Status
Not open for further replies.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
The beauty of this is that Trump's biggest self owns occur when he feels threatened. He is going to be lashing out about this for weeks. Any hope of him staying on message or reorienting his campaign are out the window. And his campaign already seems to be nearing the point of no return, so this might be what pushes him past that point.

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
I look forward to conservatives hyper-ventilating over the fact that Gorsuch and Kavanaugh absolutely did not go to bat for Trump. These decisions being 7-2 and not 5-4 is going to piss a whole lot of Trumpers off.

Oct 29, 2017
Come on Lincoln project stuff is different that's why it's got ban general. It is very effective Republican propaganda that brings back memories or the myth of the good Republican.posting these ads without telling people who these people are as a very dangerous thing.

I do agree that context for who they are is important.

I also think I share the same sentiment as a lot of others here in that I DO know what they're about, and that they aren't allies. I am happy to allow them to continue to pick at Trump's ego, it's not an entirely useless thing. But I'm not going to give them money, promote their ads outside of a general discussion space like this, or vote alongside their ideals in the future. I don't think it's harmful to discuss their ads but again I do agree that it's important everyone understands the context of who they are (which is to say I don't think that's a problem in this community, I think most everyone here understands who the Lincoln Project is).

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Lisa Murkowski is also down 20% in favoribility.

FYI.
>

David Nir @DavidNir

Alaska Republicans absolutely despise Lisa Murkowski in new @ppppolls survey. Just 17% approve of her job performance, versus 71% who disapprove https://publicpolicypolling.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/AlaskaResults20200709.pdf#page=15

KmpZso5.png

10:29 AM · Jul 9, 2020

A2qC037.jpg

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Come on Lincoln project stuff is different that's why it's got ban general. It is very effective Republican propaganda that brings back memories or the myth of the good Republican.posting these ads without telling people who these people are as a very dangerous thing.
Posting of these adverts for discussion in this thread is specifically allowed in the rules posted relating to The Lincoln Project. If you'd like to take that up with the admins, I encourage you to do so.

As I already pointed out, we post things from all kinds of sources in here. We will be sharing and talking about adverts attacking democratic candidates too. You're more than welcome to engage in the conversation, but as of right now, it is a settled matter that people are free to share and discuss TLP adverts in this thread, same as they're free to share and discuss adverts made by pro Trump groups like Great America PAC.

If you want to periodically point out who TLP are, feel free. This thread has lurkers beyond the posters that regularly engage here who might not know, but remember that the posters that do regularly post here don't need reminding of who George Conway et al are.

One nit pick, these aren't *Republican* adverts. You can call them republican, certainly. But not Republican. They aren't coming from the GOP, or allies of the current GOP.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Posting of these adverts for discussion in this thread is specifically allowed in the rules posted relating to The Lincoln Project. If you'd like to take that up with the admins, I encourage you to do so.

As I already pointed out, we post things from all kinds of sources in here. We will be sharing and talking about adverts attacking democratic candidates too. You're more than welcome to engage in the conversation, but as of right now, it is a settled matter that people are free to share and discuss TLP adverts in this thread, same as they're free to share and discuss adverts made by pro Trump groups like Great America PAC.

If you want to periodically point out who TLP are, feel free. This thread has lurkers beyond the posters that regularly engage here who might not know, but remember that the posters that do regularly post here don't need reminding of who George Conway et al are.

One nit pick, these aren't *Republican* adverts. You can call them republican, certainly. But not Republican.
I don't usually look at other politics threads. What are the rules here for TLP?

100% agree with others here that we all know who they are, and at the same time we can enjoy their temporary help in beating Trump without giving them money or tangible support.

Lincoln Project discussion guidelines

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I don't usually look at other politics threads. What are the rules here for TLP?

100% agree with others here that we all know who they are, and at the same time we can enjoy their temporary help in beating Trump without giving them money or tangible support.
Official Staff Communication
The fact that there is a segment of the GOP that is willing to go against the bulk of the party is a newsworthy, and quite unusual, thing. However, we don't need threads for the ads themselves.

