• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York

Despite a report that Amber Heard was fired from her role as Mera in "Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom," a source tells Variety that she has not been cut from the movie.

Furthermore, a spokesperson for Heard told Variety, "The rumor mill continues as it has from day one — inaccurate, insensitive, and slightly insane."

Heard previously played the key role of Mera in the first "Aquaman," as well as appearing in "Justice League" and the reconfigured "Zack Snyder's Justice League."

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
if it isn't from variety, deadline, or THR don't trust it

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Considering the company WB happily keep it's not shocking. But I'm also not expecting her work relationship to be any good After the WB guy testified against her in court

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
She's a sunk cost. She's a known abuser that can't act. Just write her out of the movie and I'm sure it'll be fine in the end.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sunk cost. Too late. Fine. But if they don't replace her with Emilia Clarke in the next one then fuck them.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
"Even somebody who is sure I'm deserving of all this hate and vitriol, even if you think that I'm lying, you still couldn't look me in the eye and tell me that you think on social media there's been a fair representation," she said. "You cannot tell me that you think that this has been fair."

Could someone please be a dear and tell her that social media DOESN'T HAVE TO BE FAIR OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDD

Mancha

alt account
Banned
Oct 23, 2021
if it isn't from variety, deadline, or THR don't trust it
Yeah I should know better. Thought for a hot minute that JustJared would have credible sources like TMZ despite both being gossip websites but they are definitely not trades.

Either way, fuck Ezra Miller, fuck Warner Bros. Discovery and fuck David Zaslav for still keeping quiet with the Ezra Miller grooming a Native American kid since they were 12 years old.

I don't like Amber Heard and she is an abuser that got caught on her lies after years of the majority of people supporting her, myself included, but I really couldn't care less if she will keep her role for Aquaman 2 or not. If I don't support Warner Bros. Discovery further, it's more about how they are dealing with the Ezra Miller shitshow than this, besides Heard will really need the money to pay for her defamation lawsuit sentence and legal fees. I say recast everyone, just keep Robert Pattinson's Batman and James Gunn's Suicide Squad, or maybe not even that.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes it feels like WB is trying to sink the DC movies. Tune in next week to meet the new Batman, Kevin Spacey.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
There's no point in firing her at this point. Either recast her or retire the character in future movies.

Stath

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Mar 4, 2022
I don't care how hard it is for them, I'm not even touching this movie unless they kick her out.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
After the media and a good chunk of online progressives fell behind Heard even after she lost the trial, I'm betting WB just feels like they would suffer an even bigger shitstorm if they wound up (rightfully) sacking her.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
I read her role and screen time in the movie has been reduced at least? I can't see her in future movies anymore, good riddance.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be mad uncomfortable watching this movie with people booing and hissing at the screen when she shows up.

That whole trial was a total circus that ended up poisoning people's minds.

Mancha

alt account
Banned
Oct 23, 2021
After the media and a good chunk of online progressives fell behind Heard even after she lost the trial, I'm betting WB just feels like they would suffer an even bigger shitstorm if they wound up (rightfully) sacking her.
I'm tired of this narrative. "Online progressives" aren't a monolith hive mind, neither are conservatives or right wing / alt right scumbags. Repeating this ad nauseam makes it look like Amber Heard is getting support from "progressives" while Johnny Depp is getting support from "conservatives", when the actual truth is that Depp is getting vast more support online than Heard and that's because with the trial, people came to know what actually happened in the course of their relationship.

Also, I'd highly suggest people to google some of Amber Heard's staunchest Twitter blue check supporters "online" on Twitter. Some of the most vocal are heavily linked with TERFs, particularly some prominent names from articles that are coming from the UK and getting republished in the US by the likes of Rolling Stone and NY Times. There is no blanket protection for Amber Heard among progressives, like we can tell from any social media app or this very message board, besides MRAs, alt right and TERFs trying to co-opt the trial to their own means. In fact, today Savannah Guthrie's interview with Amber Heard was one of the biggest call outs that she has ever endured by mainstream media in six years, and rightfully so.

E-bite

Oct 24, 2018
Only 2 DCEU movies I ever watched were BvS & Snyder Cut, the latter was "okay" but that's about it. would gladly never watch any of their upcoming films.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
She can't be fired she already filmed her scenes and was already paid.

But it's disappointing they didn't cut an abuser from the movie. But they still have a year to decide to cut her scenes out.

We_care_a_lot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Summerside PEI
User Banned (1 Month): Dismissive commentary in multiple threads, antagonizing other users, long history of infractions
I assume this is sarcasm?

Because the "online frenzy" is about not wanting a proven abuser to be rewarded with a big payday and be featured in a movie aimed at a younger audience.
I don't think she's a proven abuser at all, I think she's a victim of abuse.

Yah I watched the trial, yah I read all the blah blah blah.

Y'all are weird on this one. The cognitive dissonance must be tough

'Why do all these smart progressive people I like support amber heard'

Why indeed.

Also by 'online frenzy' I'm obviously referring to all the disgusting TikTok memes and rape jokes etc etc.

Y'all can say that stuff is good and ok but don't pretend that comes from any sort of 'progressive' values or a desire to stick up for abuse victims

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I don't think she's a proven abuser at all, I think she's a victim of abuse.

Yah I watched the trial, yah I read all the blah blah blah.

Y'all are weird on this one. The cognitive dissonance must be tough

'Why do all these smart progressive people I like support amber heard'

Why indeed.

Also by 'online frenzy' I'm obviously referring to all the disgusting TikTok memes and rape jokes etc etc.

Y'all can say that stuff is good and ok but don't pretend that comes from any sort of 'progressive' values or a desire to stick up for abuse victims
The only victim of abuse is Johnny Depp and we know this for a fact because Amber Heard recorded herself admitting she hit Depp and presented it as evidence.

A reminder that Heard recorded herself not only admitting she hit him but also her mocking him as a male abuse victim.

Can you imagine what Heard said to Depp when she wasn't recording herself?

Mancha

alt account
Banned
Oct 23, 2021
I think that's different from being "fired" though

The film is in the can.

They can cut her out, perhaps they will if test audiences do not like seeing her, but I imagine she is getting paid regardless
She already filmed and they would have to pay her. If they indeed end up recasting her, I doubt that she would even be aware that it's happening. I still think it's odd that the initial report came out as a JustJared exclusive and WB hasn't commented on this, just Amber Heard's camp. I agree that JustJared is just an online gossip website, but they do usually have good connected sources. I think it's more likely than not that she wasn't recast, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's what ends up happening. I don't think WB would want the kind of controversy going on, even more so with Ezra Miller's situation.

If I ever boycott WB, it won't be because this decision though. Amber Heard is a domestic abuser that is still running behind Johnny Depp in figurative bedrooms even after the trial, but she isn't a child abuser neither leader of a Manson-esque sex cult. If I ever drop WB's support it will be because they are actively acting as Ezra Miller's enablers by staying quiet, not for keeping Amber Heard or not. I agree, they can't fire her neither not pay her, it would be a situation similar to Johnny Depp and Fantastic Beasts.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
It would cost too much to recast either. If the heat gets too hot for WB, they'll just excise her from the film completely. As for Miller, it's looking more likely by the day that Flash is going to be dumped on HBO Max at 3am on a random day with no publicity. Her role is insignificant, Miller is the whole damn movie. They will not spend that much time and money for a redo.