Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017

Oh man, this new guy is a clown too.

Also...

EIk-JGQ-Wk-AARja-G.jpg

Some of the chuds on KF are a bit miffed.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
so I haven't been super closely following this, but is he already accepted back into everything? This one company I follow on IG is holding a signing for funko pops with him, and everyone is going crazy over it, buying them all up. Thought it was super weird thing to be seeing after all of this happened.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
so I haven't been super closely following this, but is he already accepted back into everything? This one company I follow on IG is holding a signing for funko pops with him, and everyone is going crazy over it, buying them all up. Thought it was super weird thing to be seeing after all of this happened.

Funimation and Rooster Teeth have essentially banned him from working with them, some cons will still hire him cause they'll take anyone with any street cred.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
It was just pointed out to me that Volney, Funi's representative, refers to Rekieta as a "Internet Lawyer."

Hahaha.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017

Some chuds actually sent death threats in the mail.

As awful as that is, it's another example of Screech rallying the chuds into such a fury, only for it to slingshot back to hurt Vic's case.

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
How are News links posted? Anyway there is an NPR thing on #MeToo and Jamie Marchi is right there. https://www.npr.org/2019/11/05/772223109/for-many-metoo-accusers-speaking-up-is-just-the-beginning

One thing that surprised Tejani is how many of the accused are fighting back and filing their own lawsuits. That speaks to a strong and vocal backlash against #MeToo.

Jamie Marchi says she's faced backlash since making sexual harassment allegations. "The front door to my house has been posted online; my fiancé's children's names have been posted online," she says.

This happened to Jamie Marchi, a successful voice actor for video games and anime, who worked alongside Victor Mignogna, who has his own fan following.

After numerous women came forward accusing Mignogna of sexual harassment, Marchi took to Twitter in February, posting her own account of Mignogna grabbing her by the hair and harassing her eight years ago. In the process, she says, "I found out that he had pulled the hair of at least half a dozen women that I knew, and we had never discussed it."

Funimation, an entertainment company, investigated, then fired Mignogna. His attorney did not respond to requests seeking comment.

In the nine months since, the reaction — mostly from Mignogna's fans — has been fierce. One even raised funds for a defamation suit, going on YouTube to attack Marchi.

Mignogna eventually did sue Marchi and others for posting their allegations on Twitter. A judge dismissed that case. Marchi nevertheless received death threats. The harassment, she says, is unrelenting: "The front door to my house has been posted online; my fiancé's children's names have been posted online."

Marchi says she's lost an untold amount of work as a result. But the most surprising thing, she says, is the vehement backlash from those who aren't even involved in the case. "I did not think that people would actively try to sabotage my career to keep other people from believing me," she says.

And yet, perhaps remarkably, Marchi says she has no regrets about speaking out. She views what happened to her long ago in a new light. "Eight years ago, I dismissed it. I would never dismiss it today," she says.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

So it looks like here's the $$$ breakdown Funi $268,941 attorney fees $7,504 court costs $25,000+ minimum sanctions Rial / Toye $375,963 fees $11,980 costs $100,000+ sanctions Marchi $130,637 fees $354 costs $50,000+ sanctions (Part of the fee reqs are contingent for appeals)

Looks like Vic's on the hook for a cool milli.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

So it looks like here's the $$$ breakdown Funi $268,941 attorney fees $7,504 court costs $25,000+ minimum sanctions Rial / Toye $375,963 fees $11,980 costs $100,000+ sanctions Marchi $130,637 fees $354 costs $50,000+ sanctions (Part of the fee reqs are contingent for appeals)

that $354 for Marchi is just a slap on the face

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017

Would love to be a fly on the wall for when Vic sees the total lol

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
I'm sure BHBC and Martinez Hsu + Summers? will find a way to say "well this is just if they win the appeals, which they won't!" "You only have to post this not yet $20k bond for the appeals."

It looks like Greg added in the conditional fees for the appeals filings so I'm not sure yet what the fees are pre-Appeals filing.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure BHBC and Martinez Hsu + Summers? will find a way to say "well this is just if they win the appeals, which they won't!" "You only have to post this not yet $20k bond for the appeals."

It looks like Greg added in the conditional fees for the appeals filings so I'm not sure yet what the fees are pre-Appeals filing.

Oh, the Funi document actually goes into how much it is currently and then what each additional potential thing will be, so you can check it for that number, and I expect the others will do that as well.

EDIT: ah, wait, did you just mean you can't check that yet due to the others not being posted? whoops

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, posting about a case you're a part of on Youtube 24/7 is a bad idea! Who would have thought?

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
And this is why you don't talk about a lawsuit you're in, as any competent lawyer would have advised.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017

35ze3t.jpg

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
Jamie Marchi's Fees plus

Rial+Toye's Fees plus

At first glance I don't think Lemoine has done much trimming like Volney did.

The footnotes are FIRE.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I feel bad for the poor paralegal that has to watch and read the knuckleheads bullshit and format it for a legal document

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
EDIT: ah, wait, did you just mean you can't check that yet due to the others not being posted? whoops
Yeah I wasn't sure what the numbers for Rial+Toye and Marchi were.

THough Mike does a pretty awesome job.

I'm a little scared for how firey some of these notes are though. Lemoine is definitely one who goes for the jugular when crossed.