Votes: 111 48.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
It's okay though. I'm sure in another two years when there's only a half dozen people left in Poli-Era we'll get another mod giving a mea culpa about how they screwed up and promise to do better.

Sain

Nov 13, 2017
ResetERA is a post factual forum solely fueled by bad vibes. It is like that saying, "When someone tells you who they are, believe them." Same applies to the individuals in charge of this forum.

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
Nice timing, too, almost right after the SotU when rhetoric was just starting to become more encouraging around here again. Guess we're not supposed to feel any positivity about the upcoming election, while the doomers are given free reign to cast their pall everywhere.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
Hamas, the governing body of Gaza, which began this entire war by launching a surprise invasion of their neighbor that killed at least 1200 people and took hostages should reconsider their refusal to release said hostages which, according to the UN, are being used as sex slaves and actually agree to one of the ceasefire deals brokered by Egypt and Qatar to allow breathing space for all sides to work towards a more lasting peace agreement. But as of now they adamantly refuse.

This ban, quite frankly, is bullshit. The moderation here lately has been all over the place and I'm sure I'll get in trouble for pointing it out. Its plain as day that some moderators specifically have a very clear bias and are waiting to pull the trigger on anyone they can remotely interpret negatively to justify a ban.

I don't even agree with some of the posts, but holy shit, can people not share their perspective as long as it isn't supporting atrocities? There has to be some margin of discourse that's allowed where people can disagree and debate without it just being banned. I know I've personally disengaged most threads as it's very obvious that certain mods will ban anyone they can interpret negatively with zero allowance for discourse.

RetroRunner

Dec 6, 2020
Hamas, the governing body of Gaza, which began this entire war by launching a surprise invasion of their neighbor that killed at least 1200 people and took hostages should reconsider their refusal to release said hostages which, according to the UN, are being used as sex slaves and actually agree to one of the ceasefire deals brokered by Egypt and Qatar to allow breathing space for all sides to work towards a more lasting peace agreement. But as of now they adamantly refuse.
What does inflammatory commentary mean? I don't understand

Oct 27, 2017
I can safely assume we've lost here the plot when we have mods who are defending hamas (and I imagine many of us know exactly who those mods are). I'd hope there would eventually be a moment where they'd grow up and realize the world is way more nuanced than "America bad, therefore anyone who hates them is good", but it's pretty apparent that's not going to happen.

TopDreg

Oct 26, 2017
How in the world is this ban worthy? What is inflammatory in his statement?

I'll never forget or forgive the admin who blamed the collective nation of Jewish people in a post and it's the reason why I rarely post here anymore. Just straight up anti-Semitic rhetoric that would be at home on Stormfront.
It wouldn't surprise me if this forum just ended up on a watch list for antisemitism some day, with how things are going.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, most Genocide Joe posts then, lol.
1786898c-c7d5-445f-9af6-5fc01271e5da_text.gif

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
Nice timing, too, almost right after the SotU when rhetoric was just starting to become more encouraging around here again. Guess we're not supposed to feel any positivity about the upcoming election, while the doomers are given free reign to cast their pall everywhere.
Yeah I had the same thought. It was nice while it lasted I guess.

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
Meanwhile, we have posters on this forum freely accuse other posters here of literally "supporting fascism" without valid evidence and are allowed to skate with no moderation whatever. Somehow, that's not "inflammatory", though. Jfc

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile, we have posters on this forum freely accuse other posters here of literally "supporting fascism" without valid evidence and are allowed to skate with no moderation whatever. Somehow, that's not "inflammatory", though. Jfc

In the SOTU thread there's someone who said that it felt like the people praising Biden didn't care about Gaza. Nah, that's not inflammatory at all.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
It seems odd to me that a post is so inflammatory it's worthy of a one month ban, while that same post afaict had zero replies to it.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Ownership should really just come right out and say what the official Era position is on these things.

I'm actually surprised I wasn't banned for saying "Hamas also refuses to agree to the ceasefire under negotiations with Egyptian and Qatari intermediaries."

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Entirely plausible that a bunch of users mass reported that post and a mod knee-jerk banned Brady because of it. It happens far too often and nothing is addressed for that.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
It seems odd to me that a post is so inflammatory it's worthy of a one month ban, while that same post afaict had zero replies to it.

The length probably takes his history into account, but you have a point about how can it be inflammatory if no one even reacted to it.

Ownership should really just come right out and say what the official Era position is on these things.

I'm actually surprised I wasn't banned for saying "Hamas also refuses to agree to the ceasefire under negotiations with Egyptian and Qatari intermediaries."

I know you're in the thread, but in the Community Discussion thread people have asked several times for clarification on whether people are allowed to call for the destruction of Israel with no answer.

Entirely plausible that a bunch of users mass reported that post and a mod knee-jerk banned Brady because of it. It happens far too often and nothing is addressed for that.

Unless they've changed things, it takes more than one mod though.

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
There needs to be more mod accountability and more transparency on bans and warnings. Would love to be able to see which mods are banning and giving warnings and more reasoning than a single line.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
There needs to be more mod accountability and more transparency on bans and warnings. Would love to be able to see which mods are banning and giving warnings and more reasoning than a single line.

