• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
It's a pretty strong position for the GOP to run on, if I am honest. People are eating this shit up
Yeah. This is yet another instance where the GOP having a 24/7, hugely popular propaganda network in Fox News benefits them massively and the Dems not having something similar hurts them. The GOP machine will be working overtime scaring their viewers about mass shortages and inflation through Fox. And then as a bonus the likes of CNN, NYT, WSJ etc love to appear "unbiased" so they'll slam Biden/Dems on these things as well.

Our side just really sucks at messaging to the masses in a way that is easy for low info voters to understand.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. This is yet another instance where the GOP having a 24/7, hugely popular propaganda network in Fox News benefits them massively and the Dems not having something similar hurts them. The GOP machine will be working overtime scaring their viewers about mass shortages and inflation through Fox. And then as a bonus the likes of CNN, NYT, WSJ etc love to appear "unbiased" so they'll slam Biden/Dems on these things as well.

Our side just really sucks at messaging to the masses in a way that is easy for low info voters to understand.
That's because our heterogenous side wouldn't believe a single message on most issues the way the GOP's homogenous side does. Who do you imagine the viewers of this network woudl be? Social and economic moderates who make up the bulk of dem voters? College-educated liberals? Urban leftists?

First FOX messages to themselves, and then to the masses. We couldn't get past step one most of the time.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
That's because our heterogenous side wouldn't believe a single message on most issues the way the GOP's homogenous side does. Who do you imagine the viewers of this network woudl be? Social and economic moderates who make up the bulk of dem voters? College-educated liberals? Urban leftists?

First FOX messages to themselves, and then to the masses. We couldn't get past step one most of the time.

Yup, the type of things that'll get 20-something Bernie voters revved up is something completely different than what gets 50-something suburban women revved up which is something different than what gets moderate non-white men in urban areas revved up. We don't need one Fox News, we need like half a dozen, all targeted at the right audience, without much crossover, because just like MSNBC's resistanceness upsets people on the left, the left-wing version of Fox News would upset a lot of people who vote 100% Democratic.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
To be clear I'm not saying someone needs to create a far left network because as you guys say it wouldn't be anywhere close to as effective as Fox News.

I'm just saying that it fucking sucks how easily the GOP have it in terms of getting their propaganda and talking points out there compared to the Dems. Within days the GOP can use Fox News to saturate their entire base with talking points and it's instantly canon in their brains.

It's like a mirror of the electorates of both sides. The GOP only has to appeal to white people so they can turn the racism and fascist dial up to 11. The Dems have to appeal to a huge tent pole which is extremely difficult.

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To be clear I'm not saying someone needs to create a far left network because as you guys say it wouldn't be anywhere close to as effective as Fox News.

I'm just saying that it fucking sucks how easily the GOP have it in terms of getting their propaganda and talking points out there compared to the Dems. Within days the GOP can use Fox News to saturate their entire base with talking points and it's instantly canon in their brains.

It's like a mirror of the electorates of both sides. The GOP only has to appeal to white people so they can turn the racism and fascist dial up to 11. The Dems have to appeal to a huge tent pole which is extremely difficult.
Hell google any issue you can think of, if you want the facts, it's behind a paywall. If you want the right wing spin, click on any article and it's free. I don't get why we can't do the same here... Create a shitload of free left wing news sites so that people at least have access to the information.

Oct 29, 2017
It's almost like no one should be put on a pedestal and worshipped.
Also she should have stepped down while Obama was president but she seems like she was pretty fucking full of herself.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
A lot of talk in here about things that could affect midterms recently, but if this doesn't change, it could have a major impact:

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Don't wanna be too big a downer, but does anyone believe this anymore?

Anyone at all?

It's pretty blatantly obvious at this point the minimum wage isn't getting raised. Just not happening.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
Maybe it is just regional, but the one upside is that I think the current labor "shortage", for lack of a better word, has all but eliminated minimum wage jobs as best as I can tell and it is having ripple effects up the food chain. I used to start new hires at $13 an hour at my shop, and that was good for finding unskilled labor, and was way above what Walmart and McDonalds were paying around here. I start folks at $18 now. I'm actually finally having a good year at my shop, so I've been happy to raise wages. It feels good to be in a spot where I'm thinking about how I provide retirement and health benefits so that I can keep growing instead of thinking 'How in the fuck am I going to make payroll, utilities and rent happen next week?'

edit: This isn't meant to be a justification for not raising the minimum wage.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of talk in here about things that could affect midterms recently, but if this doesn't change, it could have a major impact:

"The prices of all these things have gone way up. Let's vote for the party that made this current mess WAY worse by ignoring the pandemic and actively convincing their base not to take the vaccine."

Sadly, you're right. If things don't change in the next few months Dems will 100% get blamed even though they're the only party trying to mitigate the damage.

gcubed

Oct 25, 2017
Some prices are never coming down because wages are going up, and worrying about that but also cheerleading minimum wage raises is disingenuous. Things were cheap because we had poverty wages and the solution to that isn't to go back to those wages.

the other stuff will be cyclical and the issue will be BEST CASE scenario some pressures are possibly loosening 2H of next year, which is most likely too late for the mid terms.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

And they'll be all too eager to comply. Look forward to a bunch of GOP congressmen suddenly get real cagey when asked if Biden is the legitimate president, while the true believers amp it up to dangerous "this might actually result in violence" levels of rhetoric. If Trump claims the sky is green, half the country will convince themselves they see it too.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Tim Scott's Q3 fundraising haul was absurd. He has to be planning a 2024 run.
He would definitely be a good choice for Trump's running mate.

Lot of things I'm dreading about 2024 but one thing I can't wait to see is Pence prostrate himself pathetically on stage. Can you imagine a debate between him and Trump? Fucking lol.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
It has almost been a year since Donald Trump lost the election. I have no doubt we'll be hearing about this for at least the next two years until he runs again. Hell he might even keep it up while running, because he is that stupid. Just like he told his voters in Arizona not to vote using the easiest method available to them.

OP
OP
SSF1991

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
Every time the GOP thinks they have an opportunity against the Dems in the lead up to the midterms., Trump's like "how can I fuck my own party over?"

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Every time the GOP thinks they have an opportunity against the Dems in the lead up to the midterms., Trump's like "how can I fuck my own party over?"
I really hope he sticks to it. Show republicans there is no escape from him, especially considering this is the very reason they didn't convict after January 6th.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Just goes to show we're in a weird timeline and nothing we've discussed over the past few pages regarding 2022 and 2024 is going to be accurate because of the Trump factor. I wasn't really expecting him to say that, especially after the GA runoffs. He's deluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.