Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
And why Trump is going to claim he won based on results on election night and that all the votes counted throughout the next few days are fraudulent. I really hope states don't announce anything until all the votes are counted.
Unless he loses Florida on election night, then it's over immediately.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
I hope we dont see a repeat of 2000. Well not exactly a recount but trump getting the supreme court to stop counting mail in votes in Florida which is much worse. That would be absolutely fucked up but I can see the cons siding with trump on that.

Holmes

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So that's 51% of Democrat votes that will likely get mysteriously lost or delayed long enough not to be counted
They'll be counted, no conspiracy theories needed. But some will be counted weeks after election night and when they do, Trump will scream and cry rigging. That much is for certain.

Memento Mori

Oct 26, 2017
Breaking now: Twitter has restricted Don Jr's account for retweeting misinformation about coronavirus. Obviously his dad retweeted the same thing but isn't getting punished.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
Looks like
Is it so much to ask for a democrat to take the same hardline "Fuck you and die, no compromise on anything under any circumstances" approach toward republicans that republicans take toward them? Stop taking the high road, building coalitions, and compromising, just pursue the most extreme possible version of your agenda at all times. It works for them.

I do know the context, he was reassuring rich donors that he wouldn't raise their taxes much. I am also not a fan of that.

I mean, it is too much to ask.

Because one party is built to govern, the other is built to sabotage. Republicans and their voters do not want a working government, just one that works for them.

Democrats want a working government, because that's normally how big tent parties work.

Deleted member 171

Oct 25, 2017
Don Jr isn't a government official/leader. They have much more leeway to mess with his account privileges.

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why in the world would any same person wait until election day to mail back their ballot?

By law votes stamped by election day will be counted but states don't wait until election day to start.
I don't know, I plan to mail mine as soon as I fill it out. Which will be less than a minute after I open it. The thought of those people that wait until the last possible moment, sort of concerns me. Maybe that's a small percentage? Idk but every vote should count, regardless. I guarantee Trump will claim every vote counted after election day is fraudulent.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
I don't know, I plan to mail mine as soon as I fill it out. Which will be less than a minute after I open it. The thought of those people that wait until the last possible moment, sort of concerns me. Maybe that's a small percentage? Idk but every vote should count, regardless. I guarantee Trump will claim every vote counted after election day is fraudulent.
I plan on voting in person this year but I would hope that anyone who wants their votes counted by mail won't wait. This isn't a new issue either, typically votes mailed at the last minute during elections tend to counted late and not matter on election night.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Why in the world would any same person wait until election day to mail back their ballot?

By law votes stamped by election day will be counted but states don't wait until election day to start.
That's what I thought too but there's that tweet going around that talks about tens of thousands of votes not counted in 2016 because they were received after election day. Is this just fearmongering?

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I plan on voting in person this year but I would hope that anyone who wants their votes counted by mail won't wait. This isn't a new issue either, typically votes mailed at the last minute during elections tend to counted late and not matter on election night.
I'm in Utah, so voting isn't a problem here because we're a safe red state. Been voting by mail since 2012 and have never waited more than a day or two after receiving a ballot. However, there will be a lot more vote by mail this year and in states that have never done it before (at least on this level). Seeing that 51% of Democrats plan to vote by mail this year is anxiety inducing. I just need to shut my brain off and hope for the best.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
That's what I thought too but there's that tweet going around that talks about tens of thousands of votes not counted in 2016 because they were received after election day. Is this just fearmongering?
I don't think it's fear mongering, probably voters dropping ballots in mailboxes right before the election so they didn't get stamped in time. It should be a concern and hopefully there's a big initiative in close states to encourage folks to mail in early.

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
What's up with Minnesota tightening for Trump? If anything, I would have thought his numbers would sink there since the murder of George Floyd with how horrible he handled it.

I mentioned this a few months back and I think it's going to be a potential surprise Flip to Trump. The state, like Iowa, has a growing rural voter block. The suburbs are also incredibly shocked at the Floyd fallout and the proposal to abolish the police system. Minneapolis as a whole continues to become this weird alternative hippy liberal oasis that values Bernie or bust mentality. I also think because it's an assumed democrat state Biden overlooks it, just as Hillary did. I think the combination of all of this will see less turnout for Democrats which could flip to Trump. It's a long shot but I'm betting on it.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
I mentioned this a few months back and I think it's going to be a potential surprise Flip to Trump. The state, like Iowa, has a growing rural voter block. The suburbs are also incredibly shocked at the Floyd fallout and the proposal to abolish the police system. Minneapolis as a whole continues to become this weird alternative hippy liberal oasis that values Bernie or bust mentality. I also think because it's an assumed democrat state Biden overlooks it, just as Hillary did. I think the combination of all of this will see less turnout for Democrats which could flip to Trump. It's a long shot but I'm betting on it.
I'm with you on everything but the bolded. There's no way that they take the state for granted again. It may ultimately be lost but not because it gets ignored.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
This isn't the morning dose of hopium that I was expecting.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
This sounds awful :(.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I think this is the only thing that still has me worried about this election

Thankfully my town has a town hall and a drop box

Just going to skip the whole mailing step altogether

That said I realize that this whole fucking voting thing is fragmented and fucked up as hell from community to community. We need one universal federal standard that is funded and enforced in this country

Oct 25, 2017
Thankfully my town has a town hall and a drop box

Just going to skip the whole mailing step altogether

That said I realize that this whole fucking voting thing is fragmented and fucked up as hell from community to community. We need one universal federal standard that is funded and enforced in this country

I was gonna ask if that wasn't common for other places since my polling place also has a drop in mail box for mail in ballots.

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
Minnesota has been solidly Biden +9-11 since mid-June and only tightened slightly in the past couple of days because of two polls, one from Morning Consult showing Biden +3 (B/C on 538) and Trafalgar Group showing Biden +5 (C- on 538). Fox (A- on 538) had Biden +13 just five days ago. We need a lot more data before concluding that Minnesota would go red this cycle.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Nadler by all accounts is okay from this morning, but expecting this hearing to be just a train wreck of bad faith.

Oct 25, 2017
Minnesota has been solidly Biden +9-11 since mid-June and only tightened slightly in the past couple of days because of two polls, one from Morning Consult showing Biden +3 (B/C on 538) and Trafalgar Group showing Biden +5 (C- on 538). Fox (A- on 538) had Biden +13 just five days ago. We need a lot more data before concluding that Minnesota would go red this cycle.

And it would be considering quite the swing since the Democrats won by at least 10 points in the major statewide races (Governor and senate seats) in 2018.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I will urge everyone I know who lives in a swing state to vote in person. Republicans have shown zero remorse for tossing thousands of ballots just this year behind issues that were beyond voters' control, and the courts agreed with them. There are no do-overs.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
No, it varies state-by-state. In quite a few states it must be received by Election Day.

And there are a number of states, including New York, that don't start counting prior to the election.
Well never mind then, I never thought my backwards ass state, FL, would be ahead of the curve but I guess with all the olds here they had to be.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
A reliably blue state like MN flipping red for a traditional, classic conservative is one thing. A reliable blue state possibly flipping for Donald fucking Trump is seriously mind blowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.