Well since we're sharing pics we made.

eKJpQ9Y.gif

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018
it's archived in The Vault

7XSiuap.jpg

www.resetera.com

Who is Hideo Kojima's best friend? An investigation

Ever since leaving Konami, it seems Hideo Kojima's personal life has become a tiny bit more public - namely, we now see who he hangs out with. Four names have taken the spotlight since then. Today, we investigate his relationship with each one to decide who's Kojima's true best friend. Friend...
I know. And it's sad we haven't gotten another memorable thread like that memorable enough to join it in what feels like months too.
When I asked for another thread like that to happen, I meant it man!
It was surreal, and caused The Video Game Awards 2018 to feel empty without something like it.

OP
OP
oni-link

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Crazy to think all of that happened 2 years ago!

How has it been that long since we were all scrambling around in Discord servers trying to figure out a new home?

I didn't even have discord 2 years ago. I managed to get in during the glitch when any old email would let you register

Once the old place was back up, a lot of people from Era were back shepherding users over to Era though

TwntyOneTwlv

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
What a crazy time that was. Big thanks to the fine folks at SL&ENT for hosting some of us GAF refugees while Era was being put together!

Edify

Oct 28, 2017
I remember the migration, reading about the discord server and everything and making the decision to G̶o̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶s̶i̶d̶e̶ play games until everything calmed down and normal registration was open.

October 28th here because I'm a bitter old man who never moved on from IRC and Usenet.

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018
DANG Fat4All, you're fast with this Resetera Photoshopped images and GIFs trip down memory lane.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I'm really glad this place exists. Those days after the old place exploded were weird. Era and it's community are home.

Happy Birthday 🎂

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
I'm trying to think of the most controversial thing I could say on Era... Ah! I've got it!

The Dark Theme sucks! Light Theme for the win!

Dec 20, 2017
No kidding. Seeing GAF slowly go up in flames in real time that night was a surreal experience.

I'm surprised it took so long. It was obvious EvilLore was a sex pest ever since he posted his bizarre European trip journal. This place is much better I think. The forum tools are more modern and while moderation isn't perfect, actually posting the ban reason is a huge step forward. I always thought that rule was silly in GAF. This is probably the best general purpose gaming discussion forum.