• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Watching that clip I think I cringed so hard my face collapsed on itself. Good god, how could you be so stupid.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just trying to imagine a co-worker showing up to the office and nobody at the very least warning him he's about to lose his job, let alone explaining why what he's doing is terrible.
Yep, like, even stupid motherfuckers usually know 'hey, you're gonna get fired' even if they completely don't think he should. It takes either brazenly not giving a fuck, or REALLY REALLY being stupid to go through with it in this day and age.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
How the fuck does this keep happening??
There's a noteworthy backlash story in the news every few months.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Why can't white people help themselves when it comes to blackface? It's like taking honey away from Pooh.

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
I just don't get it.
Isn't there like a precedent? Don't we all know that blackface is at the very least offensive to a large sum of people? Like nobody in their right mind would wear a KKK outfit in public unless they were TRYING to be ousted as a racist/antisemite. It just baffles me that blackface isn't on that same level atleast in the USA.

Deleted member 12379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i feel like if you get busted wearing blackface you should be forced to wear it the rest of your life. a life sentence of displaying your ignorance to others as a warning to keep away.

Oct 27, 2017
I just don't get it.
Isn't there like a precedent? Don't we all know that blackface is at the very least offensive to a large sum of people? Like nobody in their right mind would wear a KKK outfit in public unless they were TRYING to be ousted as a racist/antisemite. It just baffles me that blackface isn't on that same level atleast in the USA.
Black people aren't viewed as being on the same level as other races and ethnicities. That's kinda the whole point/problem.

There isn't an ounce of doubt in my body that there will still be countless people who will trot themselves out in blackface and act like they don't understand what the problem was.

They even get their kids in the mix

maga-racist-halloween-kids-costume-768x402.jpg

Palantiri

Oct 25, 2017
I really dont understand these people. If the characteristic that you think defines the person is the tone or colour of their skin, then you are racist and need to sit down.

This guy was so out of touch that he wore his ignorance into a school - with pride - as a teacher... wtf.

It is possible his career is shot - but honestly, given all of the information out there, he has to be very unintelligent and racist and probably shouldnt be teaching children.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
Instead of resorting to stupid racist shit like this, teachers need to focus on being creative in teaching their students.