Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Lol Trump folding on DACA would be his Mitt Romney Tan moment

There's no way he'll go through with it. His base will revolt

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Well of course not, only special people. Wealthy and perhaps light skinned.

Conservative twitter is lighting up about a Stone pardon. Saying Trump is speaking to Stone now. It's happening.
Unfortunately, he'll be pardoning plenty of people just as bad or worse than Stone before he leaves office.

kalindana

Oct 28, 2018

Senior administration official confirms to Politico that President Trump has commuted Roger Stone's sentence
www.politico.com

Trump commutes prison sentence of longtime adviser Roger Stone

Stone was sentenced to three years and four months in prison after being found guilty on seven felony charges brought by Special Counsel Robert Mueller amid the Russian collusion investigation.

Last edited:

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
sorry for somewhat of an out of context, drive by request, but my republican friend keeps making fun of hybrid and electric vehicles because "EVs are great bc 100% powered by fossil fuels but makes the soft libs feel good."

any charts or graphs showing, even thoug they are powered by fossil fuels, how good for the environment an electric car is based on the fact that it doesn't spit out harmful emissions?

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Nah. They're with Trump through and through. If Trump presents it as being "the American thing to do," they will too.
No they wont

he tried this with the shut down to avoid having to try and negotiate a wall and it didn't work. He's not going to be able to do this.

He got insane backlash for simply implying that cops are sometimes wrong with his "only sometimes chokeholds" executive order even though it did nothing.

If Servile puppy dog Ted is already coming for him with DACA you have no idea how much shit he's about to get if he actually goes through with it

May 26, 2018
No they wont

he tried this with the shut down to avoid having to try and negotiate a wall and it didn't work. He's not going to be able to do this.

He got insane backlash for simply implying that cops are sometimes wrong with his "only sometimes chokeholds" executive order even though it did nothing.

If Servile puppy dog Ted is already coming for him with DACA you have no idea how much shit he's about to get if he actually goes through with it

Hm. You could be right. Well, guess we'll see. Maybe the idea is to siphon voters from Biden, hoping Trump voters will still vote Trump anyway.

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
sorry for somewhat of an out of context, drive by request, but my republican friend keeps making fun of hybrid and electric vehicles because "EVs are great bc 100% powered by fossil fuels but makes the soft libs feel good."

any charts or graphs showing, even thoug they are powered by fossil fuels, how good for the environment an electric car is based on the fact that it doesn't spit out harmful emissions?

So 42% of US electricity generation comes from wind, solar, hydroelectric, and nuclear (which are low emission sources).

vs 58% comes from coal and natural gas.

That's changing rapidly. 76% of new capacity is wind and solar.

Developing renewable energy reduces the greenhouse gas emissions of an electric car, and buying an electric car increases the grid's capacity for renewable energy since a charging station can use the car's battery to store and retrieve surplus energy while it's not in use.

lush

Oct 26, 2017
Knoxville, TN
More red meat for the cult, yippee! This is what burning it all down on the way out looks like. Let's be real though, that's been the Trump Presidency since day one.

Fuck all Republicans. This is what Graham is tweeting about with 21% unemployment and the federal benefit/eviction moratorium ending.

May 26, 2018
Developing renewable energy reduces the greenhouse gas emissions of an electric car, and buying an electric car increases the grid's capacity for renewable energy since a charging station can use the car's battery to store and retrieve surplus energy while it's not in use.

Holy shit. I just realized the whole point of functional environmentalism is just... emulating the Earth.

That's it. You're just emulating the fucking Earth. You're doing what the Earth does.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017

My EV gets almost all of its energy from cheap hydropower. Every local area and utility gets its energy from somewhere, and most have large clean energy mandates that their own customers are happy to pay extra for ( that is, pay more for a kWh in return for having some % of energy sold from clean sources).

For your conservative friend-the important part about 'get everything on the grid' (an essential battle to fight climate change) is that once everything is on the grid you can just get your power from different sources. Conservative solutions like carbon capture and sequestering happen at the industrial level, so when your natural gas plant is almost emissions free due to CC&S tech it only makes things clean downstream if your car also gets energy from the grid.

