Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616

Is he playing Mar-Vell?

tenor.gif

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In the article:

"Law will be playing Doctor Walter Lawson, a.k.a. Mar-Vell, who becomes a mentor of sorts to Danvers as she tries to figure out her new powers."

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure who mar-vell is? He looks like the capt marvel before carol danvers?

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope that he can interact with Robert Downy Jr at some point in the MCU, probably the closest we'll ever get to Sherlock Holmes 3.

Deleted member 2625

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i am never ever going to get over how dumb the name "Mar-vell" is

i know the legal origin I just hate it

Gazele

Oct 25, 2017
Could be cool if he ends up being a villan (at least in my head), no one would really expect it

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The article also says that Sherlock 3 is in development.

And with the movie being set in the '90s, I doubt he'll be interacting with RDJ.
Wait, Captain Marvel isn't set in the current timeline? Damn, I thought that we'd see her in Infinity War.

Also, they've been saying that Sherlock 3 is in development since forever, I don't believe it.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, Captain Marvel isn't set in the current timeline? Damn, I thought that we'd see her in Infinity War.

Also, they've been saying that Sherlock 3 is in development since forever, I don't believe it.

Its assumed that she'll be the tide-turner in Avengers 4.

Last edited:

Broken Joystick

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
England

The film is set in the '90s but I'm sure there'll be a time-jump / explanation into how she ties into Infinity War (or Avengers 4).

Playco Armboy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Please, please, PLEASE don't go the usual origin story route of having Mar-vell die midway through the second act.

junk

Nov 1, 2017

I'm pretty sure she will still show up in Avengers 3 or 4 someway somehow. I feel Janet coming back from the Quantum Realm kinda foreshadows this happening.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
And people were convinced they weren't gonna have Mar-Vell.

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
Better be his usual accent and not his woeful American attempt that is like nails on a chalkboard, same goes to Cumberbatch.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't Marv have like eight illegitimate children in the comics?

He's probably just trying to pawn his powers off so he can skip town again more easily without being noticed.