Status
Not open for further replies.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Signing statements have been a contentious, unanswered question for years. Everything in the bill has technically become law, but presidents often use signing statements to offer their interpretation of a law, potentially distorting its intent and shaping its application to fit their desires. In other words, they get to say what they think it means. SCOTUS has never offered definitive guidance.

Guess he doesn't like Maggie now

Play stupid games...

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
So much for Massie's inviolate right of Congress, or whatever he was going on about.

Is there even going to be pushback?
Of course not.

"Democrats are trying to impeach the president DURING A CRISIS" is what Dems will get for months as they try to investigate any of this and Republicans drag it through the courts. And Dems want to part of that especially when it won't get resolved by the election.

So Trump gets to basically run their faces in it and announce his intention of criminality so that Dems KNOW they're impotent against him. There's no reason to announce this otherwise.

Congress is no longer coequal.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Of course not.

"Democrats are trying to impeach the president DURING A CRISIS" is what Dems will get for months as they try to investigate any of this and Republicans drag it through the courts. And Dems want to part of that especially when it won't get resolved by the election.

So Trump gets to basically run their faces in it and announce his intention of criminality so that Dems KNOW they're impotent against him. There's no reason to announce this otherwise.

Congress is no longer coequal.
The Bush administration also abused signing statements.

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just went to the OT. Now I remember why I don't check it as much. Pretty disgusted with what I saw. "Chip n' Dale rescue rangers is called Chip n' Chap Rescue Rangers in germany (!!)." Germany back on my shit list.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

During marathon day of meetings earlier this week, President Trump continued outreach across the country regarding coronavirus & phoned former Yankees baseball player Alex Rodriguez. Multiple sources tell ABC, the president spoke to ARod from the Oval Office via me & @KFaulders
A source close to Rodriguez told @ABC the call with Trump was "pleasant" adding that Trump was seeking thoughts from ARod about the coronavirus response. Sources say there was no discussion of AROD or his fiancé Jennifer Lopez taking on any official effort.

Yeah let's turn to...checks notes...Alex Rodriguez for advice!

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
He just does not stop

giphy.gif

ZAKU-RED

Oct 27, 2017
Trump is just digging his grave right now in attacking Whitmer.

Amazes me how utterly stupid this dude really is.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Using his amazing logic the party should now proceed to go through 5 different other nominees before they close with one before November.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing infuriates Trump like a strong woman who outshines him. Proud of my governor for getting under Trump's skin so much and doing so with the class he could never achieve.

Whitmer is just going to become more and more popular here.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
He just does not stop

Missed what his candy ass had to say now before he deleted it.

EDIT: Never mind, found a local news article about what that bloated orange bitch said.

www.clickondetroit.com

‘She doesn’t have a clue’: President Trump takes aim at Michigan Gov. Whitmer’s handling of coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic

President Donald Trump posted a tweet Friday night taking aim at Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s handling of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.

Last edited:

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
I assumed it was a Trump joke originally because of "wobbly through 4." Also, come on, he knows that's not how it works.

He's clearly not had a single meeting on his re-election, because "do not fuck with Michigan" would have been a top 5 bullet point.
MI's actually not a must-win for him; in fact, every prognosticator had it at Lean D before this episode (very slim win in 2016, very big snapback in 2018). However, he won so narrowly that he can only afford to lose MI and PA and have a chance at reelection. One more state - AZ, WI, NC, FL - and he's toast. By ceding MI, he's already 1/3 on his way to defeat.

Now, if he starts feuding with Evers or Cooper...

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of MI:

A Republican pollster has Peters leading John James by 9%.

We have pretty much no vulnerable Senate seats besides AL. Peters and Shaheen, the only other plausible GOP targets, look to be on solid footing.

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
You don't remember George W publicly saying Rudy needed to be more appreciative before he would assist with 9/11?

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of MI:

A Republican pollster has Peters leading John James by 9%.

We have pretty much no vulnerable Senate seats besides AL. Peters and Shaheen, the only other plausible GOP targets, look to be on solid footing.

John James sucks ass too (another conservative person of color deluded in believing that there's any such thing as being "one of the good ones"), and I'm amazed he's actually running again a mere two years after his last failure.

Yoma

Oct 25, 2017
Now more than ever, I think Biden should pick Cortez Masto as VP. Get that Latino vote in Arizona.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently that Biden town hall went well?

Matt Viser

@mviser

Biden gets emotional talking of those dying alone & family grief. "The human connection is so, so profoundly important. When you don't have it you gotta get help" He almost gives out his phone number on national TV. Stops. "You can contact my campaign. I'm happy to talk to you."

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017

I'm old enough to remember when republicans were angry Chris Christie hugged Obama for his hurricane response in an election year

Status
Not open for further replies.