• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Here's my thing. It's not new how Bernie's staff and voters feel about moderate Dems. The ones in swing states. The Manchin's, Sinema's, etc.

Is that in party hostility something we need in this election? Or are people willing to see Bernie concede on some of his major talking points to win the Senate?

Because those guys are not on board with even some of what Warren wants. Nevermind Bernie. And if he or his staff think they are gonna bully those seats into his stances... Lord help us.

The funny part is Sanders is surprisingly good with his cohorts across the political spectrum at legislating thruout his career. The fact the slavering attack dogs dont see that is confusing. Someone should ask those wierdos that to their faces.

In case you didn't know that he's absolutely livid over being impeached.

The fun point is now his pathological panic over his precious fantasy worldview shattering is now equal to the normal psychological panic over real dangers.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
the depressing thing about buttigieg is that even if he loses this primary, he's going to be next in line for the nomination if trump wins again

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
You know, on the one hand, the longer The Honorable Nina Turner stays out of Ohio the better.
On the other hand......girl, no.
Just.....god no.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Regular people don't have the animosity towards Nina Turner and Cornell West that posters here have.
"Regular people" might not be aware of Turner's attempt to keep and promote a xenophobic, anti-immigrant Trump supporter on her Our Revolution staff or West's delightful lauding of "brother Trump" as an "authentic human being."

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
What bothers me about Nina, especially now, is that Warren is working with actual, legit black organizers. Black women organizers. Like, I know their names and the good work they do.

Biden has black staffers in his campaign. A bunch of them annoy me, but I know they put in work too.

Sanders skates by having Nina Turner and Shaun "Talcum X" King speaking for him. Yes, there are better activists voting for and endorsing him, but they aren't given the platforms those two frauds get.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
so how are y'all thinking Warrens chances are now?
3 months ago I feel like we were all riding high on her

is there any way her campaign climbs back up, or is she done?

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Nah I'd argue that, overall, this country (i.e. what its people want) is left/slightly left of center (which...describes Biden LOL) but shit like the Electoral College and Senate have been and will continue to fuck shit up.
Yeah I feel like the whole "Democrats can't win because all their candidates are too centrist!" narrative gets a giant wrench thrown into it when you realize that Democrats have won the popular vote in 6 of the last 7 presidential elections. The only one they didn't (2004) featured a wartime incumbent with massive good will after 9/11, who presided over a decent economy, pulled out all the stops to puff himself up (threat level orange, anyone?) while also dressing down his veteran opponent, and still only won by less than three points.

Strong White Republican Daddy theory would hold that this is just an example of Gore, Kerry and H. Clinton fucking things up like usual, yet as far as I'm concerned the problem is very much systemic. We would have held the presidency for 24 of the last 28 years if we operated by popular vote. Not only that, but there have been two recent House elections where Democrats won more votes overall, yet Republicans won the majority (1996 and 2012), to say nothing of the bullshit in the Senate, or even state government (reminder: in the 2018 elections, Democrats won the popular vote in the State House elections in Iowa, Michigan, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, and of those only Iowa can be blamed on inefficient vote distribution rather than deliberate gerrymandering).

The irony is a lot of the time, the people ignoring all that and blaming the Democrats are also jaded Sanders supporters who blame the DNC for rigging a contest in which their guy lost by four million votes.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017

Steadman™ @AsteadWesley

Scoop: The 10,000-member New Hampshire affiliate of SEIU, which has stayed neutral to this point in the primary, will buck the national board and endorse Bernie Sanders ahead of its state primary. It will be announced tomorrow.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/12/us/politics/bernie-sanders-seiu.html …

1:21 PM - Jan 12, 2020

Wow. They are finally back on board.

Seems like everything is coalescing around Sanders.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow. They are finally back on board.

Seems like everything is coalescing around Sanders.

tenor.gif

Tiger Priest

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
New York, NY
so how are y'all thinking Warrens chances are now?
3 months ago I feel like we were all riding high on her

is there any way her campaign climbs back up, or is she done?

If she wins Iowa, she has a chance. A lot depends on Iowa.

Again, all four top candidates are within the margin of error in that Selzer poll, which makes it a four way statistical tie. Anything can happen.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
Bernie is 5 points ahead of Joe Biden in Iowa. Joe Biden is in 4th place right now according to the latest poll.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Biden making the case he never supported the Iraq war is super concerning, I'm going to become a moderate darling with all these concerns. What's his exact reasoning? He voted to give Bush authorization for ....things....but not war...

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
Biden making the case he never supported the Iraq war is super concerning, I'm going to become a moderate darling with all these concerns. What's his exact reasoning? He voted to give Bush authorization for ....things....but not war...
John Kerry's case is that it was an "and/or" situation. It gave Bush the flexibility to go to war.

But there are tons of videos of him at places like the Brookings Institute supporting the war whole-heartedly and leading the Democratic Party in supporting Bush in Iraq.

EDIT:

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, people dislike Joy Gray because she voted for Jill Stein as a journalist and Nina Turner for promoting Tulsi Gabbard?
I think people dislike Turner because she kept and promoted an anti-immigrant Trump support on her staff and loves promoting and defending radical homophobe & Asaad snuggler, Tulsi Gabbard. I think people dislike Gray because she promotes doxxing critics of her candidate and voted for Putin state dinner guest and known grifter/ spoiler, Jill Stein.

Did you have another theory that you wanted to share?

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
If Turner and Joy Gray were on Biden's staff. No one here would be shitting on them like they voted for the Iraq War.

Status
Not open for further replies.