OMG, YES!!! I'm down for all three and like the synopsis for each!

I think part of the nature of the show is exploring and toying with some of these questions rather than being particularly interested in answering them conclusively. Like, they will sometimes (as they did a bit in the most recent season) but will also create a bunch of new mysteries in the process. I don't think it's really a show that has an "endgame" as much as it's about the development of the core cast and the plotting is really just a vehicle to drive that development. I'm absolutely thrilled to be getting more content (I think it's the GOAT animated series straight up) but I honestly wouldn't expect it to be any more of a conclusion than Operation P.R.O.M. was (Season 4 finale).

Yeah, I know everything won't get an answer per say, but I would at the very least like to know about the boy's mother. And Scare Bear. XD

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
OMG, YES!!! I'm down for all three and like the synopsis for each!

Yeah, I know everything won't get an answer per say, but I would at the very least like to know about the boy's mother. And Scare Bear. XD
Yeah, not expecting a full wrap on everything, but at least covering their true mom and hashing out the Dean/Hank stuff would be perfect for me. I think they also need at least someone what of wrap on Rusty and Monarch here to close things out. Doc finally crushed under the weight of his celebrity and expectations is a fitting end for a man burdened by them for his entire life. Maybe he can get his peace in that wild alternate dimension space Hank spent most of the finale in.

Lionel Mandrake

Prophetic Lionel Mandrake
Oct 26, 2017
How they gonna wrap up everything for Venture Bros in a single movie???

Given that last season teased time travel, they could move through a lot of mysteries really quick. I'm trying to think of how many plot threads are left.

Jonas Sr's disappearance was solved, though now his head is possessed by OSI for unknown reasons.
It still isn't known who pulled the lever at Movie Night.
Doc's cloning as a child hasn't been elaborated on.
Hank and Dean are probably going to be at odds,
Hank and Dean's mother hasn't been explained.
Triad just got a new headquarters.
The Peril Partnership is up to some kind of power move.

I think it could be resolved in one movie, but I guess we'll see.

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
More ATHF content is great news. Between it's ratings + low production cost it could've kept going for a while, but Mike Lazzo decided to screw it over and almost all of Adult Swim's other shows. The more that tramples his "legacy" the better.
That dude is such a piece of shit and it'll never not piss me off how much praise he gets for jumpstarting AS.

If anything, all that goes to Clay Croker, who Lasso hated and treated like garbage. May he rest in piece.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Given that last season teased time travel, they could move through a lot of mysteries really quick. I'm trying to think of how many plot threads are left.

Jonas Sr's disappearance was solved, though now his head is possessed by OSI for unknown reasons.
It still isn't known who pulled the lever at Movie Night.
Doc's cloning as a child hasn't been elaborated on.
Hank and Dean are probably going to be at odds,
Hank and Dean's mother hasn't been explained.
Triad just got a new headquarters.
The Peril Partnership is up to some kind of power move.

I think it could be resolved in one movie, but I guess we'll see.
Well we also don't know if this movie is really the last we will get of the series too.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Time for Doc to foolishly invent time travel and doom them all!

Uhh don't your remember Grover Cleveland's time machine?

latest

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Why the change of heart from Adult Swim? I still remember the stream they had on their site of a printer printing out the word Metalocalypse with a trash can underneath it...

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Metalocalypse better be another heavy metal opera

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck. Yes. Especially on Venture Bros. I was hoping it would be picked up for some kind of continuation on HBO Max.

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
Super pleased with this news, especially for Venture Bros and Metalocalypse. The way adult swim treated the former though, they can forever fuck themselves.

Yeah, not expecting a full wrap on everything, but at least covering their true mom and hashing out the Dean/Hank stuff would be perfect for me. I think they also need at least someone what of wrap on Rusty and Monarch here to close things out. Doc finally crushed under the weight of his celebrity and expectations is a fitting end for a man burdened by them for his entire life. Maybe he can get his peace in that wild alternate dimension space Hank spent most of the finale in.

This actually sounds good tbh. Or any form of Doc finding a peaceful existence for himself and being content in life.

On a different note, hooray! More Metalocalypse music!! I hope the movie is another opera!

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Super pleased with this news, especially for Venture Bros and Metalocalypse. The way adult swim treated the former though, they can forever fuck themselves.
I was HUGE into the #metalocalypsenow thing. Sent THOUSANDS of guitar picks to Hulu, wrote letters and emails… I will never forget and never forgive the fax machine incident.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
This shot is from like S1, the testicular torsion one lol
Wasn't there a bit in season 7 with him?

Edit: Yes, it shows back up in S7.
venturebrothers.fandom.com

The Forecast Manufacturer

The Forecast Manufacturer is the ninth episode of Season 7 and the overall eightieth episode of The Venture Bros. A blizzard has entirely blanketed New York City in a thick layer of snow. Dr. Venture looks out at the snow-covered skyscrapers from the warmth and safety of his penthouse home in...

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
So if they start on the Venture Bros movie RIGHT NOW we should be able to watch it in like what... 5 years?

They were apparently in the process of writing season 8 when they heard they were cancelled, so they probably already have a starting point. Plus the actual animation process could end up faster this time with HBO Max money.

I'm still not expecting it for a while, but it shouldn't be that bad. Hopefully they'll put the show on HBO Max soon as well.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Brendon has been real quiet for a long time, just minor little things for 4 years, so I have to imagine that movie is somewhat far along. I'd hope, anyway, given the uncharacteristic silence. Willis and Maiellaro could've been trucking away too, though they've both had projects going regularly. VB just starting on a movie now, or recently though? Cartman cryo-freeze pic.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't there a bit in season 7 with him?

Edit: Yes, it shows back up in S7.
venturebrothers.fandom.com

The Forecast Manufacturer

The Forecast Manufacturer is the ninth episode of Season 7 and the overall eightieth episode of The Venture Bros. A blizzard has entirely blanketed New York City in a thick layer of snow. Dr. Venture looks out at the snow-covered skyscrapers from the warmth and safety of his penthouse home in...
Yup, just the image was from S1 :)

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brendon has been real quiet for a long time, just minor little things for 4 years, so I have to imagine that movie is somewhat far along. I'd hope, anyway, given the uncharacteristic silence. Willis and Maiellaro could've been trucking away too, though they've both had projects going regularly. VB just starting on a movie now, or recently though? Cartman cryo-freeze pic.
I legit thought he was doing Galaktikon 3 or trying to get some sort of animated Galaktikon pitch through this whole time.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
this is incredible news

I never checked out VB for some reason, but AQTF and Metalocalpyse were huge parts of my middle school days.

The worlds needs Dethalbum 4 now more than ever.

ErichWK

Oct 25, 2017
Sandy Eggo
Man, Venture Bros needs like at least one full season + a movie to finish everything. The last archs were getting so good. I recently got my girlfriend and our other best friend into the show during the pandemic and are now big fans.