FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Mantis was great. Hopefully she survives IW so we can get more character growth with her. She was mainly a comedic foil to Drax in Guardians 2, but I found her naïveté endearing, and something you can work with in future Guardians movies. Especially since they're so gray area, and she comes off as lawful neutral/good. It's a fun dynamic to have and play around with. Her power set could also be useful for them to utilize beyond laughs, as she highlighted near the end of G2.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When it comes to "how are they balancing all these characters?!", from what we might be able to tell from yesterday's leak:

Infinity War has two plotlines that it goes back and forth from. The Avengers trying to stop the Black Order from getting the Infinity Stones kept on Earth while the Guardians hunt down Thanos who is trying to find the ones left in space. I assume the last scene is the Avengers + Guardians encountering Thanos on Earth, leading into Avengers 4.

HHGaming

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All these people are going to be in 1 fucking movie? My Lord.

That was my problem
Will enjoy my 2min of spiderman i guess
I still think they need to reduce the amount of side or not very important charcters

I expect them actually to shoot scenes based on team a and team b etc instead of focusing at each charatcer

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City
Mantis was great. Hopefully she survives IW so we can get more character growth with her. She was mainly a comedic foil to Drax in Guardians 2, but I found her naïveté endearing, and something you can work with in future Guardians movies. Especially since they're so gray area, and she comes off as lawful neutral/good. It's a fun dynamic to have and play around with. Her power set could also be useful for them to utilize beyond laughs, as she highlighted near the end of G2.

Imagine if she unleashes the whole of Hulk's anger! :O

I don't know ... she could've singlehandedly ended Guardians 2 about an hour and a half sooner while Kurt Russell was sleeping.

She was trying to make Drax like her :(

lordlad

Banned for trolling with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Singapore
That was my problem
Will enjoy my 2min of spiderman i guess
I still think they need to reduce the amount of side or not very important charcters

I expect them actually to shoot scenes based on team a and team b etc instead of focusing at each charatcer

isn't that what every crossover comic issues were about?

i think it can work for marvel because there's isn't a need to introduce audience who these characters anymore and just get right to the action. Dr. Strange and Antman can show up without any additional 'explanation' done to the audience on what their powers are because we've already knew.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I hope they did not get rid of Punished Cap (Bearded Captain America). He looked the coolest in that comic con poster.

SJPN

Oct 27, 2017
All these people are going to be in 1 fucking movie? My Lord.

Well, all/most of them will be in two movies, along with some more characters like Captain Marvel, as Avenger's 4 is a direct follow up and finale to Infinity War.

I've just realised that both Ant-Man and Wasp are in the group photos. I was sure that Feige confirmed that Wasp at least wouldn't be included until A4, so to not lessen her début in Ant-Man & the Wasp. I guess she'd now back in.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
This is gonna be a total clusterfuck, isn't it? Seems like way too many characters for one movie (to echo what many others have already said).

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why are people mentioning no room for character development in this movie? Pretty much every character had enough development in there solo movies. every character had their time to shine. Now it's the grand finale.

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is gonna be a total clusterfuck, isn't it? Seems like way too many characters for one movie (to echo what many others have already said).

Who said its going to be a clusterfuck? Russo's have demonstrated they can handle a movie with lots of characters. The great thing about MCU is all these characters have had their origin stories and introductions. So now we can focus on Thanos and the Black Order.

This movie is going to be great.

AlexCampy89

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
In an old interview I've read that Spidey will get as much as the same screentime from Civil war (which was 20 minutes of Spider-man and 10 of Peter Parker) and GOTGs screen time was more or less the same.

So this is mainly an Avengers movie, with other characters making prolonged, glorified cameos.

I wrote this just to reassure people, too many characters is not going to be a problem. The main heroes are still Iron Man, Cap, Thor and maybe Hulk, BW and Hawkeye.

MasterVampire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Missing some heroes:
agents-shield-chloe-b4kp3p.jpg
Isn't AoS not canon now?

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
even though i haven't really followed it outside of daredevil it kind of sucks that there seems to be no chance of a crossover with the netflix universe like initially hinted at. i guess i can appreciate that this gives the netflix teams more freedom (especially in regards to maturer content) but seeing spider-man stumbling onto murdock and pals and subsequently discovering the existence of street-level super team would be pretty rad. i guess at this point there's too much incongruity to make it work.

Peristerium

Oct 28, 2017
man whenever there's a shot like this:

and this:

featuring literally all of the characters so far, I legitimately will probably start crying in the theater

A of Ultron gets a lot of flack for being all over the place but this major final fight was so so cool in my book.

Later, Chris Hemsworth mentioned that very moment to me. "I thought, Could somebody take a photo of this? We're all aware that this is going to be the last time we get to hang out like this."

I want to cry :(

Stahp! The film is not out yet. I don't want to grief so soon.

Last edited:

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
even though i haven't really followed it outside of daredevil it kind of sucks that there seems to be no chance of a crossover with the netflix universe like initially hinted at. i guess i can appreciate that this gives the netflix teams more freedom (especially in regards to maturer content) but seeing spider-man stumbling onto murdock and pals and subsequently discovering the existence of street-level super team would be pretty rad. i guess at this point there's too much incongruity to make it work.
I mean, Spider-Man has teamed up with Daredevil tons of times in the comics.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

That's not how it works.

It downgrades the mcu in my head.

And that doesn't make sense. AoS S2 and S4 are better than many movies in the MCU. Hell, S4 might be the best piece of media in the MCU.

Arguments can of course be made for some of the Netflix seasons as well. (Let's not get into arguing about that though. Some seasons are divisive on Era/GAF and people will just argue back and forth.)

Edit: And the early word is that Runaways might be joining the ranks as well. I haven't watched it yet but I've heard very good things.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Man, fire the photographer. Sorry. Somehow, they've managed to make absolutely everyone look worse than usual. These covers are brutal.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I don't quite agree and it's actually why I like the Marvel heroins. While not a bad looking group, they are a far cry from the airbrushed super models they could have easily been tempted to use. They, along with the regular-Joe-looking male stars, really help to ground the movies.
Lol what? Chris Hemsworth? Chris Evans? Pratt? Bautista? Tom Hiddleston? Chadwick Boseman? Come on.