KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
nailed the look of venom and i'm really liking this inner struggle/madness angle. hardy seems to be pulling it off great too. almost reminds me of the darkness video games.

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
Weird... not even a spider symbol on him (for obvious reasons). Sony should have waited to put Holland in it before they jumped at the chance.

This looks like that Catwoman movie that didn't even have Batman.

MrBS

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
lol this looks like the good kind of terrible, I will be there day one.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
At least the film won't be complete trash since Venom looks good. Seems like it might be fun in a dumb action way.

SuperSplit

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I want Forman back.

Yes I said it, I f'n said it.

OUT!!! GET THE FUCK OUT!!!! You disgusting creature!

you guys are so harsh lmao.

Love Venom, cant wait to see this.

Love the 'venom' voice.

Ikr, to many automatic assumptions that it's going to be ass, seems like alot of non-mcu hate too, I really don't think mcu matters with venom, yeah no Spiderman, big deal.
You think mcu would have even given venom a movie, if they did he'd be treated like a joke, no R rating, popping quips every other second. I like mcu, but people that love it must have comedy down as there favourite genre.

Last edited:

Brutalitops

Dec 6, 2017
jwWOVE5.jpg

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
'In association with' Marvel aka 'leave us out of this'

I didn't think it was that bad, but I'm not convinced either. I just hope the Venom reveal isn't just the finale, but if the trailer spells out the plot it may be just that. "Why would we do that?" was a pretty funny line, I like the awkward acting from Hardy.

Oct 25, 2017
That looked... awful. The dialogue, and especially Tom Hardy's accent and acting. I didn't expect him to be the worst part of this movie...

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Full Venom face was nice but this looks bad. Seems like a waste on Hardy and Ahmed's talent.

Hard pass from me, might "acquire" when it comes releases and watch on tv.

I see Spidey is rumoured to be in this but Marvel might want to stay clear of this one, for real.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean if they wanted to use a symbiote in the MCU they can just use one of the dozen or so Venom offsprings they got lying around.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Sym-bye-ot ? I always thought its sym-bee-ote.

i've heard it said both ways. i think sym-bye-ot makes more sense when you consider the word symbiotic (sym-bye-ot-ic) but then i've heard people pronounce symbiotic "sym-bee-ot-ic" too. i think it's an english/american thing tbh. like i'd call an antibiotic an "ant-eye-bi-ot-ic" but i've heard americans pronounce it "ant-e-bi-ot-ic" too. the joys of the pronunciation. lol

GraveRobberX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed the trailer

Thank fuck finally we have a Venoem saying "We" and not "I" like that stupid shit in Spider-Man 3

I'll give this movie a shot, I mean they nailed Venom and the symbiote personality

I'm right now mildly curious, on my radar

Urban Scholar

Oct 30, 2017
Florida
To me, it's "wrong". But I don't see how it is confusing? Stuff has been shitty/wrongly/loosely adapted before. And characters has shared not much else than the name with the comic character before.

I mean to say. Who is Eddie in this movie?

The trailers tell us he's a reporter with some kind of moral code. But Brock is an angry frustrated man that projected off Pete right?

I guess they can play that angle here. The reason Venom works originally; they both held a deep contempt for him. Then they became 1.

I'm going to see it sure. Just confused on how they'll spin it. So far I'm like...hmm

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
Trailer has nothing to do with the comics at all, but that's ok. Looks like a blatant rip-off of The Dark Knight meets Ant-Man, which isn't ok. I'll catch this on Netflix when it's out.

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
That was an awful trailer, but I loved Venom's look there at the end. Decent voice too (although I always hear the "We are Venom" from Marvel vs Capcom 2 in my head).

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like a very standard comic book movie. They say he's an anti-hero but the trailer didn't show much of that.

Oct 25, 2017
American accents are the only thing Hardy seems to struggle with.

Our Movie/TV culture is dominated by American material, us Brits shouldn't really have much trouble imitating them.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
I liked the trailer.

Hardy's accent was dumb and story wise seems generic but the voices and it seems like Venom is evil as fuck and will take over Brock so I'm in.

Venom being "good" isn't what I want so I hope they don't pull any punches.

The design is good too so I think if the movie does good (and it's decent) Marvel picking it up for a future Spidey movie would be great.

It's a shame we lose Tom Holland with the black suit but it is what it is.

Pilgore

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This movie is jaw-droppingly 90's looking. The flat palette, rubbery cgi, the gritty anti-hero, the motorcycle and wave after wave of dapper, nameless goons. It really looks like it crawled out of a pile of discarded Spawn VHS tapes.

I'm always happy to withhold judgement until the movie is actually out, but it's really not helping that the titular character looks like a Nailed It cake.

jmood88

Oct 28, 2017
This feels like it should be in that "movies from the early 2000's have aged horribly" thread.