Status
Not open for further replies.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Mitch is scared shitless of November.
Yes, as evidenced by yesterday's story about pressuring GOP-appointed judges to retire.

Also, I have a radical idea: Maine has a lot of old while people, who always answer the phone. Those old white people are now quarantined.

Maybe someone worth a damn should finally poll Maine.
Mitch is trying to still be running the Senate in 2021.

He actually has a shot at that, so he needs to start swallowing some bitter medicine if he wants to make the most of that shot.
Correct. Even if Trump loses, Republicans will probably have AT LEAST a decent chance of holding the Senate. He has to think about his members, especially one in particular.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Not that I would ever empathize with McConnell but it must be something to provide so cover for these fuckers for years on everything from healthcare to taxes to judges, and when telling them to get over themselves one time and vote for something that would help people even if they don't personally like it, the conference balks. lol.

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
Real talk.

Do we really gain much by having Bernie drop out tomorrow? I suspect the next month or so is going to be lost to coronavirus headlines, and who the dem nominee is, probably won't register much. I suspect tonight's news will be a somewhat decent litmus test for that. We certainly aren't likely to see a campaign flying all over and doing much of anything any time soon.

Well, it would stop Bernie's official twitter account from shitting on Biden every 30 minutes.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather Senate Rs blow it up and they eat the shitsandwich. I will give every American $37.50 instead.

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Lmao. Old people will vote even if there is an alien invasion.
v3MvL2.gif

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Mind you, Cuomo repeatedly praised Trump during his press conference

It doesn't work -- stick to the truth

He is only going to look at the bullet-point printouts his shitlords put on his desk anyway
Well, as long as we know there's no chance of a funhouse mirror version of the short-lived Obama-Christie bromance from 2012.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
While your circumstances are understandable and we would all sympathize, you weren't filing taxes for what sounds like years now. The second the IRS catches wind of that, and they will, they are going to come down 10x harder on you.
Oh for sure I've fucked up, and I need to figure it out. I keep hoping for scenarios where I've got anything at all in savings to where I can make some kind of payment when I file. I'm not saying that I've done the right thing, or the smart thing. Neither of those are true.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Oh for sure I've fucked up, and I need to figure it out. I keep hoping for scenarios where I've got anything at all in savings to where I can make some kind of payment when I file. I'm not saying that I've done the right thing, or the smart thing. Neither of those are true.
Try a tax attorney? Nobody here can help you.

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
I just heard that NJ Malls might be closing so I'm probably out of the job for the next few weeks. I didn't file taxes last year either since I was unemployed for most of the year and didn't earn enough to be required to file so I doubt I'll qualify for any of the proposed stimulus checks.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said anything, and wasn't trying to derail the thread. Fuck me.
It's not a derail. It's just you've got some serious liability issues that you're talking about here, and there's not really anything we can do with it.

You need legal representation. They will come for you sooner or later, so the quicker you get out in front of this the better. A decent tax attorney will know what you're looking at and what you should do about it; none of us can give you that.

Status
Not open for further replies.