Oct 27, 2017
Tbh I would think they'd be too far into production to make any major changes anyway.

But it's not like I was planning on watching the movie anyway so eh

Rivyn

Oct 26, 2017
Tbh I would think they'd be too far into production to make any major changes anyway.

But it's not like I was planning on watching the movie anyway so eh

There are times where you have to take your losses as a studio and start over. Reputation damage is far more severe in the long run.

There are two movies coming out in the nearby future; The Flash and Aquaman 2, that have such controversial people playing a role that you can not keep on ignoring it.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I could have sworn recent screenings gave her 30 to 40 minutes of screentime. At least from what I saw multiple people post. Of course it can absolutely be fake but yeah thats what I saw like a week ago. That the less than 10 minutes thing is fake and that its actually 30 to 40ish minutes of her in Aquaman 2.

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
Christ, what a nasty little island of misogyny this thread is. Surprised to see it on Era.

If you honestly think Depp isn't an abuser you weren't paying attention to the trial, or some of the things he has actually admitted.
I'd love to actually talk to someone who did watch the trial and still believes her... But you're probably just trolling, so I dunno.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Christ, what a nasty little island of misogyny this thread is. Surprised to see it on Era.

If you honestly think Depp isn't an abuser you weren't paying attention to the trial, or some of the things he has actually admitted.

You didn't watch the trial at all, and you basically just announced it to everyone after you barged in and shit on everyone for being a misogynist.

Yall REALLY gotta stop doing this shit. At some point self reflection should at least force you to be curious enough to wonder why so many progressive people (that you can clearly tell paid closer attention to the trial than you did) have this viewpoint.

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands

As someone who's girlfriend spend way too much time watching every single moment of trial, I can assure you that this is not the conclusion any rational sane person would come to.

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully she is in the film for the absolute bare minimum to serve the plot and gets recast for the next film. Dumb piece of shit torpedoed her own career because she's an abuser and a pathological liar.

I don't think she's a proven abuser at all, I think she's a victim of abuse.

Yah I watched the trial, yah I read all the blah blah blah.

Y'all are weird on this one. The cognitive dissonance must be tough

'Why do all these smart progressive people I like support amber heard'

Why indeed.

Also by 'online frenzy' I'm obviously referring to all the disgusting TikTok memes and rape jokes etc etc.

Y'all can say that stuff is good and ok but don't pretend that comes from any sort of 'progressive' values or a desire to stick up for abuse victims

EDIT - you know what, it's not fucking worth it. Enjoy the ban.

Oct 27, 2017

Hey, I did not watch all of the trial so could you please provide links for the evidence in the trial that he is an abuser and the times he has admitted to being an abuser please? Cool, thanks.

Dec 7, 2017
My hopes of Tig Notaro continuing to replace cancelled actors, like they did in Army of the Dead, is cancelled with this news :'(
Hopefully they can be The Flash instead.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You gonna be even more surprised by your ban i guess. Being progressive doesn't mean that when a woman is an abuser, you still have to defend her. Facts have been showed and Heard is guilty of abuse. So she's treated like one. What is hard to understand here ? And why do you feel the need to minimize abuse by doing your "both sides" bullshit ?

Mutedpenguin

Dec 5, 2017
Always a tricky spot for WB.

Recast prior to the case and they'd have looked really bad if Heard won (even if the recast was due to poor chemistry with Jason Momoa).

Recast/reshoot now and they'll still get torn to shreds by supposed progressive media, who can't accept the result of the trial.

Don't recast/edit her out/reshoot... and they'll likely lose a couple hundred million in ticket sales.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Gatorland

Your problem is you're treating this like a false dilemma scenario; because some obvious bad faith actors are taking victory laps doesn't negate the reality that Heard was indeed an abuser. There was no conspiracy in the trial, her and her witness' testimonies had too many contradictions.

Keyframe

Oct 29, 2017
It would cost too much to recast either. If the heat gets too hot for WB, they'll just excise her from the film completely. As for Miller, it's looking more likely by the day that Flash is going to be dumped on HBO Max at 3am on a random day with no publicity. Her role is insignificant, Miller is the whole damn movie. They will not spend that much time and money for a redo.

They can't do that because isn't flash supposed to be the movie that kicks off DC multiverse? They are in a really shit spot. I was talking to some friends working on the vfx for it and apparently they don't have any idea whats going on, their schedules are all fucked.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Oct 25, 2017

show the evidence that is anywhere near as credible as Heard admitting she hit him and complaining that he runs away from arguments or the audio not shown in the trial where it is strongly inferred by her that she severed his finger. good luck. it's going to have to be a hell of a revelation to back up you steaming into a thread of people (with many having followed the trial at length who have discussed it in the main trial thread) and accusing them of misogyny.

Last edited:

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017

I have a feeling you didn't even watch the trial.

Fake progressives at it again.

game-biz

Oct 25, 2017

You watched the trial and this is your takeaway? Fucking gross.

Idde

Oct 27, 2017

Criticizing a female abuser is not misogyny, that's such cheap and disingenuous bullshit. Like saying all criticism of Israel is antisemitism.

I paid a LOT of attention to the trial, and feel entirely confident in saying Depp never physically abused Heard, and all the harmful things he said were in response to her abuse.

Thinking Heard is not an abuser is discounting all of the evidence in the trial, purely because she is a woman.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
They can't do that because isn't flash supposed to be the movie that kicks off DC multiverse? They are in a really shit spot. I was talking to some friends working on the vfx for it and apparently they don't have any idea whats going on, their schedules are all fucked.
If it actually comes out that Miller did in fact, undeniably ABDUCT A HUMAN BEING, they won't even be able to do a HBO Max dump.

Scrap the film, pursue insurance reimbursement, and cut their losses.

Oct 30, 2017

The great thing about this post is I can just copy and paste the ban reason from the poster on page 1 when I report you because you jabronis are all the fucking same.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Just get rid of her. She's not even a good actor and her role is supposedly pretty minor anyway

astro

Oct 25, 2017

The evidence showed Heard to be the abuser. Depp clearly had issues, especially with substance abuse, but he was the victim and justice was served.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I figured based on how the headlines were generally from random websites I'd never heard of.

Deleted member 93841

User-requested account closure
Banned
Mar 17, 2021
It makes me sad to think that the movie is probably going to take a bit of a knock due to her presence in it. Momoa seems like a solid person and it would suck if his movie suffers because of her.