Status
Not open for further replies.

DinosaurusRex

Oct 26, 2017
Ok, so since Biden didn't drool on himself tonight, and since Bernie is going to be destroyed on Tuesday...what's the next magical goalpost of where Bernie can totally turn this around for real guys!?

California! That's the big comeback... wait wrong year.
tumblr_inline_o49afrj9fU1qfb043_540.jpg

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
This is actually a pretty interesting debate. Biden sounds confident and is making decent points, and Sanders is also making great points and holding Biden's feet to the fire.

You can tell Biden has and is running a general election campaign and Bernie is still running a primary campaign. That's just an observation.

I think Bernie is running a "push Joe left" campaign. He knows what we know. He's running out the clock.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's interesting the contrast of Biden pledging to pick a woman VP (there are a lot of strong choices) and Bernie being forced to say that he might pick a woman maybe (he surrounds himself with the worst people, women included).

What a disaster if things had turned out differently in SC.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Oh my god Bernie. ANSWER THE CASTRO QUESTION.
Jesus Christ. It's not that hard.
That shit eating grin on Biden's face lol "I just won Florida."

Sanguine

Jun 10, 2018
So, I don't super follow politics so I only really know Warren and Harris as potential female VP choices (I know of others like Abrams and Duckworth, but don't really know anything about them). I would be fine with either Warren or Harris (with a preference to Warren given that I liked her enough to root for her to be president though I did favor Harris a bit early on).

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Imagine if we actually had debates like this through the primary instead of weird crowd sports events we had prior.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I cannot get over why Bernie keeps stepping on this Castro rake. Why do we need to praise Castro's literacy program? Who fucking cares about trying to parse this nuance? This is so stupid.

I think Bernie is running a "push Joe left" campaign. He knows what we know. He's running out the clock.
Sure, but does Bernie actually believe that a President Biden would advocate for Social Security cuts? Of course he wouldn't and he knows that. It's an obvious tactic at trying to win 65+ voters.

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure what the difference is between "they are authoritarian, but I admit we cooperate with them" and "they are authoritarian, but I admit people are less poor/illiterate."

gcubed

Oct 25, 2017
A fracking ban or halt only pisses off companies, not a ton of residents of PA. Lots of people aren't happy with it, and the state doesn't even get much money out of it because the shit stain Republicans in the house.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
So, I don't super follow politics so I only really know Warren and Harris as potential female VP choices (I know of others like Abrams and Duckworth, but don't really know anything about them). I would be fine with either Warren or Harris (with a preference to Warren given that I liked her enough to root for her to be president though I did favor Harris a bit early on).
Warren will never be Vice President. It would be actively detrimental to winning in November.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
I love Bernie's absolute consistency and honesty. But when that gets in the way of course correcting I see it as a liability.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Not keeping the senate is the deal breaker on Warren and I'm a big supporter. I think she could be a great outside asset for the Biden admin.
Also, nobody gives a shit about the VP on policy. Warren would be useless.

Kamala makes the perfect wingman. She can deliver the president's agenda to voters with force, charm, or gravitas as required.

It's not the safest pick, but I think she'll do a great job with it.

Bernie really is in denial about the election reality.
Bernie should have just stopped after "Not me".

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Biden needs an answer in regards to Latino support. Better outreach, better everything.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
NYT story makes it obvious that he didn't win a number of primary state demographics specifically because he didn't even try or could fund it. The flex that Biden won states he didn't even step in always sits uncomfortably with me in the face of what will be some assault from the GOP coffers. Biden's going to have to make up that ground and outreach where he didn't bother before.

The dismissive answers always make it seem like the party is willing to take things for granted.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
Moderator: Why do you think latino people are not embracing your campaign?"

Joe: "I won black people in South Carolina! I won them by 70 percent in Virginia!"

less

Oct 25, 2017
I completely forgot about Pence. Poor guy has to explain about the prolonged interaction he will have with a woman to his mother now that Biden has committed to a woman VP.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
The Castro stuff is the final nail in Bernie's presidential candidate coffin. Bernie will never change who he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.