Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 171

Oct 25, 2017
Underrated wordplay there with a "horse's ass" being "full of shit".

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
What does this map mean for the November election? With the assumption that coronavirus fades in summer and returns in winter, and with Republicans probably trying to reduce polling stations in blue areas as usual. We already know Republican voters are far more likely to think the virus is a nothingburger therefore they'll be showing up to vote.

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What does this map mean for the November election? With the assumption that coronavirus fades in summer and returns in winter, and with Republicans probably trying to reduce polling stations in blue areas as usual. We already know Republican voters are far more likely to think the virus is a nothingburger therefore they'll be showing up to vote.

What's the difference between Universal VBM and no excuse required? I'm guessing the states with the former automatically send ballots to registered voters?

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017

Outside the NE I don't think a single state that matters doesn't have no-excuse voting.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
Maybe Biden just really believes a well regulated militia should have the right to bear arms as a way to lower defense spending.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
Nobody liked this Voltron
I liked the red spaceship part. I think Voltron 3 was the Ted Cruz of the group.
P5108631.jpg

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
What's the difference between Universal VBM and no excuse required? I'm guessing the states with the former automatically send ballots to registered voters?

Yes-here in WA every registered voter gets their ballot and a voter information guide mailed to them. You fill it out and send it back in postage-free.

There's very limited in person balloting places, but they are there as a backstop in case of lost mail/dog ate my ballot/etc.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

>

RemainCalmAllIsWellHat@Popehat

I enjoy the part where Judge Rao tells Judge Griffith what Judge Griffith meant in McGahn.

12:39 PM - Mar 10, 2020

southpaw@nycsouthpaw

The House wins DC Circuit appeal over access to Mueller grand jury materials, with Griffith (who ruled against the House in the McGahn subpoena case) concurring. Rao dissents.​
https://www.cadc.uscourts.gov/internet/opinions.nsf/E5DEA16F3BB4D8BD8525852700599D47/$file/19-5288-1832741.pdf …

Griffith's concurrence is fascinating. It's entirely a rebuttal to Rao, who is trying to wield the McGahn decision that Griffith just wrote as precedent in this grand jury case. Griffith isn't having it.​

12:40 PM - Mar 10, 2020

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
This is old but I found it so moving and powerful I had to share. Omar asks for compassion for the person who threatened to assassinate her. Make sure to read the entire letter.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Guns are one of the few areas my husband and I disagree. He hunts and he laid down the law saying he would have a gun to protect the house. So we got rid of all the guns after I said so. 😛

that Biden clip already made the rounds at his work where it played very well. So please proceed.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
Before people get too upset over the reduced youth turnout, do consider the other side of the coin-the youth turnout share is a smaller part of the overall pie out of the 2018 realignment. Our newer Dem voters are older professionals living in the burbs and exurbs.

The absolute numbers might be up year over year! It's just not enough to make up for the fact that the GOP is no longer a party that tolerates their moderates and they had to go somewhere else for influence.

Deleted member 171

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, they're colorful for sure, but Cher's tweet made sense to me, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.