• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Also number 4 in Canada.

Ek1Bz1jWMAAsB2k

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh no, Amelia's stream put me to sleep and I missed the last 10 minutes plus Gura's stream.

Recaping it now and it already started great with "she wildie".

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
She also said that she has invested an "unhealthy amount of time playing it" but at the same time isn't sure if it would turn out to be good streaming material.

Or something like that.

I think she was in one of the top raiding guilds, pretty sure most of them knew who Ina was (in FF14) when she debut'd lol.

And yeah she's probably right about that, only have to look @ Moona's FF14 vids low view/stream numbers before she blew up in Minecraft

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think she was in one of the top raiding guilds, pretty sure most of them knew who Ina was (in FF14) when she debut'd lol.

And yeah she's probably right about that, only have to look @ Moona's FF14 vids low view/stream numbers before she blew up in Minecraft

Wow I had no idea, that's so cool. I raided back in the day (not FF14 tho) and damn. regular stuff was hard, can't even imagine being on one of those top-tier guilds that did cutting-edge content.

I kinda agree with her statement too, even though I like the genre I don't find it too compelling to watch, unless the entire guild/raid was made of members. Back in the day I never really cared for those Method streams / world firsts, even though on paper it sounded cool. Too serious for me tbh, the only rage I like is for doing silly stuff, raging for missing the rotation of a boss or standing in the fire isn't the same.

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, I'm watching the Amnesia Rebirth stream archive and as someone who is not familiar with the series I have no idea what the fuck is going on.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Yeah she blew up after Pekora but when I was in her last FF14 stream she had like 400 people watching, even her early Minecraft vids had 2k people.

Think she's in the 6-9k range streaming Minecraft now, just depends who else is on.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Haachama singing stream in 27 mins, Miko return stream in 2:27, Haato reviews memes with Coco in 4:27.

Please Yagoo I need to sleep!

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
I can do this, I'm an adult *watches Miko's welcome back stream* *tears*

Stream is struggling for me at 120k viewers

Was unwatchable with chat turned on, since I turned it off it has been fine.

Fake edit- lol no wonder Mel was always getting banned on youtube lol

Fake Edit 2 - 130k lets fucking gooooo!!!

Refrain

Oct 27, 2017
Tee tee video messages....
Looks like I'm going to cry again

Edit: Aqua, what the hell?

140k views now

Last edited:

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
another general vtuber news thread in gaming, another list of low-effort reactionary shitposters to block on my end...

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Its funny when vtube stuff gets posted gaming side and you get the odd comment here and there about people being into it for sexual reasons and people arguing with them and then Miko comes back and starts pushing her boob mouse pad merch lmao.

I tend to not get into that aspect of conversation on that side because while certainly the comments are usually uncalled for, you can't deny a good amount of Vtubers lean into their otaku base to sell ecchi merch. I have to wonder if the girls have any say in that sort of thing.

Of course there's plenty of vtubers that don't have merch like that and almost all the streams are ecchi free except for some very specific channels (lol) but even in that case its the streamer expressing their sexuality in an open way they wouldn't dare if they were using their real faces (except for 1 who everyone knows who they are and they don't care lol).

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
yeah i did lol when korone was like here's a korone body pillow

like that's not really what i'm here for korone. pls play game again

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Its funny when vtube stuff gets posted gaming side and you get the odd comment here and there about people being into it for sexual reasons and people arguing with them and then Miko comes back and starts pushing her boob mouse pad merch lmao.

I tend to not get into that aspect of conversation on that side because while certainly the comments are usually uncalled for, you can't deny a good amount of Vtubers lean into their otaku base to sell ecchi merch. I have to wonder if the girls have any say in that sort of thing.

Of course there's plenty of vtubers that don't have merch like that and almost all the streams are ecchi free except for some very specific channels (lol) but even in that case its the streamer expressing their sexuality in an open way they wouldn't dare if they were using their real faces (except for 1 who everyone knows who they are and they don't care lol).
I'm terrified of what would happen if some of these guys discovered Projekt Melody.

Some of these guys being the shitposters, that is.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not really surprised how my thread turned out. The usual boomer mentality towards streamers on Era.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even need to read it to know what the comments are like. I don't know why threads keep getting created over there.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I'm terrified of what would happen if some of these guys discovered Projekt Melody.

Some of these guys being the shitposters, that is.
There was a Projekt Melody thread on Off Topic back when she started on Chaturbate. Surprisingly, people mostly took her side but it was most likely because of their disdain for sex workers and people that consume sex work.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even need to read it to know what the comments are like. I don't know why threads keep getting created over there.
The problem isn't the threads themselves. Its usually just a few posters who have knee jerk reactions. I think its inevitable with how its blowing up. There will be more and more threads on gaming side when big companies like Sony and Microsoft start using Vtubers to promote stuff. Sony has already done it with that PS5 preview and Xbox twitter retweeted some Gura post a while back too. The gaming companies seem to be watching the growth with a keen eye.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
There was a Projekt Melody thread on Off Topic back when she started on Chaturbate. Surprisingly, people mostly took her side but it was most likely because of their disdain for sex workers and people that consume sex work.
Not surprising that people would get extra weird about her. She's legitimately hilarious on Twitch so it's always a bummer when people throw the baby out with the bathwater (metaphorically) because she's also sex worker. Girl is full of charm no matter her platform.

Would it be cool to promote some of the indie ENVtubers here? I know it's mostly Hololive in here but I feel like the non-JP/Hololive-affiliated folks need some love too! They're primarily what I watch for whatever reason.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
Would it be cool to promote some of the indie ENVtubers here? I know it's mostly Hololive in here but I feel like the non-JP/Hololive-affiliated folks need some love too! They're primarily what I watch for whatever reason.

Yes please! Would love to know more about other vtubers outside of Hololive, although EN and Moona are plenty to watch along with the clips of the JP streamers

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017

Tbh I think part of the reason I gravitate towards the English streamers more is because their dynamic is more chill and wholesome, while certain parts of the Japanese generations are more hyperactive and/or horny. Definitely not knocking it if it means the streamers are showing off their true personalities more, but yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.