• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
#1 is correct, which is always nice to see. #8 is very questionable ... the easiest swap to be made is with #18 on the list. No reason it should be that low.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
imgbin-bloodborne-dark-souls-iii-video-game-know-your-meme-bloodborne-kcm2MRajF1vZjr69wpEmaRb6R.jpg

Shocking omission in that top 10

OP
OP
Violet

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
I'm not a fan of #10's series ... but I respect its legacy and its enormous praise it gets, so I have trouble removing it from lists.

I would actually include the first game in the series, I really love it and I think it should get the praise the second one seems to get.

Way more janky but the overall story/characters are way better.

But then again that describes The Witcher series too

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Delighted to see Yakuza 0 at #17! They actually put it above The Last of Us!

Also very happy to see stuff like Kentucky Route Zero, Disco Elysium, The Last Guardian, Outer Wilds, Obra Dinn and many of my other favorites get represented.

OP
OP
Violet

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
The Dark Souls vs Bloodborne argument is moot because both are not as good as Demons' Souls

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Y'know. While I don't agree with that Top 10 this is a pretty solid list.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
That's an odd list to be quite honest. It's like nobody there have a Playstation. But it's hard to disagree with the top spot at least. Minecraft at #4 is nice to see as well.

Citizen Rizer

Oct 27, 2017
I'll never understand the love for #6. It's a neat game that can create some fun moments, but top 10 of the decade?

Roosevelt

Nov 10, 2017
Amazing top 10, would probably switch 1 and 2 but nice to see a good mix of genres represented.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Just need New Vegas and Dragon's Dogma to team up to come up behind some of the other top 10, and take them out with a steel chair to take their spot.

OP
OP
Violet

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
I'll never understand the love for #6. It's a neat game that can create some fun moments, but top 10 of the decade?

I dropped like 25-30 hours into it and didn't love it QUITE as much as many other people, but I do really respect it. It's almost technically impressive more than anything else

Saiyaman

Dec 19, 2017
A bit sad Xenoblade didn't get represented in any form on a list of 100 games when we got three fantastic games + an expansion.

Great list though otherwise.

Wyatt+

Jan 15, 2020
I would (personally) swap Bloodborne with Dark Souls.

Other then that, great top 10 right there.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Those of you with taste wanting to know if the real games made it.

78. Destiny
33. RDR
20. Fallout New Vegas
12. Bloodborne
11. RDR2
2. Dark Souls

They did. Missed the mark on not including Transistor and NMS, but close enough.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
It's maybe missing a sports game or two, but this is probably the most varied "of the decade" list I've seen, and probably my favourite (even if my beloved LiS isn't there). Mostly good mix of genres, across all different levels of production from AAA to indie. Particular shout-out to having Hitman that high.

OP
OP
Violet

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
It's maybe missing a sports game or two, but this is probably the most varied "of the decade" list I've seen, and probably my favourite (even if my beloved LiS isn't there). Mostly good mix of genres, across all different levels of production from AAA to indie. Particular shout-out to having Hitman that high.

I actually love the bottom 50 the most, some great PC/indie gems in there