• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
If they're just gonna drop announcements on Twitter, they should at least give us a heads up of when they're doing it beforehand

Nothing but random shadow drops wouldn't be as fun

Pat

Oct 27, 2017
They use the pandemic as an excuse, but the real reason is because the Starfox racing game from Retro Studios is not yet ready to be shown to the public.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
I'd say it's more important than ever but I understand why it's not happening. Most people are just sat at home bored, a Direct could potentially be a bright light in an otherwise bleak time.
Maybe earlier on in this situation but I don't think a package of advertisements is more important than ever at the minute, and probably not by June either. Further peaks will occur but people are getting used to the new normal

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
If the Mario games are coming, when will they announce them? They would need to do a Direct for that, not just announce them on Twitter.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Meh sakurai can just smash dlc on Twitter and I'll be happy

In June/ july i'll be too busy playing last of us part 2 / ghost of Tushumia anyway

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
At best I wouldn't put it passed Nintendo to do a mini-event based entirely on a sample of smaller first party projects (the Mario 35th Anniversary stuff, Smash updates, maybe a Bayonetta 3 teaser) and third party games that are in very close proximity to them (eg. Bravely Default 2, Ninjala updates, NMH3). Beyond that though? Think we're back to Twitter announcements.

Guess we'll find out more at their investor meeting.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
Well, at least the band-aid got ripped off now instead of later. Plus I don't feel like this news is all that surprising. It doesn't mean they won't have information or new game announcements, but I wouldn't expect anything beyond ports/remasters.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If they're just gonna drop announcements on Twitter, they should at least give us a heads up of when they're doing it beforehand

Nothing but random shadow drops wouldn't be as fun
That would lead to a lot people being disappointed when they're given time to speculate for something that ends up being not what they wanted.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Stinks but I've got a big ass wishlist of games I want to play. Plenty of stuff coming out I'm interested in May also.

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
Edit : Oops, for once I didn't read the whole post, my bad.

Waiting a bit is no big deal, but I hope they have big announcements planned for later given the success of the console.

Last edited:

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
EW3E6z-XQAApgqz.jpg:large

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
I think they emphasized "going". They're not going to do the direct in June. They're sitting it from home hosting the video. They're going nowhere ;)

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018

Deleted member 51789

Banned
Jan 9, 2019
I don't see what's wrong with letting people know when to check for new news

Like, "hey, tune in to our Twitter page this Wednesday for an update on Smash DLC and a few new games"

It's pretty simple
What's wrong with just finding out about the news without a heads up? People will talk about it and sites report on them anyway.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I don't see what's wrong with letting people know when to check for new news

Like, "hey, tune in to our Twitter page this Wednesday for an update on Smash DLC and a few new games"

It's pretty simple
I still feel like Smash's reveal will be streamed along the lines of Byleth. We don't even know who the ARMS character is yet. If we did know, then yeah, I could see us getting a shadow-drop. But even Terry had his streamed.

Deleted member 63122

Banned
Jan 16, 2020
Nintendo has been announcing things on Twitter for the past few weeks. Mario Maker update, Luigi´s Mansion Update and other smaller stuff, maybe they can go that route instead of a traditional direct?

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
There'll be A LOT of game release delay, I don't think Nintendo can release anything before September, yes there'll be a massive drought but not only Nintendo will be affected.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
What's wrong with just finding out about the news without a heads up? People will talk about it and sites report on them anyway.
Why do have a thread just for speculating about upcoming directs?

People like having a concrete announcement time to look forward to instead of news just popping up randomly