I absolutely agree. I'm not a super poster here by any means and I mostly lurk know BECAUSE of the shift in moderation over the past few years. Specifically a few who seem to operate without any consequences. It's deflating, uninviting, kills discourse, and is, frankly, immature.

Everyone is just guessing what's appropriate and what isn't. The bans have no consistency. And even questioning things or bringing them up can get you banned or a target on your back. There a huge need for:

- Better communication
- Better transparency
- More mature responses and engagement from mods
- Accountability for admins and mods TO the community
- Room for discourse
- Clear guidelines on what is allowed and what isn't AND what will happen if it isn't followed

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Yes, but if you know, you know. I think mods are "assigned" threads that probably overlap with their own interest. I remember someone popping up in the NFL OT to warn someone about trash talking, and that kind of resulted in widespread confusion for a second, and they said they were the Sports Guy. (I think.)

Besides, it's a group decision anyway, I thought.

S!lent

Nov 20, 2017
Fuck Genocide Joe.

Every moment of inaction to prevent a genocide results in thousands dead.

But he is not doing nothing, he is not just enabling, he is financing and politically protecting the mass murderer committing it.

He is a participant.

Fuck Genocide Joe.

Brady gets actioned because factual information is "inflammatory." Meanwhile, comments like the above are totally fine, apparently. What a joke.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, but if you know, you know. I think mods are "assigned" threads that probably overlap with their own interest. I remember someone popping up in the NFL OT to warn someone about trash talking, and that kind of resulted in widespread confusion for a second, and they said they were the Sports Guy. (I think.)

Besides, it's a group decision anyway, I thought.

When I was in, it wasn't like it was an official thing, but like if there was something lin like the NBA thread, we might wait to get the opinion of the mod that posted in there a lot as they're more familiar with the community dynamics and the back and forths that go on.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
When I was in, it wasn't like it was an official thing, but like if there was something lin like the NBA thread, we might wait to get the opinion of the mod that posted in there a lot as they're more familiar with the community dynamics and the back and forths that go on.
Yep, that was exactly what Sports Mod said. Basically word for word. So that policy seems intact.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
In the SOTU thread there's someone who said that it felt like the people praising Biden didn't care about Gaza. Nah, that's not inflammatory at all.
Hey, can you actually report that sort of thing please? We'd very much like to ban people who say that.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile, we have posters on this forum freely allowed to accuse other posters here of literally "supporting fascism" without valid evidence and are allowed to skate with no moderation whatever. Somehow, that's not "inflammatory", though. Jfc
It's not really a discussion forum anymore. It's not a place to learn about the world or people who have different life experiences, knowledge, and opinions the way it used to be. Resetera has become a support group that exists to reinforce a specific, pessimistic, fringe political ideology, and exclude any users and facts that contradict it.

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
Brady gets actioned because factual information is "inflammatory." Meanwhile, comments like the above are totally fine, apparently. What a joke.
How about this one?

www.resetera.com

AP: Democrat voters angry at Biden back him anyway to stop Trump

yeah, it was heinous - but that's the dem party. they're doing it now with muslim voters, and from the tone of this thread, its working thank you the amount of people professing antifascism while fully accepting it when its coming from their team is...well, decisively liberal also this...
the amount of people professing antifascism while fully accepting it when its coming from their team is...well, decisively liberal
No moderation action taken. 🤦‍♀️

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, can you actually report that sort of thing please? We'd very much like to ban people who say that.

Reported, but I didn't do it initially after my report for Chief Malik calling ResetEra his enemies was ignored.

There's really a feeling like one side gets to shit on the community and push back get ignored or punished.

Also, while you're here, can we finally get clarification on whether members are allowed to call for the destruction of Israel? It's a nation that has existed for generations at this point, longer than many other nations that I have to imagine would be harshly banned if members called for their destruction.

S!lent

Nov 20, 2017

Last night I reported the comment I posted further up on this page. No action. If Brady's comment meets the standard for "inflammatory," I'd love to know how that one (or others like it) doesn't.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I stopped reporting most thread derails and trolling posts a long time ago when nothing happened with them. Guess we just have different definitions.

Posters I can ignore, easily. Not looking to ban anyone, just to keep threads from being shitted up all the time.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
It's not even that I necessarily want "Hey ban them too" as if that will make me happy. What I want is for posts that don't deserve to be banned to not be banned.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
I simply stop posting in threads after certain protected individuals show up. Seems a healthy strategy, although not indicative of this place's longevity.

Just have to hope they don't suddenly develop an interest in baseball or football.

May 26, 2018
Shit, at least it wasn't perma. Just gotta wait a month to get Brady's valuable takes on polls.

I used to get angry about this stuff but there's no stopping it, y'know? On a long enough timeline everyone on this forum gets cooked eventually. We're a unity of convenience. Enjoy engaging with others here while you can, and build relationships with people in reality as your primary goal.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
It's not even that I necessarily want "Hey ban them too" as if that will make me happy. What I want is for posts that don't deserve to be banned to not be banned.
Funny thing is there were more inflammatory posts made by Brady before that DIDN'T get actioned. If it was something more heated in rhetoric, then I'd at least get it. This is just him explaining the situation as somewhat objectively as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.