HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Ugh. I hate that Googling Chris Sabat's name gives you a Yellow Flash standwithvic video as the top video. "CHRIS SABAT AND MONICA RIAL BULLY KAMEHA-CON. KICKVIC REACHES NEW LOW".

Awful.

Can anyone share Sabat's comments?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Now I'm wondering if this is an Anime Matsuri / Hawaiicon situation and it's going to turn out that whoever runs that con is a predator.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
How much you wanna bet the Vic stans harassed the organizers of Kamehacon like hell

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
And probably threatened them with potential litigation.
Blackface lawyer has another livestream scheduled tonight with the actual lawyer, and apparently he's "pissed".

The majority of vocal anime fans online seem to think he's innocent, so I'm betting they just complained or petitioned really loudly and aggressively.
Most of these people aren't fans, they're bandwagon jumpers from GG/comicsgate.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that Funimation, Monica Rial, Chris Sabat and others didn't lose any twitter followers during all this, they only gained followers.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Most of these people aren't fans, they're bandwagon jumpers from GG/comicsgate.
I don't think there's anything to actually substantiate this assertion and it's not really helping discourse to keep downplaying people with opposing viewpoints without merit.

EDIT: to make this clear, I am absolutely not defending any specific gamegater or gamegater adjacent person. I'm only stating a belief that a majority of people are just parroting the beliefs of the larger personalities out of ignorance, and immediately dismissing them as the same type of garbage means no one is there to talk to them to explain why it's garbage and they never learn how incorrect those views are.

This all goes back to my earlier statements on how I worry this situation is essentially a huge alt-right breeding ground because if you assume everyone out there is arguing in bad faith, you start looking like a fanatic and unintentionally reinforce the "me vs. the world" mentality.

Last edited:

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think there's anything to actually substantiate this assertion and it's not really helping discourse to keep downplaying people with opposing viewpoints without merit.

You're not being as subtle about this as you think you are. Tell us more about the "discourse". Do facts care about our feelings?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I really think he just wants to be left alone in this. He's not the only one that runs this is he?

Kind of hard to tell. There's no: "About Us" page on their website.

.... Geekdom101 returns to host Kamehacon 2 after a wildly successful first year!

Is all I could find. But being a host doesn't mean you actually run all of the other details of the con. Just like how the host at the Oscars doesn't obviously run the Oscars.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Yellowflash was a huge comicsgator and Ethan Van Sciver tried jumping into it as well but failed. The animegate hashtag existed before all this started and was being headed by yellowflash and other gators.

Edit: Oh yeah, and lets also not forget that Thequartering and Bounding into Comics have thrown their weight in as well.

Last edited:

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
You're not being as subtle about this as you think you are. Tell us more about the "discourse". Do facts care about our feelings?
Subtle about what, exactly? I don't know what you're insinuating nor do I understand what you're asking me.
Yellowflash was a huge comicsgator and Ethan Van Sciver tried jumping into it as well but failed. The animegate hashtag existed before all this started and was being headed by yellowflash and other gators.

Edit: Oh yeah, and lets also not forget that Thequartering and Bounding into Comics have thrown their weight in as well.
I'm not saying there aren't people who are exactly like you said, but I don't believe those people to be in the majority. There's a lot of people who are just gullible or blinded by their fandom.

Deleted member 41271

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 21, 2018
I'm not saying there aren't people who are exactly like you said, but I don't believe those people to be in the majority. There's a lot of people who are just gullible or blinded by their fandom.

What a blast from the past, seeing a classic gamergate defense used to defend gamergaters trying to gamergate in different fandoms five years later. It's almost nostalgic.
~Different views~ and poor, oppressed ~opposing viewpoints~ indeed, always trying to pretend the involved points are equal.

The playbook sure doesn't change.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
What a blast from the past, seeing a classic gamergate defense used to defend gamergaters trying to gamergate in different fandoms five years later. It's almost nostalgic.
~Different views~ and poor, oppressed ~opposing viewpoints~ indeed, always trying to pretend the involved points are equal.

The playbook sure doesn't change.
Wait, you're seriously calling me a gamergater now? Just because I don't think a majority of people are terrible?

With allies like these, who needs enemies?

I literally never defended anyone who is actually legit saying terrible stuff. I just think there are a lot of people who don't know any better that get caught up in the big personalities and endless drivel being spit out by those that are.

If you want to think the worst of me for having some hope in humanity, then hate away. See how far that gets you. I hope you don't turn into what you hate while you're at it.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
you know terrible moral implications aside this move doesn't make much logistical sense either, like in what world is Vic Mignona worth losing Chris Sabat and Monica Rial

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
For someone who's so used to having a fanbase of underage girls, I wonder how ol' Vic will feel now that he'll be crowded by throngs of creepy incels at these cons.

starpower

Digital Dumpster Diver
The Fallen
Jan 23, 2018
Canada
been seeing this thread pop up for a month after I stopped paying attention, what is the argument for his support again? it is so weird he won't just go hiding unless he is financially distraught

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
the worst part of all this is it's just going to make the vic stans even more insufferable than they were before, it's gonna galvanize them even more than before and there will likely be an upsurge of their harassment in the short term.

Oct 25, 2017
I found out today that my best friends have been watching Shield Hero. :/

And an acquaintance who keeps coming to our gatherings also happens to like Shield Hero. Not surprising since he also happens to be a Vic supporter/Monica Rial hater.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
been seeing this thread pop up for a month after I stopped paying attention, what is the argument for his support again? it is so weird he won't just go hiding unless he is financially distraught

There is no real argument besides the fact that not all of his accusers have hard video evidence. And even if they did, there would be some other excuse. Really it's just Vic fangirls and trolls who want women to 'stay in their rightful place'.