If a reputable news article arises on their existence and the work that they do, feel free to post that. They can also come up as discussion in US politics threads, as they are relevant to the current election. But the threads created about the ads themselves lead to little productive discussion. Legitimate concerns have also been raised about endorsing them given the individuals behind them, so those threads will be locked going forward.

The staff have been listening to all feedback (as there are marginalized voices on both sides of this debate, some of whom want to discuss the ads) and we believe this is a good compromise that takes all concerns into account. If you have any further concerns, please reach out to staff.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

The Supreme Court sends case back to Lower Court, arguments to continue. This is all a political prosecution. I won the Mueller Witch Hunt, and others, and now I have to keep fighting in a politically corrupt New York. Not fair to this Presidency or Administration!

10:38 AM · Jul 9, 2020

Courts in the past have given "broad deference". BUT NOT ME!

We have a totally corrupt previous Administration, including a President and Vice President who spied on my campaign, AND GOT CAIGHT...and nothing happens to them. This crime was taking place even before my election, everyone knows it, and yet all are frozen stiff with fear....

....No Republican Senate Judiciary response, NO "JUSTICE", NO FBI, NO NOTHING. Major horror show REPORTS on Comey & McCabe, guilty as hell, nothing happens. Catch Obama & Biden cold, nothing. A 3 year, $45,000,000 Mueller HOAX, failed - investigated everything....

....Won all against the Federal Government and the Democrats send everything to politically corrupt New York, which is falling apart with everyone leaving, to give it a second, third and fourth try. Now the Supreme Court gives a delay ruling that they would never have given...

....for another President. This is about PROSECUTORIAL MISCONDUCT. We catch the other side SPYING on my campaign, the biggest political crime and scandal in U.S. history, and NOTHING HAPPENS. But despite this, I have done more than any President in history in first 3 1/2 years!

10:46 AM · Jul 9, 2020

Last edited:

Kmonk

#TeamThierry
Oct 30, 2017
US
Waiting for those fishing expedition Biden subpoenas early next year, and then before the midterms.

This doesn't seem like much a threat, though. Biden has been incredibly forthcoming with his personal info. He already released his taxes when he was VP, and I'm sure he'll do it again if he wins in November. We saw how open he was during the Reade investigation, and basically provided access to any documents that were his to provide.

If the Alabama or Wyoming want to comb thru his boring financials, I say let them have at it.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Surprisingly, Conservative Twitter is most pissed at the Oklahoma case and are losing it over Gorsuch.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017

It's hilarious how times like this tell you he never, ever reads and hasn't his whole life. He's a guy who knows how to speak English solely from hearing it, not reading it.
He hears "for the 100th time" and can't discern the difference with "1 hundredth". Diamond dozen and all that.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure where to post this, but apparently my dad's hypochondria is a cure for GOP brainwashing. My dad's been in and out of a hospital since '87 for various things, most recently skin cancer, pneumonia, and Emphysema. COVID-19 is basically a death sentence for him (78yo).

He's been following all the protocols and basically being smart about things. Up until this point he was a die hard trumpkin but the handling of the virus combined with the data coming out of the rest of the world either snapped him out of it or he's just lying to placate me, but instead of voting R he's abstaining from voting for pres for the first time I can remember. I really hope this is a sign he can be pulled out of the bullshit. It helps that my in-laws are vets and hate Trump and they're on good terms with my dad.

Honestly just needed something good to happen and wanted to share.

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
So I get congress likely won't see Trump's financials before the election. Do the NY prosecutors get to see them immediately? Does that mean there's a chance a grand jury could bring charges before the election?

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
What's their deal — just simple white hostility, I assume? Or is there a specific political impact?

The other decisions were already gone with Roberts and the 4 liberals. The tribal case swung on Gorsuch.

Not sure where to post this, but apparently my dad's hypochondria is a cure for GOP brainwashing. My dad's been in and out of a hospital since '87 for various things, most recently skin cancer, pneumonia, and Emphysema. COVID-19 is basically a death sentence for him (78yo).

He's been following all the protocols and basically being smart about things. Up until this point he was a die hard trumpkin but the handling of the virus combined with the data coming out of the rest of the world either snapped him out of it or he's just lying to placate me, but instead of voting R he's abstaining from voting for pres for the first time I can remember. I really hope this is a sign he can be pulled out of the bullshit. It helps that my in-laws are vets and hate Trump and they're on good terms with my dad.

