
I'm optimistic. He's pretty sharp.

Calling him un-american, insulting his team, saying he is obstructing justice himself, these republicans are really poking a sleeping bear here. The only thing in my view that is keeping Mueller from just outright saying Trump is guilty and should have been indicted is his sense of duty and loyalty to tradition. Why these dumbass GOP moron's are risking pissing him off for some shitty soundbite is remarkable. Like that last GOP guy, you can just see Mueller getting frustrated and pissed. Hopefully he just says fuck it at some point and just lays it all out. Just sucks he wont...
The republicans are probably going ot be more effective advocates than dems themselves because the dems are too timid and the reps are so fucking brazen. Karma, i suppose.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London

Mueller said the OLC opinion was the reason he didn't indict. Close as you can get to him calling Trump guilty.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Big loss for Dems today, all Mueller did was imply trump is a liar, Barr misrepresented why mueller didn't look at charges for trump, and trump could be charged when he's out of office for obstruction. He looked frail! Big waste of time nothingburger!

Status
Not open for further replies.