• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've watched Mio's breakdown from last May and tbh it made me feel a bit shitty, those girls / guys are being pushed so hard, either by themselves or by others, just to satisfy the viewers.

Unfortunately it isn't different from many other products that I usually consume, mind you, we are after all in a gaming forum and we can't talk about games without mentioning the horrible crunch practices that happen all the time. But talking in a crude way, "seeing how the sausage is made" hits you harder.

eko

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
CsQWMMZ.png

WE HAVE FANGS

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
3D listener-San... only Korone lol

These 3D models still look a bit rough with the rigging and mocap.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
A 3D update is always a tad bittersweet for me. There's just something missing without the jankiness. The same goes for some Live2D updates.

But Korone is still my favorite cutie~

V-Faction

Oct 25, 2017
A 3D update is always a tad bittersweet for me. There's just something missing without the jankiness. The same goes for some Live2D updates.

But Korone is still my favorite cutie~
I think the eyes/blinking seems a lad less responsive if I'm being honest. Lots of work going into these rigs, I know, but you're absolutely right about something off.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Backseating is always a interesting problem since you'd think the reason to watch a streamer play a game is to watch how they respond to the challenges the game throws at them. Chats never seem to get that if a streamer wants your help, they'll ask for it. I remember Maximilian Dood having to threaten to switch to sub mode in order to get his chat to knock it off.

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those 3D models do nothing for me, the only time I find them interesting is if they are really used for body/physical humor like Coco does with her dancing streams.

Otherwise 2D for life.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Count me as another person who prefers the 2D models over the 3D ones for the most part.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I agree that the Flare x Marine Karaoke stream was great. Love how they made each other laugh and botched several songs because of it (especially Cruel Angel's Thesis). Also Flare was on FIRE during Ahoy, Marine's song (that song in general is kind of a bop ngl). They had great synergy which made for a very fun stream.

Also, I expected Haachama's cooking contest to be a horror show but it was surprisingly nice? Actually made me hungry lol
Some Haatons really are talented.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Damn I don't really like 3D Korone either. Why is her mouth closed now!? Lol. Some of the charm for me was the derpy and janky look having her mouth and eyes wide open gave her.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Yeah idk how I feel about Korone's 3D model. Something feels less cute idk.

tchiem

Jun 3, 2018
I haven't seen it mentioned yet but Kiara has some ambitious plans to flex her translation skills by interviewing every Hololive member (including HoloStars and HoloID). I'm glad she's including HoloStars and HoloID because they definitely deserve more love.

Time stamped:

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen it mentioned yet but Kiara has some ambitious plans to flex her translation skills by interviewing every Hololive member (including HoloStars and HoloID). I'm glad she's including HoloStars and HoloID because they definitely deserve more love.

Time stamped:

Bruh, that's exactly what I've asked.

Thank you Kiara.

I wish Roberu's bar streams had subtitles, would love to understand them. So many collabs, incredible.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Korone's new model is rough. The way the paw necklace is constantly clipping into her neck is super distracting and it seems a lot less expressive overall. Big downgrade from the old one.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017

Time stamped:

Damn that's awesome. Kiara is great.

Oct 26, 2017
They just need to fix the mouth movement recognition on both Korone and Coco's models, I think that's the biggest issue for me atm.

Well that and contrast:

eFy0Dz1.png

And yeah backseat gamers need to go, I'm glad that it's not really a thing on Korone's streams so far but guessing it's more of a HoloEN thing.

Last edited:

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
They just need to fix the mouth movement recognition on both Korone and Coco's models, I think that's the biggest issue for me atm.

Well that and contrast:

eFy0Dz1.png

And yeah backseat gamers need to go, I'm glad that it's not really a thing on Korone's streams so far but guessing it's more of a HoloEN thing.
Korone's equivalent would be people telling her to go to bed when she's doing endurance streams. She hates those.

nitecore

Sep 17, 2020
Amelia's new chat rules explicitly calling out backseating
"I like to play games my own way: mostly by learning through experience and being wrong. Sometimes, I will ask for help and even then, I may choose not to take your advice. Launch the game yourself if you want to see it played your way or at least pay money to yell at me (」゚ロ゚)」$$$"

Also i find it interesting that Ina is the only one with a dedicated mod, AO-chan came into amelia's minecraft stream this morning to moderate

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
Korone should probably be at a million this week and Fubuki possibly in two weeks. Pekora might make it there before the end of the year too. Hopefully Cover can actually become better because all their talents deserve the best.

ThatOneGuy831

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'll post the same thing I said on Reddit about the backseating:

Backseating is easily one of the worse things about any chat, whether its on Twitch or YouTube. Is it seriously that hard to just sit back and just, ya know, watch the streamer play the game and learn on their own? We've all been there with games we've never played before, the only difference is we don't have hundreds of people yelling at us to DO THIS THING or YOU'RE DOING THIS THING WRONG!!! Thats what made Ina's Half-Life 2 stream yesterday so fun, I love it when someone goes into a game like that blind and just learns the mechanics and game play on their own without any help.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
To quote the Great Woolie Madden when he quoted backseat gamers in his chat:

"STOP BEING YOU! BE ME!"

Oct 25, 2017
From what I understand, spamming 'gwent' is some witcher 3 community meme or something? Still bleh.

on a positive note, fubuki's drawing stream was amazing and im super impressed at how fast she can just scribble out these super cute chibi art.

Another note:

Seriously. fuck off creeps

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Amelia's new chat rules explicitly calling out backseating
"I like to play games my own way: mostly by learning through experience and being wrong. Sometimes, I will ask for help and even then, I may choose not to take your advice. Launch the game yourself if you want to see it played your way or at least pay money to yell at me (」゚ロ゚)」$$$"

Also i find it interesting that Ina is the only one with a dedicated mod, AO-chan came into amelia's minecraft stream this morning to moderate

Good on her.

Ahoy captain! I've spotted another ship!

Hydra_BE

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
It's 100% a thing on Korone's chat.

Yeah it's either that, concern trolling, or people who think she's really a dog playing video games. Korone(and I assume other streamers) will ask for advice from viewers from time to time, like in the Super Mario English stream. Of course the emphasis is that fact that Korone herself asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.