Honestly just needed something good to happen and wanted to share.

Trump is going to really fuck the GOP. My mom is a lifelong fan of Reagan and whatnot, but she's been very anti-Trump. Never voted Dem in her life but she abstained in 2016 and 2018. Then she texts me this yesterday (her in white):
Screenshot-20200709-111841-Messenger.jpg

xfactor99

Oct 28, 2017
Tribal lands are heavily clustered in plains states and conservatives want more control over them. Just like they want to carve up national parks. That clearly won't happen with the current court balance.

TIL that Gorsuch has a long history in ruling in favor of Native Americans in court cases, so conservatives probably should not try their luck on that anytime soon.

slate.com

Why Gorsuch Keeps Joining the Liberals to Affirm Tribal Rights

The court’s only Western justice has a firm grasp on American Indian law and an obvious empathy for tribes and their members.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
TIL that Gorsuch has a long history in ruling in favor of Native Americans in court cases, so conservatives probably should not try their luck on that anytime soon.

slate.com

Why Gorsuch Keeps Joining the Liberals to Affirm Tribal Rights

The court’s only Western justice has a firm grasp on American Indian law and an obvious empathy for tribes and their members.

Yeah. I knew about that case, so when I saw it was 5-4, I guessed it was him rather than Roberts on that one.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
What's their deal — just simple white hostility, I assume? Or is there a specific political impact?
The decision throws MASSIVE shade on the mistreatment of Native Americans and is a good indicator that Gorsuch will rule against things that impede on the rights of Native Americans in relation to tribal lands, except in cases where Congress has very explicitly disestablished their rights to the land in question.

It also throws out a ton of state cases against Native Americans in the lands in question, basically meaning that anyone convicted of state level offenses could have their verdicts thrown out and would need to be retried in federal court. The "McGirt" in "McGirt v. Oklahoma" is a convicted child rapist who was serving a life sentence, but this could apply to any enrolled Tribe member. They would need to actually file a case for this though, it isn't automatic and some people convicted of lesser offenses could choose to simply wait out their sentences rather than risk being retried and re-sentenced in federal court.

Reading the opinion and the dissent is a little funny, because Roberts has a paragraph that argues against Gorsuch's opinion with regards to the above, the opinion has some sentences that are pretty clearly a response to that part of the dissent, and the dissent has another paragraph that's a response to the response.

Last edited:

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
My dad and I haven't talked about the 2020 election at all, and only spoke about the 2016 election once, where he told that despite voting only for Republicans since the 80s he had some "tough decisions" to make that time. I still don't know if he ended up voting for Clinton or Trump but it was good to at least know he wasn't a diehard Trump supporter

Oct 25, 2017
Conservatives are complete hypocrites when it comes to the issue of government spending, but it is just laughable how bad their timing is here. In the middle of a pandemic with double-digit unemployment is the PERFECT time to nickel and dime people over "fiscal responsibility".

Why the fuck is it only 1200 and not 2000? What's the logic behind that?

Last edited:

RiPPn

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix

The Supreme Court sends case back to Lower Court, arguments to continue. This is all a political prosecution. I won the Mueller Witch Hunt, and others, and now I have to keep fighting in a politically corrupt New York. Not fair to this Presidency or Administration!

Courts in the past have given "broad deference". BUT NOT ME!

We have a totally corrupt previous Administration, including a President and Vice President who spied on my campaign, AND GOT CAIGHT...and nothing happens to them. This crime was taking place even before my election, everyone knows it, and yet all are frozen stiff with fear....

....No Republican Senate Judiciary response, NO "JUSTICE", NO FBI, NO NOTHING. Major horror show REPORTS on Comey & McCabe, guilty as hell, nothing happens. Catch Obama & Biden cold, nothing. A 3 year, $45,000,000 Mueller HOAX, failed - investigated everything....

....Won all against the Federal Government and the Democrats send everything to politically corrupt New York, which is falling apart with everyone leaving, to give it a second, third and fourth try. Now the Supreme Court gives a delay ruling that they would never have given...

