• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
So, how many seats did Dems pick up in the House? I know we probably don't have the final number, but are there any estimates?

Box of Kittens

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if this was already covered, but in addition to Evers beating Walker the Democrats swept the statewide races in Wisconsin, giving Doug LaFollette some company at last. The legislature remains in Republican hands but Evers will have veto power over the new maps.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
How is everyone feeling then?
giphy.gif

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Nukes still in :(
Did Steve king or rohrbacher get the boot at least?
Rohrabacher did.

G Elliott Morris has 39 GOP seats flipping to the Democrats. We lost MN-8 and PA-14, so that's 36-37 pickup depending on how MN-1 sorts out.

Sorry if this was already covered, but in addition to Evers beating Walker the Democrats swept the statewide races in Wisconsin, giving Doug LaFollette some company at last. The legislature remains in Republican hands but Evers will have veto power over the new maps.
Minnesota was a shutout too for the statewide races. Democrats came out swinging in the Midwest.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
TayTay will be doing more endorsements in the future:

https://blindgossip.com/election-did-not-swing-her-way/

This female celebrity was very upset that her candidate did not win yesterday!

She's really mad [The Candidate] didn't win. She kept saying, "That's just not right!"

However, that does not mean that she will be discouraged from participating in political support in the future. Quite the contrary.

She'll double down on the next one she supports.

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017
When oversight eventually results in Subpoena's being ignored and cases before the Supreme Courts, I'm actually pretty bullish on John Roberts siding with the Liberals and enforcing compliance with oversight.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
I LOVE that this happened!

Also, shout out to Sharice Davids; a native American, lesbian, MMA fighter who also just whooped some mediocre white dude's ass in Kansas! Her win has me more excited than most others.
More I read about her, the more I like her, and as I said in the last thread, she is my Queen, and I will gladly kneel before her!!!

4-49-13-30-9-113-000746830-sharice3.jpg

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Rohrabacher did.

G Elliott Morris has 39 GOP seats flipping to the Democrats. We lost MN-8 and PA-14, so that's 36-37 pickup depending on how MN-1 sorts out.

Minnesota was a shutout too for the statewide races. Democrats came out swinging in the Midwest.

37 is damn good. If Nelson and Sinema had just pulled through all of us would be feeling ALOT better. Fuck I hope they can find more votes.

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
Roberts is actually worried about legacy and status quo preservation. It's been consistent throughout his rulings. He's not going to overturn Nixon. Is it a stupid concern, yes, but Roberts is selfish more than he is evil. I'm more worried about something bad happening to RGB than Roberts joining a majority that flips Nixon.

This seems to be the general perspective -- it'll be fine because Roberts doesn't want to look bad.

This strikes me as a thin reed to hang the safety of the republic on. But okay. Let's see how it goes.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
How is everyone feeling then?
Honestly, this one is a pretty dull sensation. It was obvious to everybody who's been paying attention that the groundwork was being laid for exactly this series of events all this year.

I am surprised it happened so quickly, but it's obvious that the president wasn't going to be able to contain himself for long (I just thought he would entertain his pretense of "winning" for a bit longer before destructing).

The Mueller probe was never going to have the ending that a lot of people here seem to have been anticipating (he was never going to seek indictment, and Congress would never have voted to impeach). The House can pick up where he leaves off.

We will win at the ballot. That is the only way.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
This seems to be the general perspective -- it'll be fine because Roberts doesn't want to look bad.

This strikes me as a thin reed to hang the safety of the republic on. But okay. Let's see how it goes.

I'll admit, it is, but, when it comes to whether or not the Supreme Court upholds Nixon, the only people we can rely on are the people on the Supreme Court.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017

idk if I trust OANN
I assumed these two were linked but eh.

AGAIN THIS IS OANN, so big cup o' salt.

Also sorry resetera is fucking with my posts.

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
The Mueller probe was never going to have the ending that a lot of people here seem to have been anticipating (he was never going to seek indictment, and Congress would never have voted to impeach). The House can pick up where he leaves off.

We will win at the ballot. That is the only way.

Just to be clear, this is a strong and explicit take that the American system of powers just doesn't work at all.

Basically the argument here is that we were always an autocracy, we just had a lot of pretty benign autocrats who pretended they were constrained by the other branches.

This might actually be right! Benji can probably tell you for sure. But it's a take that, if true, demands more attention and activation, not less, and suggests that the ballot box is a very poor rather than very strong method of creating change.

Oct 27, 2017

It is a very thin reed. It's not entirely without merit, and if you MADE me bet, I'd bet he would. But I'd be like 55% sure.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Master at failing upwards my god
I hope fucking Linsey Graham walks away with nothing. He can go mope with Christie and all of Trump's other discarded sycophants.

Not much of a silver lining, but I'll take it.

This might actually be right! Benji can probably tell you for sure. But it's a take that, if true, demands more attention and activation, not less, and suggests that the ballot box is a very poor rather than very strong method of creating change.
I'm not sure what you're talking about here. Voting the president out of office is the only recourse that was ever realistically available.

The idea that we would be "saved" by this investigation was always a fool's hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.