Status
Not open for further replies.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
Why are there all these questions about my race on the census?
They feel like they're targeting Latinos - I wanna skip them, but the only way it'll let me keep going is if I fill them out - think I'll just fill them out with gibberish.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Also, I'm pretty sure the NBC/WSJ poll yesterday - a much better pollster than MC - had Trump underwater on the coronavirus question.

I checked: 45-51 disapprove.

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All Social Security Field offices closed. Not mentioned in this released but regional offices and Headquarters in Baltimore are hunkering down too.

Press Release | Press Office | SSA

2020 Press Releases
Missed this earlier.

I've just been starting the process of trying to apply for disability, like very early into it, and they had wanted me to schedule an appointment as apparently there was some mix-up with paperwork that needs to be resolved in person/with an actual meeting, and I was already hesitant to actually do so because of everything surrounding coronavirus, and how I'm the only person in my household who even has the possibility of being a completely homebody right now, in order to make sure that I myself am not a vector for my father getting it in any way and heavily leaning towards putting off the process and just trying again later anyway, but that makes my decision very easy in that case. Definitely very, very understandable given the circumstances.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina

"Who would follow this for anything less than Leroy?"

Oh, THIS Putin's Chef?

www.cnn.com

How Russian meddling is back before 2020 vote

Russian trolls have outsourced their disinformation campaigns to Ghana and Nigeria, focusing on racial issues in the US ahead of the presidential election.

www.rferl.org

New Scrutiny For 'Putin's Chef' And Russian Mercenaries In Africa

It’s one of Russia’s more notorious, and shadowy, private military companies, believed to be owned by a Kremlin-allied tycoon, and widely believed to have a major presence in the Central African Republic. A Russian state TV segment may have inadvertently added more evidence of its presence there.

Barr needs to die in prison.

So is the reason they dragged their feet on testing because they wanted to guarantee Kushner's brother's company a hand in everything? I've seen that story around the last couple days but haven't been able to find many details.

That's how racketeering works, yup.

www.dallasnews.com

A timeline of Rick Perry’s involvement in the Ukraine scandal

WASHINGTON — As the House impeachment inquiry goes public, Energy Secretary Rick Perry has found himself squarely in the midst of the Ukraine scandal...

Last edited:

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
If EVER there was a poll that simply cannot be believed it's one that says more people approve of the way Trump has handled this virus so far than those that don't. Sorry, just can't fathom that being the case. Impossible. I sort of joked a couple days ago that a poll like this would happen and sure enough...

This motherfucker has actively made the situation significantly worse.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
-11 job approval is a really gnarly number. Trump won't have a lot of agency to make it much better tbh.

The Ohio situation is super messed up. Like, what can you do there? what a wreck.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
The recession will be the final test, the absolute final one, to see if there's any sanity left or if we are all Increasingly Nervous Man.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
North Carolina and Arizona keep looking promising. Montana is a surprise too.
Montana was very close in 2008, McCain only won it by about three points.

Also of the 5 Romney/Senate Democrat states from 2012 (MO, IN, ND, WV, MT) it's the only state where the Democrats actually gained ground between then and 2018. Democrats lost the first three and Manchin only held on by three points (still an overperformance, but not nearly as well as he used to win by), but 2018 was the first time Tester even won a majority.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Morning consult is such an appropriate name. Why ask anyone anything in the morning? Haven't had coffee yet. Still drowsy. Terrible. Unlike daily caller. Implying you check in everyday.

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Montana with Bullock on the ballet is such a huge get (thanks to Biden for pulling away to give Steve the cover he needed to run). On a good night, I think Montana and Georgia are huge pickup opportunities.

That's like 3 Senate seats, yes?

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
I'd love to see a poll of MT-SEN.

edit: there was one in Feb, before Bullock declared, that had Daines 47, Bullock 38.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
DeWine is doing this shit on purpose now he is again sending mix messages to people what the fuck
twitter.com

Governor Mike DeWine on Twitter

“They mustn’t be forced to choose between their health and exercising their constitutional rights. 5/5 #COVID19 #COVID19OhioReady”

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
Montana was very close in 2008, McCain only won it by about three points.

Also of the 5 Romney/Senate Democrat states from 2012 (MO, IN, ND, WV, MT) it's the only state where the Democrats actually gained ground between then and 2018. Democrats lost the first three and Manchin only held on by three points (still an overperformance, but not nearly as well as he used to win by), but 2018 was the first time Tester even won a majority.

Nice. Yeah, I remember Montana being very close in 2008 and I enjoyed giving it a not-impossible blue tint in my 270towin.com scenarios.

Seems that out of all those rural states, Montana has managed to avoid going down the path of others that have only gotten redder. Well, Idaho and Utah also don't seem to be going any redder than they are, but Montana seems to be different. Ditto Alaska.

MetalGearZed

Oct 30, 2017
For a while, my nickname for Morning Consult has been "Morning Cold-water". and i see its still living up to that name.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
People This Ohio shit is bullshit right now now sure what this asshole is doing. Judge already rule against this already. People still going show up since he is doing this bullshit late at night what the fuck.

Last edited:

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Shit, now all Bernie's momentum following his savage humiliation of Biden in front of billions of people on live TV will be for nothing!

(Like 8 hours before polls open and there'd been a ruling just hours prior that it had to go on? lol)

Good news, OH! No matter what you do next, there's no way in hell your delegates are going to count this year.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Shit, now all Bernie's momentum following his savage humiliation of Biden in front of billions of people on live TV will be for nothing!

(Like 8 hours before polls open and there'd been a ruling just hours prior that it had to go on? lol)

Good news, OH! No matter what you do next, there's no way in hell your delegates are going to count this year.
He pulled this bullshit he thinks he above the law

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Once again it pays to not be in a red state and sucks for those who are.

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Like yeah, at this point, whatever happens in Ohio, as sad as the whole thing is, I hope the DNC just ends up voiding their delegates at this point, because that's insane.

Like, if Michigan and... Florida was it? trying to move their primaries ahead in an illegal fashion in 2008 got their delegates voided, like, the same thing certainly should apply to Ohio at this point with how this whole mess has been handled, right?

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
The only logical thing to do is to retroactively cancel all primaries after Nevada and nullify those delegates. Duh. That's just common sense.
This is a test for November. He can not unilaterally do this and hiding behind a health emergency is bullshit.

I find that they waited until today to do this incredibly suspect.
Yeah, I don't mind the idea of just blanking everything (though this is a tad late for that), but being able to magically do so like 2 hours before election day? Screw that.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017

DeWine isn't canceling directly but instead appealing to the Health Director, whose order likely does NOT violate the court's decision.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
In theory, if a state doesn't hold a vote on federal election day, it would just surrender any electoral votes, wouldn't it? Though I'm sure you could cook the books to make sure only absentee ballots collected by X date would end up counting or something, or pull other legal bullshit.
I wonder if that can be challenged. Or would be.
It's got more of a chance to get challenged now than if they'd first pulled this stunt in November, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.