• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Batmobile can stay,
Battank needs to go. permanently.

Spot on. Arkham games are supposed to be about being Batman, and 'strafing around an arena blowing up tanks with another tank' is not a Batman thing.

I enjoyed driving the thing around and solving some of those crazy winch puzzles, though. Exploding out of the roof with the ejector seat and flying up to something was always great. Keep the Batmobile, lose the tank part and I'll be happy.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
100% cut the Battank. The Batmobile is fine but it shouldn't be more than 10% of the gameplay.

Court of Owls are great villains. They've got good resources, scope and mooks that aren't just random street thugs they can throw at you. Like the League but not too similar.

The real problem is that WB Montreal's one game and Batgirl DLC sucked. They're awful at gameplay. Hopefully that changes.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
IIRC, Night of the Owls actually took place over the course of a single night, so this would probably be the one time it'd be reasonably justified.

They have always managed to justify it, but it is more lame every time they do it. And the night of owls was only one part of the original story, which took place over the first 12 issues of Batman N52, plus all the crossover shit with Batman and Robin, Batgirl, etc...

And it's not like the game will actually be a retelling of that story wholesale. They will take the idea of the Owls and make an original work out of it.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This game better finally give us fucking co-op with the bat family. I swear to god if they dont ship this game with co-op my rage will know no bounds.

trappedinsap

Jul 26, 2019
giphy.gif
I don't like your opinions.

Just being silly. :)

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I kind of hope it isn't open world. Or at least not open Gotham.
Have Batman trapped in a Court of Owls installation or something.
Also better let us play as the whole Bat family.
It's about freaking time.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
I kind of hope it isn't open world. Or at least not open Gotham.
Have Batman trapped in a Court of Owls installation or something.
Also better let us play as the whole Bat family.
It's about freaking time.
Do both. Batman is trapped in a CoO labyrinth and the rest of the bat family are looking for him/fighting criminal organizations out in the city. And have more locations like the hospital, Arkham Knight HQ and Ace Chemicals from Knight, and the hotel from Origins embedded in that open world. The gameplay translates well to both interiors and exteriors.

It'd probably be hard, but there's too much benefit and fun to the city being traversable to eschew it.