....for another President. This is about PROSECUTORIAL MISCONDUCT. We catch the other side SPYING on my campaign, the biggest political crime and scandal in U.S. history, and NOTHING HAPPENS. But despite this, I have done more than any President in history in first 3 1/2 years!

10:46 AM · Jul 9, 2020

Trump appears to have deleted these.

Oct 25, 2017
Trump appears to have deleted these.

He seems to have reposted similar tweets (didn't save the old so unsure what changed):

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

We have a totally corrupt previous Administration, including a President and Vice President who spied on my campaign, AND GOT CAUGHT...and nothing happens to them. This crime was taking place even before my election, everyone knows it, and yet all are frozen stiff with fear....
8:35 AM · Jul 9, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1281250565163532288/retweets/with_comments

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

·
6m

Replying to
@realDonaldTrump

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

·
6m

...Won all against the Federal Government and the Democrats send everything to politically corrupt New York, which is falling apart with everyone leaving, to give it a second, third and fourth try. Now the Supreme Court gives a delay ruling that they would never have given...

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

·
7m

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
We're going to close August with people having been booted off extended UI at the end of July, scrounging for whatever they have left if they give any stimulus checks at all then we're basically just going to face mass evictions across the country. Still have a ton of family who isn't expecting to work in August. Only thing stopping to bottom from dropping out on people is extended UI

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
He seems to have reposted similar tweets (didn't save the old so unsure what changed):

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

We have a totally corrupt previous Administration, including a President and Vice President who spied on my campaign, AND GOT CAUGHT...and nothing happens to them. This crime was taking place even before my election, everyone knows it, and yet all are frozen stiff with fear....
8:35 AM · Jul 9, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1281250565163532288/retweets/with_comments

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

·
6m

Replying to
@realDonaldTrump
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

·
6m

...Won all against the Federal Government and the Democrats send everything to politically corrupt New York, which is falling apart with everyone leaving, to give it a second, third and fourth try. Now the Supreme Court gives a delay ruling that they would never have given...

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

·
7m

This fucking asshole

He didn't win shit

Mueller would have charged him if he wasn't president, Senate GOP intel confirmed Russian involvement in the election multiple times, All the spy work was signed off on and legal given the people his campaign was brushing elbows with and FUCK me how many people connected to this were indicted and put into prison again?

I feel like I am about to lose my mind with this fucker for the millionth time. Lying, dumb, gaslighting sack of shit president

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
So when Trump isn't President anymore, everyone wanting his tax returns, sans the public, can just get them right?

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Looks like Donald re-posted the threaded tweet to fix the "AND GOT CAIGHT" typo.

Anyway:

Shimon Prokupecz @ShimonPro

The Justice Department supports Roger Stone going to prison on Tuesday, according to a new court filing. Stone has asked a federal appeals court for emergency help to delay his prison term until September, citing coronavirus. @kpolantz

11:39 AM · Jul 9, 2020

Absent

Oct 26, 2017

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like Donald re-posted the threaded tweet to fix the "AND GOT CAIGHT" typo.

Anyway:

Shimon Prokupecz @ShimonPro

The Justice Department supports Roger Stone going to prison on Tuesday, according to a new court filing. Stone has asked a federal appeals court for emergency help to delay his prison term until September, citing coronavirus. @kpolantz

11:39 AM · Jul 9, 2020

Trump is hurting from these decisions and Stone is set to go to jail next Tuesday. Everybody ready for a Friday night Roger Stone pardon?

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017

What funds? Federal loans? I can imagine the whole idea of waivers for people to use in other schools of their choice like they always wanted but we're mid year and in a pandemic so how the fuck is any of this gonna work. What

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas

What funds? Federal loans? I can imagine the whole idea of waivers for people to use in other schools of their choice like they always wanted but we're mid year and in a pandemic so how the fuck is any of this gonna work. What

Not sure. Feds don't fund a large percentage of school dollars in general. Title I funding is the most robust federal funding source, which is tied to low income/performing schools. Schools where it's least likely parents can take their students out of anyway.

The rest of the funding is all state/local level which feds have zero oversight of.

Status
Not open for further replies.