So yeah, EVs feed into the conservative argument to control climate change just as much as the liberal one. But if you really want to get your point across, have them sit in the other seat from a Model 3 or S performance model and get that 'hey look , the best muscle car in America is an EV'. Electric cars are super fun to drive.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
After this Roger Stone thing can someone inject me with some Hopium.

I've been doing my best and talking to. Republican highschool Facebook friends and I've gotten 2 (out of like 13) to commit to a Biden vote. It's not much but I went to highschool in Alabama.

Also what the fuck a man's gotta do for a discord invite?

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
So 42% of US electricity generation comes from wind, solar, hydroelectric, and nuclear (which are low emission sources).

vs 58% comes from coal and natural gas.

That's changing rapidly. 76% of new capacity is wind and solar.

42% of US energy is from renewable? I had no idea it was that high. Source?

AkimboChainz

Oct 28, 2017
Everytime Trump actually tries to appeal to new voters, he does an incredible job of completely fucking it up with more red meat for the base. (Obviously nobody should believe him on daca)

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Ecmc-eFWoAALvDd

All peaceful in MAGALand...

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
White House already walking back the Trump DACA citizenship word salad by essentially highlighting how clueless he is on his own policies.

This might be what he was briefed on, misunderstood, and let slip out prematurely.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
The only upside at all I can see to Stone is that it could signal that Trump's all but given up getting re-elected, and is now entering desperation "strip all the fixtures on the way out" mode. Which ain't much (and could actually lead to things being even more miserable in the short term), but I'm at an unhealthy level of anger right now, so I'll take any solace I can get.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

David Gura @davidgura

Joseph Arpaio, Scooter Libby, Dinesh D'Souza, Michael Milken, Bernard Kerik, Rod Blagojevich, and now, Roger Stone.

8:23 PM · Jul 10, 2020

Bill Pascrell, Jr. @BillPascrell

Unrepentant racist
Leaked natl security secrets
Campaign finance cheat
Junk bond kingpin
Used 911 relief station as a love nest
Tried to sell a senate seat
Threatened witnesses

This is who trump protects.

This is also a roster of who the republican party serves. It isn't you.

8:50 PM · Jul 10, 2020

Jon Lovett @jonlovett

This is what he's doing when he still has to face voters.

8:47 PM · Jul 10, 2020

GardenPepper

Oct 28, 2017
I know everyone is mad (I am, too) but when the dust settles people will start to realize this was a horrible political move. Disastrous. It does nothing but appeal to his base. Pushes everyone else away.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
The only upside at all I can see to Stone is that it could signal that Trump's all but given up getting re-elected, and is now entering desperation "strip all the fixtures on the way out" mode. Which ain't much (and could actually lead to things being even more miserable in the short term), but I'm at an unhealthy level of anger right now, so I'll take any solace I can get.
I think it's the opposite. I think he's going to try to get Stone to help him win, even if it means more illegal stuff.

Oct 25, 2017

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
I can't see commuting Stone's sentence as really moving the needle for anybody. At this point, Trump has decided to stick with his base & hope that moderate Republicans/independents will still come out for him. The only things I could see moving the needle is a certain remaining percentage of Trump's remaining support getting fucked by his decisions.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
I can't see commuting Stone's sentence as really moving the needle for anybody. At this point, Trump has decided to stick with his base & hope that moderate Republicans/independents will still come out for him. The only things I could see moving the needle is a certain remaining percentage of Trump's remaining support getting fucked by his decisions.
Right. I can't imagine somebody who would have considered voting for Trump really caring about pardoning Stone. If you're that tuned into the news and think that Stone should be in prison, then you don't want Trump re-elected.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
It certainly doesn't help, Stone is like a real life Law & Order villain, he goes out of his way to make himself look as sleazy as possible. There's a reason he's doing this on a friday night news dump and not in the middle of the week defending it.

But as a previous tweet mentioned, if he's pardoning these people before the election, imagine who he's going to pardon after the election.

Status
Not open for further replies.