• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017

i'm still catching up so bear with me, but literally what does any of this mean:
9SGTIId.png

is she just mad about polling as a concept? is that it?

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand why Trump and his goons are surrounded by dumb AF criminals.

You would think a self-described billionaire could afford better co-conspirators

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
I don't understand why Trump and his goons are surrounded by dumb AF criminals.

You would think a self-described billionaire could afford better co-conspirators
Yeah, but those better co-conspirators like to actually be paid, and Trump's well known for skipping out on that part of the transaction. Also, the reason good co-conspirators are good is because they don't sign on with loud-mouthed buffoons who actively look to tell everybody what they're doing all the time. You don't want to be engaged in a criminal conspiracy with someone who is just continually shouting "BOY, LOOK AT ALL THIS INCREDIBLE CRIME WE ARE DOING, TREMENDOUS, THE BEST CRIME."

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, but those are not examples of internet companies.
Internet companies don't have well defined regions, their market is an entire country.

Google has perhaps the most separated delineated function, and that is their Mobile devices division (covering Android and Google Home).
Breaking up the search engine, or for example the core functionality of Facebook, for example, simply is not a workable solution.

You just have to look at what is causing the conflicts. For both Facebook and Google, the core issues come from the fact that they contain massive advertising companies. For Apple the issue is their App Store.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Why do so many Americans hate their own country so much that they consistent rob it, betray it, lie and swindle

Fuck everyone who's involved in this disaster and embarrassment

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
I've got to say... Turkey's twitter bot propaganda network is MASSIVE, and also apparently quite effective given there have been random propaganda hashtags on the global trending list for the past few days.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017

Paul Manafort's defense attorneys are helping Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman today at their initial criminal appearance at EDVA. CNN's
@kpolantz
spotted Manafort's attorneys Kevin Downing and Tom Zehnle at the courthouse. (Zehnle said he was just here to help out for the time being.)
"Since we're intimately familiar with Ukraine and its shadiness"

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine
Why do so many Americans hate their own country so much that they consistent rob it, betray it, lie and swindle

Fuck everyone who's involved in this disaster and embarrassment
They hate brown people more than they care about themselves or their families.

I mean, it's never really one thing (in fact, it could be ALL the things) but to put a twist on a classic quote - these so-called Patriots are never really invested in their country, they're invested in what their country can do for them.

They "love" the U.S. because it gives them the ability to accumulate power and wealth, because they can wrap themselves in the presumed safety of gated communities and stockpiles of weapons from the dreaded "other."

They love America because it allows them to be the evil, wretched, zero-sum tribalists that they feel they have to be in order to "win" at life. As soon as any part of the U.S. gets in their way - whether it be laws, or morals, or their fellow citizens - they're easily and quickly discarded.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, but those better co-conspirators like to actually be paid, and Trump's well known for skipping out on that part of the transaction. Also, the reason good co-conspirators are good is because they don't sign on with loud-mouthed buffoons who actively look to tell everybody what they're doing all the time. You don't want to be engaged in a criminal conspiracy with someone who is just continually shouting "BOY, LOOK AT ALL THIS INCREDIBLE CRIME WE ARE DOING, TREMENDOUS, THE BEST CRIME."

These are the same assholes that brought known criminal, and FBI informant George Nader into their conspiracy. These fucking goobers were so hard up for friends they went to every slimy corner available.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
Does the tall one always have to be skinny and the short one always have to be fat? Are skinny/fat duos of similar heights acceptable? Or different height duos of similar thiccness?

Oct 25, 2017
Does USCIS take 10+ months to process any immigration request on purpose or is it because they're understaffed? The visa waiting times have always seemed so ridiculous to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.