• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
Disappointed at no Mortal Kombat (2011, X,11) anywhere despite the rebirth of the franchise as a whole, yet Tekken 7 made the list.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Really, BotW at that place is mind blowing to me, probably the most overrated game of the decade.
PGzX9ru.gif

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really, BotW at that place is mind blowing to me, probably the most overrated game of the decade.

After my first play through with more than 200 hours into it, I would have disagreed with you.

Replaying it now alongside my second play through of The Witcher 3 and...yes...you are correct.

It's not holding up well for me at all. It's boring as shit and I don't know why I'm even bothering.

The Witcher 3 is the one true GOTG.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
""Hearts of Stone" is a superb 10-hour campaign, and possibly the highlight of all of The Witcher 3."

Can't argue with that! Definitely my favorite chunk from the entire 150 hours or so I put into TW3.

However, I put 300+ hours into BOTW over two playthroughs. I arguably enjoyed my second time through it even more.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After my first play through with more than 200 hours into it, I would have disagreed with you.

Replaying it now alongside my second play through of The Witcher 3 and...yes...you are correct.

It's not holding up well for me at all. It's boring as shit and I don't know why I'm even bothering.

........this is sarcasm right?

"Yeah the first 200 hours I played was amazing but then it got boring."

Any game that lasted me 200 hours would go on my list I'm sorry.

DNgamers

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
A sign for best game of the decade when the honeymoon phase becomes the accepted unanimous opinion a few years later. BotW <3

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019

That's always been a take that I just can't understand from people. If I'm not feeling a game, I'll bounce pretty quickly from it. I've read some people playing up to 8-10 hours before ducking out. Putting 200 hours into a single-player campaign means that the game has the player absolutely gripped.

Flevance

Oct 28, 2017
The whole list would be good if they just declared BoTW as the GOTD and left the rest unranked

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

No no. I finished the game to my satisfaction. But then I was actually craving to go back to it.

I did so at the same time I was replaying The Witcher 3 and I started to find things about BotW that I really couldn't gel with. It's bereft of detail, it's monotonous, the object and character model pop-in is horrendous...I could go on.

Upon reexamination I just don't see anything close to a "masterpiece". It's just a very good game.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No no. I finished the game to my satisfaction. But then I was actually craving to go back to it.

I did so at the same time I was replaying The Witcher 3 and I started to find things about BotW that I really couldn't gel with. It's bereft of detail, it's monotonous, the object and character model pop-in is horrendous...I could go on.

Upon reexamination I just don't see anything close to a "masterpiece". It's just a very good game.
Different strokes I guess. I absolutely think it's a masterpiece.

I've just always been confused by "yeah I pored a fuck ton of time into it but it sucks." It pops up surprisingly often.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Different strokes I guess. I absolutely think it's a masterpiece.

I've just always been confused by "yeah I pored a fuck ton of time into it but it sucks." It pops up surprisingly often.

Never said it sucks. Just said it's boring as shit on replay and it's flaws have become even more glaring the second time around. A very good game, but not a masterpiece.

That's where I stand on it.

Anti

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Australia

I am with you, the only difference is O got bored during my first playthrough. Everyone has a right to their own opinion, but the difference between BotW and the others who are up on the list is how little influence it had on other games. Anyway, as I said before, one of the most overrated games of the decade.

KingTrainJumper

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2020
I clicked on this thread expecting TLOU to be #1, it's not even in the top 10. Damn.

I agree with the BOTW pick. Such an incredible game.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hitman is great. I've always been a fan of the series, and while there are some design decisions I do not like so well in the newer games, they really are the best in the franchise.

Everyone really should give it a try. It's probably the game in their top 10 that has the smallest group of people touting its greatness.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nier and Hitman are the only 2 I'm kind of ??? despite how good they are. Nier more-so surprised. I'd have expected Skyrim.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Funny that by their own rules, a 5/5 game for them in tlou couldn't even make it into the top 10 (17, really?) And God of war is 62!!!
Not that it really matters because editors/staff and opinions can change over time, but did any game in the top 10 not receive 5/5 from USGamer?

Last edited:

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently there was only one driving game from the last decade worth mentioning in the top 100 games of the last decade.

What a fucked up time for us fans of the genre :/

StarStorm

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Could easily switch #1 and 2. Even #3 could switch places with #1 and I be okay with it.