• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Red Kong XIX

Oct 11, 2020
www.videogameschronicle.com

The Game Awards security will be tightened to prevent another stage invasion, Geoff Keighley says | VGC

Incidents have happened at two of Keighley’s recent major…
In a recent Q&A stream on Twitch, Keighley was asked if he would be taking more security measures for this year's Game Awards to prevent a third stage invasion incident.

Keighley said he was, but didn't want to go into specifics so that would-be invaders wouldn't know the security plans in advance.
"Yeah, we are," he replied. "We don't want to talk about that stuff too publicly, just because it's security.

"We definitely have plans and we're trying to do all we can to keep me safe, but also everyone watching the show, the audience, people participating in the show and everything. It's certainly something we're thinking about. We appreciate the concern.

"Believe me, that's something that is top of mind for us, but we also want to put on a great show that celebrates these games, and celebrates our love of video games, so that's an important thing to keep in mind as well. But yeah, I appreciate the concern around that."

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Security guy tackles a dude to the ground.

"That was...the actual developer Greg. IT'S THE OTHER GUY."

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

gamescom-geoff-keighley.gif

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
As horrible as it must be, if some idiot manages to get up there and touch Geoff again and spout nonsense I will fucking cry laugh to death.

Fudus

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2020
2021_12_09__31_.png

If you want to share your spicy takes on stage then win some damn awards first

Max|Payne

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I know the perfect person to provide security at the venue.

He's quiet, efficient, blends in like a chameleon and he's bald.

Will make sure everything goes without a hitch.

BUNTING1243

Oct 25, 2017
gonna be a sniper on the rafters to keep anyone from mentioning gaza in their acceptance speeches i'd imagine

Rust

Jan 24, 2018
Third incident?
I remember the idiot kid during the Elden Ring win, but what was the other stage invasion?

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
Third incident?
I remember the idiot kid during the Elden Ring win, but what was the other stage invasion?

Someone tried to copy the Elden Ring kid at Gamescom and grabbed Geoff's mic to shout about GTA 6 and Bill Clinton.

I hope security is on top of things. It feels like it's only a matter of time until someone gets hurt.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017

Security guy then pulls off a mask revealing himself to be Kojima. He explains this scenario was integral to understanding the following trailer:

*Travolta, circa Saturday Night Fever, dancing for four minutes*

saturday-night-fever-john-travolta.gif

Pez

Oct 28, 2017
lol.

This is honestly what people want to happen the most at the VGAs.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Security will be tightened by having GTAVI trailer revealed the day before

Apr 9, 2018
Trained operatives will be ready to Fulton extract Christopher Judge if he doesn't get off the microphone in a timely manner 🪂

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kyle Bosman will be at the ready with a sniper rifle