• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Scarecrow

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
DpbLv8jVAAAKyNp.jpg
The movie did feel like a 90 minute couple's spat.

Oct 25, 2017
cant complain, the intense and humorous bromance is basically the main driving force behind my lady actually wanting to see this movie

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Like, it has long been canon that the Venom symbiote fell in love with Peter and Eddie was a rebound. They've just also more recently done more work developing its relationship with Eddie too. And, as I said, they're basically raising Eddie's son and Sleeper, Venom's 7th offspring, together now.
Peter has beaten Venom a few times by saying " Baby I was wrong, come back home"

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've seen enough bara fanart about this, i can't get enough though lmao. I'm in.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
During the 90s when more symbiotes started showing up they called Carnage and Venom sexual deviants. To them working with your host was akin to fucking your sandwich

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Love it, LMAO. I half-ironically shipped it already.

This was basically canon in the movie, right? Like Venom talked about love in direct reference to Eddie at the end. And they fought like a married couple and pined after each other to the point where other characters remarked on it multiple times.

In any case I'm glad I'm not alone in recognizing the romantic and of course erotic potential of a big buff tentacle alien with a prehensile tongue. Eddie needs to acknowledge what a lucky man he is. He don't need no woman as long as he's got a symbiote who loves him.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Love it, LMAO. I half-ironically shipped it already.

This was basically canon in the movie already, right? Like Venom talked about love in direct reference to Eddie at the end.

it's basically canon in the comics, this is like one of the most faithful thing about these movies. the symbiote was obsessed with Peter, practically in love with him and wanted to bond with only him, and Eddie was its rebound after it got rejected.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
it's basically canon in the comics, this is like one of the most faithful thing about these movies. the symbiote was obsessed with Peter, practically in love with him and wanted to bond with only him, and Eddie was its rebound after it got rejected.
Wow, I didn't know this but I heartily approve.

During the 90s when more symbiotes started showing up they called Carnage and Venom sexual deviants. To them working with your host was akin to fucking your sandwich
😂

Relationship goals 😩

Monster fuckers finally getting the mainstream acceptance furries have enjoyed since the Zootopia renaissance. I thought things would be different after Shape of Water and now our time is coming.
We're here, we're queer, and we're just as valid as people who, for some reason, don't want to get pounded out six ways from Sunday by a hunky goo monster.

Last edited:

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Can't wait for both Hardy's Venom and Deadpool to get obsessed with MCU Spidey, realize he is a bore (and too young in this universe), and wind up fucking each other instead.

Yeah, i'm putting it out into the universe

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
The only thing I dislike about it is that I feel like no one, not even Sony as crazy as they going with this, has the courage to put it to screen. But... I want it. I wanna see Tom Hardy do this. I know in my heart he would want this.
He would absolutely be down for it. Dude is fearless. I would love for Sony to throw caution to the wind and be like "Yes, this guy and his monster boyfriend are in a long term relationship."

DpbLv8jVAAAKyNp.jpg
The movie did feel like a 90 minute couple's spat.
I didn't expect to be mildly aroused by a blushing Venom today, but here we are.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Sorry squares but this is hot.

3QvjIeP.jpg

New Avengers Annual Vol. 1.3/Marvel Comics

Can't wait for both Hardy's Venom and Deadpool to get obsessed with MCU Spidey, realize he is a bore (and too young in this universe), and wind up fucking each other instead.

One way or another, I'm going to will this into existence.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Yes please. They would totally be FWB. Fucking, killing pieces of shit criminals, and eating weird-ass food combos.

Jun 17, 2019
Trying to recall, but wasn't Toxic also close to his partner? And Venom had a thing for Flash too when he had him,them. Oh and Tom Defalco had Noriega Osborn have Venom in Spider girl, apparently there they identified as female. Or at least identified with a female train of thought.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
I was just joking, but this might actually be close to what the plot of the next movie will be if Spider-man actually shows up .
www.resetera.com

How do you think the Tom Holland Spider-Man and Tom Hardy Venom crossover will be like

They're already teasing that Venom and Eddy are in a relationship(She-Venom, Eddie's ex's partner saying that they need couples counseling). Just have Spider-man show up, and Venom seeing Spider-man in action is tempted to "cheat" on Eddy with Spider-man and play it like a comedy. Venom bonds...

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
There is quite literally a scene where Venom (who has temporarily separated from Eddie) attends a rave, and talks about coming out of the 'Eddie closet', before turning down a woman asking for a kiss - saying she's 'not his type'. This is followed by a gag where Venom makes an impromptu speech to the crowd about how aliens are treated in society, and the importance of tolerance.

Draw your own conclusions.
What the fuck man do I need to watch this movie??

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Monster fuckers finally getting the mainstream acceptance furries have enjoyed since the Zootopia renaissance. I thought things would be different after Shape of Water and now our time is coming.
XD but true, I'm here for it.
Like, it has long been canon that the Venom symbiote fell in love with Peter and Eddie was a rebound. They've just also more recently done more work developing its relationship with Eddie too. And, as I said, they're basically raising Eddie's son and Sleeper, Venom's 7th offspring, together now.
YES

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
lol I said this and people didn't want to believe it
Trying to recall, but wasn't Toxic also close to his partner? And Venom had a thing for Flash too when he had him,them. Oh and Tom Defalco had Noriega Osborn have Venom in Spider girl, apparently there they identified as female. Or at least identified with a female train of thought.
I believe they are a father-kid

Basically the cop raised him from scratch which is why Toxin is calmer than Venom and the others. At night he would let him "play" as symbiotes need to unwind at some point.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom

After watching this, Serkis and Hardy seem pretty sincere about approaching Eddie and Venom as lovers having a rough patch.

Sony letting it slide is probably down to it being played for laughs though.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
I mean Russia have made Eternals an 18+ because it depicts a gay relationship. Seems that it's not going to be able to be cut out otherwise it wouldn't have been rated in Russia as an 18+ 🤷‍♀️

I don't know about that, didn't they do that with Beauty and the Beast too?

Which was Disney tossing the queer community a chicken bone in the form of a slapstick comedy villain, whose queerness was barely represented, then used to make a big deal about what a progressive studio they are.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Isn't the Venom Symbiote non-binary, as in literally genderless?

Or does gender get imprinted on it, and if so, does that mean if a woman got Brock's imprinted Symbiote, it would try and make her more masculine much like it would give her spider-powers imprinted on it by Peter?

Either way, they make a cute couple.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
I don't know about that, didn't they do that with Beauty and the Beast too?

Which was Disney tossing the queer community a chicken bone in the form of a slapstick comedy villain, whose queerness was barely represented, then used to make a big deal about what a progressive studio they are.

In all honesty I haven't followed much if not any of the Disney live action remakes apart from knowing they were in production 😅

I didn't even know or remember a Beauty and the Beast remake even existed 😅

Yeah Disney suck at that. I'm not holding my breath with Eternals. Although this Venom and Eddie situation doesn't seem any different? It's just the director going, oh yeah they're in a gay relationship, and that's it.